Supreme Court To Try Thaksin

Lite Beer

And if Thaksin is charged, tried, convicted and sentenced will he serve his jail time in the same way Sondhi is serving his?

Don't be silly. Thaksin will never set foot in the country if convicted, plus he will say it is all politically motivated, call on his red mob to rally against the court decision, etc, etc, etc.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Supreme Court - Criminal Section a Judge only court or Judge and Jury Court?

The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders will have a panel of nine judges hearing and deciding the case.

I'll leave it to the Red Shirt Leader and Deputy Secretary-General to the Interior Minister Jeng Dokjik to provide their names, addresses, and phone numbers for threatening purposes.

• Like 1

Have the rest of these defendants been remanded in custody ? If not we might find them all living in Dubai before 11 October.

None of them have been remanded AFAIK.

I'm interested in seeing when the one defendant that was dropped from the original case faces prosecution.

A request was being made for public prosecutors from the Criminal Court to file the appropriate charges against Panthongtae Shinawatra for his involvement in the siphoning of billions of baht.

He was dropped over jurisdictional concerns as he's not a political office holder.

And if Thaksin is charged, tried, convicted and sentenced will he serve his jail time in the same way Sondhi is serving his?

Didn't know Sondhi also was a part of this scandal.

Correct, Sondhi was convicted in another fraud case

The Security and Exhange Commission accused him of falsifying documents used as collateral for a loan amounting to almost 1.1bn baht ($36m, 22.7m) for his media business.

The point is that Sondhi is still leading his band of "geriatric terrorists" despite facing a 20 year jail sentence for fraud.

What's that got to do with this thread?

Diddly squat.... but it's been a very successful diversion with nearly 20 posts on Sondhi.

• Like 1

At the very least Sondhi is in Thailand and legally out on bail.

Thaksin isn't in the country and skipped his bail.

Yes but unlike Thaksin, Sondhi is on his Fourth Bail time, having been sentenced to jail 4 times and not spending one day of those sentences in jail is an acheivement way beyond anything Thaksin has managed.

You reject his right to be released on bail wile waiting appeal in a complex corporate matter? Did I see your complaint about a pack of arsonists clearly identified and convicted released on bail posted by the government (members of which incited/instigated the arson)?

Leave Thai politics to the Thais and enjoy your life here while you can. Life is too short. The average Thai, no matter the shirt color, are great people who basically let you do what you want as long as it is legal. Try taking a trip to farming villages and appreciate the hard work they do in the fields this time of year.

Each to their own, but as you say - life is too short. I didn`t move to Thailand to go on field trips. I`ll stick to Bangkok. Edited by BirdsandBooze

Who cares? Nothing will happen. It never does. Thaksin will come home soon, the army will roll out again, another party will be banned and replaced with the same mob just like a financial services company going strategically bankrupt every few years. Yingluck will make her billions and so will her friends and just as the democrats are feeling the financial pinch, the Army will rescue them with a nice coup and give them a few years to rape thailand of its last Baht.

Mean while, on every street corner, there is horrendous poverty on display. So who cares about these crooks. Thailand doesn't care about our thoughts so if you want to show you care, stop moaning about Thaksin, and get out into the community and do something positive (of course, make sure it's listwd on your work permit or else you will be arrested and deported).

• Like 1

This is of course 'politically motivated' and taken care off by the coming charter overhaul.

This would not be covered by the amnesty suggested. It is an unrelated matter.

It is about time this case made its way to the court's docket. Although it might be motivated in part by politics, it is an important case that must be pursued and the implicated parties named, shamed and if guilty convicted. There is also a strong likelihood that the evidence to be presented will not be sufficient to prove the guilt of those charged. Whatever, the result, the case had to be brought for the sake of Thailand's banking system.

• Like 1

Have the rest of these defendants been remanded in custody ? If not we might find them all living in Dubai before 11 October.

I'm interested in seeing when the one defendant that was dropped from the original case faces prosecution.

A request was being made for public prosecutors from the Criminal Court to file the appropriate charges against Panthongtae Shinawatra for his involvement in the siphoning of billions of baht.

He was dropped over jurisdictional concerns as he's not a political office holder.

http://www.thaivisa....k-loan-scandal/

Surely he is still good for conducting fraudelant activities and can be tried separately ?

This is of course 'politically motivated' and taken care off by the coming charter overhaul.

It is about time this case made its way to the court's docket. Although it might be motivated in part by politics, it is an important case that must be pursued and the implicated parties named, shamed and if guilty convicted. There is also a strong likelihood that the evidence to be presented will not be sufficient to prove the guilt of those charged. Whatever, the result, the case had to be brought for the sake of Thailand's banking system.

let's see what's in all those boxes...

The Nation

2012-06-14

'17 boxes of evidence'

In the Krung Thai Bank (KTB) case, state prosecutors submitted a writ citing an anti-graft report and 150 files in 17 boxes of evidence.

Surely he is still good for conducting fraudelant activities and can be tried separately ?

Yes, he can be tried separately.

That's why the effort to get him indicted and go to the Criminal Court instead of the Supreme Court.

As his purported involvement is knee deep, it's appropriate for him to be tried, also.

Yes, he can be tried separately.

That's why the effort to get him indicted and go to the Criminal Court instead of the Supreme Court.

As his purported involvement is knee deep, it's appropriate for him to be tried, also.

Well then. Let's hope they have revoked his passport. Actually. Maybe not. It would be an absolute pisscutter to see another Shinawatra on the run for fraud.

Who cares? Nothing will happen. It never does. Thaksin will come home soon, the army will roll out again, another party will be banned and replaced with the same mob just like a financial services company going strategically bankrupt every few years. Yingluck will make her billions and so will her friends and just as the democrats are feeling the financial pinch, the Army will rescue them with a nice coup and give them a few years to rape thailand of its last Baht.

Mean while, on every street corner, there is horrendous poverty on display. So who cares about these crooks. Thailand doesn't care about our thoughts so if you want to show you care, stop moaning about Thaksin, and get out into the community and do something positive (of course, make sure it's listwd on your work permit or else you will be arrested and deported).

Horrendous poverty? I take it you are not widely travelled.

Leave Thai politics to the Thais and enjoy your life here while you can. Life is too short. The average Thai, no matter the shirt color, are great people who basically let you do what you want as long as it is legal. Try taking a trip to farming villages and appreciate the hard work they do in the fields this time of year.

Been to Chiang Mai?

Not much of the live and let live. Had an indoctrination from a tuk-tuk driver on how the red shirts do what they want and the police live in fear of them. Not sure what they do with their other brain cell

My wife is scared to get a yellow motorbike (not that there are that many here).

But I agree, the majority of Thai people just want to get on with their lives

It's about time the PTP grew a sense of direction, bought a compass and committed, in writing, to the people if Thailand, WHAT the <snip> changes they want to make.

Until they do , all the Reds and their plastic red lapdogs should refrain from posting on the matter as there is nothing to discuss.

Edited by metisdead
: DIsguised profanity edited.
  • Like 1

The Nation

2012-06-14

'17 boxes of evidence'

In the Krung Thai Bank (KTB) case, state prosecutors submitted a writ citing an anti-graft report and 150 files in 17 boxes of evidence.

well if they want a conviction they'd better hope they have more on thaksin in those files than - (from the OP)

The loans were approved when Thaksin was in office.

The Nation

2012-06-14

'17 boxes of evidence'

well if they want a conviction they'd better hope they have more on thaksin in those files than - (from the OP)

The loans were approved when Thaksin was in office.

oh, rest assured, they do. The OP was the briefest possible. More is available here:

Prosecutor Indicts Thaksin In State Bank Loan Scandal

The State Of The Cases Against Thaksin

Thaksin To Face New Corruption Charge Over Improper Bank Loans

Edited by Buchholz

i know, i was being facetious about the OP.

i remember this story, it only came up again here recently in the last month or two iirc.

...^ just noticed you linked the recent one.

Didn't know Sondhi also was a part of this scandal.

Correct, Sondhi was convicted in another fraud case

The Security and Exhange Commission accused him of falsifying documents used as collateral for a loan amounting to almost 1.1bn baht ($36m, 22.7m) for his media business.

The point is that Sondhi is still leading his band of "geriatric terrorists" despite facing a 20 year jail sentence for fraud.

Well even having been on the run for 8 years for a 2 year term blink.png Thaksin is still leading his young and strapping terrorists oh sorry ummmm people. They herd the the geriatric reds into the rallies and riots. So all good.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

A bit of an exaggeration, methinks. As k. Thaksin and his then-wife were supposed to attend court on the 11th of August, 2008, we're not even talking about four years living in self-imposed exile yet.

As the trial have passed a certain stage he could be sentenced and even appeal. The last he 'forgot' to have his lawyers do (the ones left to him, with a few others jailed for luncheon box littering). Maybe our dear Thaksin already had in mind to 'arrange' a reconciliation, forgive all my opponents and let's have an amnesty party smile.png

Of course from day one k. Thaksin also stressed the political character of opponents. I don't think he ever mentioned business opponents. Maybe professional courtesy?

i know, i was being facetious about the OP.

i remember this story, it only came up again here recently in the last month or two iirc.

...^ just noticed you linked the recent one.

I know, I remeber, you know it all.

Ah neuro your a ledgend in your own mind, I look forwards to the after bar insight you bring..........

post-46292-0-77811100-1343242443_thumb.j

Edited by waza
  • Like 1