Non O To Non B

Currently on a Non O marriage and changing employers to a BOI privileged company.

I understood that I can keep the Non O, issued in another district and obtain my work permit supported by the Non O visa

in the new district where my employer is located.

Subsequently I can renew/extend my Non O in the new district...

Can anyone confirm this??? I am new to this situation but it strikes me as kind of surprising...

thx

What exactly do you have? A visa entry of 90 days or an extension of stay? If extension of stay is it for Thai spouse or employment?

If you actually have a one year extension of stay (which is not Non O or any other type of visa) for Thai spouse reasons then yes your employment has nothing to do with it (except maybe financials next time) and a new work permit can likely be issued (but that will be up to the local labor office you are using).

if you want to use the BOI One Stop Service, I believe you can only extend based on employment at the One Stop Service.

If you want to continue to extend based on marriage, you have to use your local immigration office.

What exactly do you have? A visa entry of 90 days or an extension of stay? If extension of stay is it for Thai spouse or employment?

If you actually have a one year extension of stay (which is not Non O or any other type of visa) for Thai spouse reasons then yes your employment has nothing to do with it (except maybe financials next time) and a new work permit can likely be issued (but that will be up to the local labor office you are using).

the stamp in my passport tells me i have a 'non-imm' with no added letter like 'O' and it is valid for a year since the date issued

I have to report every 90 days.... and I always thought that this was called a non-immigrant visa type O and retates to my Thai spouse.

I worked on this for a non BOI company

Now I am changing to a BOI company in a different district, Chiang Mai versus Ayutthaya and I wondered of their proposal was valid or not

I have the option to go for either 'spouse' or 'work' visa... I see no imminent differences between them to change from 'spouse' to 'work' visa

Or am I overlooking someting?

if you want to use the BOI One Stop Service, I believe you can only extend based on employment at the One Stop Service.

If you want to continue to extend based on marriage, you have to use your local immigration office.

Thanks Mario..

reason I asked is because my marriage visa is given to me in Ayutthaya and my work is in Chiang Mai

They informed me I can extend the marriage visa in Chiang Mai if my workpermit states Chiang Mai

Have no experience with a case like this hence the question if this is a valid proposal as to me it does not make sense..

Mostly because Tabien Baan etc (important for the extension) from the wife relate to Ayutthaya as well

What matter is where you and spouse live. If you are living in Chiang Mai it should be possible to do there although they may ask Thai to change home register to where actually living. To extend for marriage requires you be living together as husband and wife so would not try this if spouse is still living in Ayutthaya.

It is called a one year extension of stay. All will require address reports every 90 days. Normally there is a stamp for reason of extension such as employment/Thaiwife or such when one year extensions are made but perhaps Ayutthaya does not have such stamp.

What matter is where you and spouse live. If you are living in Chiang Mai it should be possible to do there although they may ask Thai to change home register to where actually living. To extend for marriage requires you be living together as husband and wife so would not try this if spouse is still living in Ayutthaya.

It is called a one year extension of stay. All will require address reports every 90 days. Normally there is a stamp for reason of extension such as employment/Thaiwife or such when one year extensions are made but perhaps Ayutthaya does not have such stamp.

After closer inspection I found a stamp mentioning 'Thai wife'

She lives in both places Ayutthaya and Chiang Mai but Tabien is from Ayutthaya and they are aware of that of course stating she lives in CM

for the most of the time...

For me this solution was totally new so I just wanted to see if others have had the same experience....

but I am happy with the solution for now.