What'S Been Your Best Purchase In Pattaya?

cathy211

Motor bikes can be purchased in Pattaya with just a tourist visa. Immigration gives special permission. I dont know anywhere else in Thailand where this can be done. Hope someone can tell me where?

It usually takes a retirement etc visa.

Also the cost is excellent value for bikes made in Thailand for Thailand.

Bought a great house on the darkside, many fond memories of the 4 years we lived there. My wife and son learned to swim in the pool, weekend BBQ's with friends, gardening on the weekends - many fond memories

And before any one starts it; yes I know i can't really own a house in Thailand.

can own house, just not the land it sits on biggrin.png Edited by marstons

Bought a great house on the darkside, many fond memories of the 4 years we lived there. My wife and son learned to swim in the pool, weekend BBQ's with friends, gardening on the weekends - many fond memories

And before any one starts it; yes I know i can't really own a house in Thailand.

can own house, just not the land it sits on biggrin.png

Yes, I understand that.

I got Gout one day. Most painful thing I ever had. Someone got tablets for me in a local corner shop 20 baht for 10. Needed 2 packs, but what a relief

Tell us the name of the stuff, please. I've gotta friend who I will tell. Thanks.

Have your friend get on a daily dosage of allopurinol. This medicine reduceds the uric acid level in your blood, the cause of gout. If a gout flare up occurs. I was on a 100 mg per day dosage for years until I moved over here and got off the red meats and other fatty foods. Reduced the amount of alcohol too. I've been off the medicine for over two months. When you start taking allopurinol, you may get a flare up of gout because of the change in uric acid levels, but continue taking it. For the inflamation, take 120 mg tablet of Arcoxia once a day(expensive but supposed to be effective for joint pain relief) until pain is gone. If successful, your friend should be able to remain gout free. If not, increase the amount of allopurinol by 50 mg and continue trying. I forgot to mention another anti inflammitory to take to reduce the swelling and pain but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. Green capsules and 100mg. The come in 25 mg over here so just take 4 of them. Work wonders. Ask at a pharmacy for gout pain medication and they should know. Both the allopurinol and the one I can't remember the name of are cheap. Good luck to your friend. Only a gout sufferer knows the true pain of gout.

I just remembered the name of the medicine to reduce the pain and swelling gout: INDOMETHACIN. As I indicated, I took 100 mg capsules when gout flared up from too much beer or steak. Usually effective in one day. I sometimes felt a bit dizzy from the indomethacin but it works. DO NOT take Cholchazine. I tried it once and thought I was going to die. It gave me the runs, puking for two days, etc. Terrible stuff.

Edited by patekatek

I got Gout one day. Most painful thing I ever had. Someone got tablets for me in a local corner shop 20 baht for 10. Needed 2 packs, but what a relief

Tell us the name of the stuff, please. I've gotta friend who I will tell. Thanks.

Have your friend get on a daily dosage of allopurinol. This medicine reduceds the uric acid level in your blood, the cause of gout. If a gout flare up occurs. I was on a 100 mg per day dosage for years until I moved over here and got off the red meats and other fatty foods. Reduced the amount of alcohol too. I've been off the medicine for over two months. When you start taking allopurinol, you may get a flare up of gout because of the change in uric acid levels, but continue taking it. For the inflamation, take 120 mg tablet of Arcoxia once a day(expensive but supposed to be effective for joint pain relief) until pain is gone. If successful, your friend should be able to remain gout free. If not, increase the amount of allopurinol by 50 mg and continue trying. I forgot to mention another anti inflammitory to take to reduce the swelling and pain but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. Green capsules and 100mg. The come in 25 mg over here so just take 4 of them. Work wonders. Ask at a pharmacy for gout pain medication and they should know. Both the allopurinol and the one I can't remember the name of are cheap. Good luck to your friend. Only a gout sufferer knows the true pain of gout.

Indomethacin ?