What'S Been Your Best Purchase In Pattaya?

cathy211

Several T shirts with various Thai logos on them, Elephants, palm trees, etc. Wear them all the time casually back here in the states. 100 baht or so for the better quality ones translates to about $3 USD. They are holding up pretty well, and they also help remind me when my "Tangmo" gets too big and I can't tuck in the shirts any more. I know I fit in them when I bought them

Oh. My Thai Cell Phone. Bought it in 2004. Rock solid thing. Holds the charge for months between my trips back to Thaiand. Then when over there, rarely needs more than one charge every two weeks. Thing is loud, easy to use. Nothing fancy but very usable. No camera. Just text and voice. Except for my liking it, not too worried about it ever going missing. I find it has a unique start up little chime. I often bring it to work and power it on just to hear that. It reminds me of getting off the airplane in BKK and starting another great holiday.

• Like 1

Bought a great house on the darkside, many fond memories of the 4 years we lived there. My wife and son learned to swim in the pool, weekend BBQ's with friends, gardening on the weekends - many fond memories

And before any one starts it; yes I know i can't really own a house in Thailand.

• Like 1

Bought a great house on the darkside, many fond memories of the 4 years we lived there. My wife and son learned to swim in the pool, weekend BBQ's with friends, gardening on the weekends - many fond memories

And before any one starts it; yes I know i can't really own a house in Thailand.

I have to agree. We've been here 2 1/2 years and being able to swim every day in the pool and enjoy the sea nearby is fantastic. For sure my best purchase.

My incredible bouncing carry box on the back of my Fino. Holds loads of shopping.

It really is tough and bounces very well.

Huh?

The shop where I bought the box on Pattaya Thai also fitted it. But it was not fitted correctly. Riding along over some speed bumps and the box came off and bounced down the road. A couple of scratches and that was it.

Now securely attached.

• Like 1

My incredible bouncing carry box on the back of my Fino. Holds loads of shopping.

It really is tough and bounces very well.

Huh?

The shop where I bought the box on Pattaya Thai also fitted it. But it was not fitted correctly. Riding along over some speed bumps and the box came off and bounced down the road. A couple of scratches and that was it.

Now securely attached.

I have one too. My helmets are still with me 4 years and all my shopping is securely stored. Excellent purchase!

• Like 1

Nothing in particular. Everything I buy here is a great deal. If I had to choose I would say a brand new motorbike for $1200.00 aint bad but then again that is not particular to Pattaya. I think anything you buy here you can get anywhere in Thailand so not an easy question really.

Edited by Gone

I got Gout one day. Most painful thing I ever had. Someone got tablets for me in a local corner shop 20 baht for 10. Needed 2 packs, but what a relief

Tell us the name of the stuff, please. I've gotta friend who I will tell. Thanks.

Bought a House Central Pattaya nearly 12 Years ago, paid 800 Thousand Baht for it, If i was to sell Today, I could easily sell for 2 Million. It stands me at nothing as I would have had to have paid rent to stay here in all these years.

So I call this my best purchase in Pattaya.

Possibly my best purchase was about a couple of years back, it was a Samsung 21" LCD TV from Tesco Lotus. Lotus were doing a deal where you could buy 2 for 20k, buying just the one was about 14k. I was needing a new TV, as was another foreigner also looking at the same TVs, so both got a TV each for just 10k, which was really good at the time.

• Like 1