Fruits In Carry On Baggage

Check with the customs at the relevant countrues. If you were flying to the UK you cannot take fruit and vegetables in checked in luggage, never mind a carry on bag. It risks a big fine, prison and at the least confiscation of banned items.

Also, mind the weight of your carry-on baggage. Some carriers are very strict about it. Looks like Emirates permits 12kg per person, so keep the remainder of your carry-on under 5kg.

On a related issue, smile.png I've been meaning to ask on here, "Is one allowed to carry a small amount of fruit INTO Thailand?" I'm talking 1 or 2 pears and peaches for my lady to taste not a large amount to sell! goof.gif

Thank you

VBF

We often carry 5kgs of assorted fruit for the wifes parents from Perth. ( Apples, pears, cherries. ) Never had any problem at either end. BKK customs have never checked our baggage. I think there are restrictions on seeds or seedlings.

jaiyen-please start to THINK and learn- different countries have different rules-and its for IMport, not for EXport that you need to worry. Its over-obvious that OZzieland down yundah has about the very strictest of rules imaginable.

Coming into the USA there is nearly always a kind of sealed bin to throw all those forbidden fruits into, or risk a big fine.

EU (yesm, of course the Brits can put the blame again on some hated institution, about which they hardly know any facts) also has quite strict rules, these vary for the country the fruits come from. Maybe spend a second thinking about farmers who might loose all the harvest due to some unwanted pests coming hidden inside?

jaiyen-please start to THINK and learn- different countries have different rules-and its for IMport, not for EXport that you need to worry. Its over-obvious that OZzieland down yundah has about the very strictest of rules imaginable.

Coming into the USA there is nearly always a kind of sealed bin to throw all those forbidden fruits into, or risk a big fine.

EU (yesm, of course the Brits can put the blame again on some hated institution, about which they hardly know any facts) also has quite strict rules, these vary for the country the fruits come from. Maybe spend a second thinking about farmers who might loose all the harvest due to some unwanted pests coming hidden inside?

See here for UK, http://www.defra.gov.uk/food-farm/food/personal-imports/ we do make some of our own regulations without kowtowing to the Franco/Prussian dictatorship that is called the EU

• 2 weeks later...

was wondering this myself.. could i take like 3 mangos from LAX -> BKK? without a fuss with customs?

Taking mangoes to Bangkok? Sort of like carrying coal to Sheffield, isn't it?

Anyway, importing most fruits into Thailand is prohibited. You could always declare them if you are unsure, but mangoes would probably be confiscated.