Reliable Taxi Service

LawrenceChee

Anyone knows a reliable taxi driver ? I have 2 on call an depending on the area sometimes try are not available and I am trying to increase the pool of driver

I live in Hang Dong Home in Park ...short jaunts to Tesco night markets and the likes

I pay normally 500 baht for a round trip if this is too much let me know :-)

Thanks !

"I pay normally 500 baht for a round trip if this is too much let me know :-)"

I guess whatever suits your needs and pocket.

When someone comes along and tells you they only pay such and such, why not ask them to give you their driver's number so you can use them?

When someone comes along and tells you they only pay such and such, why not ask them to give you their driver's number so you can use them?

There's another approach which works for my family but maybe not for everybody.

My adult Thai son got to know a tuk tuk driver who is very reliable, he drives very safely, and he speaks intermediate English.

When we call him he always gives an approximate arrival time and asks 'is that OK'?

If we make a plan with him for a later timing, he always checks times, locations etc, and is always at the location on time. If he's stuck in traffic he calls and says so, and gives an approximate ETA.

If he can't help he calls a friend to take the job and always calls back quickly to advise who is coming, ETA etc. And usually checks again to be sure that the friend has turned up on time.

After a few months of good work my son asked him if he was interested in a monthly bulk deal at a cheaper price. He readily agreed.

We now pay him a guaranteed bulk fee per month for up to ..... trips anywhere in the Chiang Mai city area.

For our family it's a good deal and he's more than happy with this plan. And we shelved our plans to buy a second car.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

My adult Thai son got to know a tuk tuk driver who is very reliable, he drives very safely, and he speaks intermediate English.

When we call him he always gives an approximate arrival time and asks 'is that OK'?

If we make a plan with him for a later timing, he always checks times, locations etc, and is always at the location on time. If he's stuck in traffic he calls and says so, and gives an approximate ETA.

If he can't help he calls a friend to take the job and always calls back quickly to advise who is coming, ETA etc. And usually checks again to be sure that the friend has turned up on time.

After a few months of good work my son asked him if he was interested in a monthly bulk deal at a cheaper price. He readily agreed.

We now pay him a guaranteed bulk fee per month for up to ..... trips anywhere in the Chiang Mai city area.

For our family it's a good deal and he's more than happy with this plan. And we shelved our plans to buy a second car.

Good idea there is a lot of good tuk tuk drivers around. We have the phone number of two of them we can trust. And if we find ourselves in a situation we just call them and make arrangements.

But I am not sure that there is tuk tuk service at the OPs residence in Hang Dong Home in Park

Good idea there is a lot of good tuk tuk drivers around. We have the phone number of two of them we can trust. And if we find ourselves in a situation we just call them and make arrangements.

But I am not sure that there is tuk tuk service at the OPs residence in Hang Dong Home in Park

A list of reliable Tuk Tuk drivers and knowing the areas they will/will not serve would be very useful. (Though I expect they will serve anywhere if the price is right)

My mom was the greatest taxi driver I ever saw (perhaps a few here have a similar experience?), relentless, uncomplaining and immune to any weather or time. Not sure though if she is ready to come out of retirement or change countries at 86 yo though.