Landfill

cheeky727

could anyone help me .

i need some land filled (approx 2500 sq mtrs)

filler quotes me at 350 bht per load, x 200 loads.

total price 70,000 bht

he has to travel approx 1 kilometer per load and can do it in 2 days.

good or bad

i would say too expensive given the mileage maybe 250-300bht seems more reasonable. but if he's the only one in the area you might be stuck i'm afraid. try looking around and asking possibly the head of the village.

good luck

I agree with Opothai. Two weeks ago I bought 40 truckloads (4 cubic metres per load) of dirt to extend a road on our land. They had to haul it about 2 kilometres and I paid 250 baht per load and that included a tractor to spread and compact it at no extra charge.

On the other hand if you don't buy from this guy when will another chance to get so much dirt appear? I bought the 40 loads because it was convenient. Originally I had planned to hire a backhow and dump trucks to get some dirt from a willing neighbor but there have been problems in hiring the backhoe so I figured I'd pay a bit extra for those truckloads but at least I would be making progress instead of just waiting.

Edited by chownah

I agree with Opothai. Two weeks ago I bought 40 truckloads (4 cubic metres per load) of dirt to extend a road on our land. They had to haul it about 2 kilometres and I paid 250 baht per load and that included a tractor to spread and compact it at no extra charge.

On the other hand if you don't buy from this guy when will another chance to get so much dirt appear? I bought the 40 loads because it was convenient. Originally I had planned to hire a backhow and dump trucks to get some dirt from a willing neighbor but there have been problems in hiring the backhoe so I figured I'd pay a bit extra for those truckloads but at least I would be making progress instead of just waiting.

maybe you are right, it is 70,000 bht but that includes compacting the earth as well and it is over in 2 days.

thanks for the replies

It does seem a bit rich I payed 200 bht a load a few years back to do the house block. And last month the same guy turned up to ask if we want to fill our other block for the special price of 200bht for a 4m3 truck 50 loads 10,000 bht but if we wait until next month it will be 250bht a load

Curent Ubon price from soil purchased at my home this week by my in-laws:

250 Thai Baht per truck x 40 truck loads. They had to travel several Kms to get to us so you should be paying something in the order of this price but no more really.

6 Months ago here in Kalasin I was offered two options / prices based upon the quality of the dirt hauled in.... 300 baht per truck for #1 and 240 baht for #2... After inquiring further and inspecting the soil from both locations I choose #1 and happily paid the extra price...

Pianoman

could anyone help me .

total price 70,000 bht

Just my two penneth:

Bht 350.00 is expensive for hauling only 1 km. As stated by others, Bht 250.00 - 300.00 would be more realistic.

One 4 wheel truck will haul approximately 4.00 m3 of earth in it's 'loose' state. Compacted, this will return to around 3.20 m3. Therefore each load will raise 1 talang wah by around 0.80 metre. 2,500 sq metres is 625 talang wah (1.56 rai) therefore your 200 loads will raise the land by 0.256 metres (10").

Hello :o

is it a farmer type whom want fill your land or a professionell ?

If farmer than look out for a professionell company, dont ask for the price of one truck,

let them suspect your land and make a one price deal.

I did it, and got for 30.000 Baht (170 trucks very full because they dont like to drive so often and

for a fix price they load it more than if you buy truck per truck).

The farmer wanted 70.000 Baht.

A friend of mine did it not 3 month ago (difference 50.000 (farmer) 27.000 my former company)

What changes is that the government want regulate the landfulls and it wont be so easy in the near future to dig earth out of everywhere you want, and you have to have a permission to fill your land and so on. Thats why the prices go up (yes because of the gasoline prices to but 1 km), calm down and look for another company.

Greetings

Shing Dam

could anyone help me .

total price 70,000 bht

good or bad

could anyone help me .

total price 70,000 bht

good or bad

the lastest prices where I am at the Cambodian border was 450 a load on a 6 wheel truck, and a young Brit I know paid 500 baht a load driving 8 k's away. 6 years back I filled land at 300 a load on a 6 wheeler. That's what all the locals are paying also. Diesel is way up now. This is lower Isan here and the land is mostly clay and sand. Also those prices includes a tractor, and then a few bottles of Chang. Aye, the 6 wheelers are big and about 80% full. It's expensive I understand judging from what others have written here, but that's what it's going for here, even for the local Khmen.

thanks again for all the replies.

the work is finished now.

i didnt go for the first day of the landfill, but on the second day i got there early and stopped all the work and told the ganger to get his boss down, he arrived about 30 mins later when i asked him for a price for doing the job , after another 30 of haggling, i agreed to pay 50,000 bht.

i had 52mx30m raised 1m and 52mx20m raised to road level (approx 250 cm).

there was 1 digger, 2 ,six wheel trucks, 1,4wheel truck and a tractor to level off.

i could see for myself that they went a lot faster once the price was agreed, and i could also see that there was more earth in each lorry when they were doing it on price as opposed to lorry load.

again thanks for the replies.

looking at getting some land filled here about 3km's outside the centre of Surin

(near the back of IQ concrete) raise 1 rai approx 1 meter

and the guy is looking for 300 baht for a truckload including compaction.

i got 3 different prices and

this was the cheapest . Seems expensive, if anybody can point me in a cheaper

direction, greatly appreciated

Curent Ubon price from soil purchased at my home this week by my in-laws:

250 Thai Baht per truck x 40 truck loads. They had to travel several Kms to get to us so you should be paying something in the order of this price but no more really.

Last year (Ubon) I paid 185 per truck (short haul). My neighbour just paid 135 (longer haul) but this is perhaps because there was some other fill going on at a nearby temple at the same time...

On soil in Ubon. The last two weeks i've had another 40 truck loads dropped before I arrive so that our garden is level and can be started. Each truck has been dropped at 250 baht each from 2-5kms away. I've not seen it much lower than 200 ever especially not within the city. My wife and I drove round to all the yards and the story is mostly the same about rising fuel/diesel prices putting the price up of each truck load over the last couple of years. So much building work going on in the city that some of these yards can pick and choose which customers to supply when they are really busy and soil is in short supply. Some days we would be continually on the phone to get these guys to drop more soil. We would hear all the excuses under the sun about break downs, flat tyres you name it. They were just so busy they were doing the rounds trying to keep every customer happy. Some days we would receive soil other days no joy. There are a lot of factors to the prices generally realting to where they are situated, demand, diesel prices etc...

In the village in Sisaket we know family who can get soil at 150/truck but no good to us as we are 1 hour away and they will not bring it to us in Ubon. We are governed by the local suppliers within the city.

One word of advice about soil if you are planning to have considerable amounts dropped. Always keep the ticket book in your pocket and sign each ticket yourself for the driver each time a load is delivered. One day last year I had a team of 15 builders putting a wall up for me in Ubon. One day my wife and I needed to go into the town for a few hours so I signed up the book before leaving and left it in the sala for family to look after. I came back and 40 trucks had apparently been dropped within the space of two hours which would have been impossible given the pace at which they had dropped them over previous days. The book looked as if it had been dipped in water quickly and a bunch of pages ripped out. I took this up with the soil yard who explained there carbon copies showed 40 trucks visiting our house that day. I knew but could not prove that one of the builders had done a deal with either the driver/s or soil office. That day I was 10,000 baht out of pocket and moved to a different company after that. Needless to say the book never left my side again until I had watched every truck dropped. Expensive lesson learned for me.

We plan to purchase 150 truck loads in Surin at the beginning of May this year. One of my wifes neighbors has a farm with excellent top soil and he is going to arrange this for us from his farm.

Barry

barry, if you neighbour is willing to sell and deliver dirt to Surin at less than 300 Baht a load

i'd be interested in buying, let us know mate.

i've had a similar experience to Jay in the last post, i've been to around 10 yards around

Surin and the best price for one load is 300 baht. My wife can buy one load in her village

(samrong thap about 30 mins away) for 150 baht , but thats no good for me in Surin.