Condo Common Fee - How Much Do You Pay ?

I would like to know what other people are paying for their common fees on their condos

I am trying to get an average of whats acceptable and whats just plan milking

Could you please state:

1. the size of the building ie how many rooms ie 300 rooms

2. how much per square meter do you pay in common fees ie 40 baht

3. do you think the money is well spent ie yes

thanks

If they actually used the money for maintenance/repairs i'm sure it would be a great value. Truth is, in Thailand i'm sure this is rarely the case. Of course some percentage of it gets used, but like everything else in Thailand, you get the orange rinds and some idiot thai/chinese businessman get the actual juicy orange -- and there is nothing you can do about it except bend over and keep taking it hard.

1. 140 rooms

2. 30 baht per m2

3. On balance I think it's worth it; the cleaners and gardeners are friendly and keep all the common areas, garden and swimming pool looking respectable and the guards are polite and helpful (one even bought a delivery guy up to my room one time when I didn't hear the phone ring). I think the key advantage is that the condo exterior is periodically re-painted and the windows are washed - I have friends who either rent houses or live in their wife's houses and pay more per m2 and they don't those advantages. Re-painting a house isn't cheap.

Depends on the quality of the building. I am on the juristic committee and we have just increased to 50 baht per sq mtr. A letter was sent to all owners to vote and the increase was carried by the majority. The accounts are published every 3 months and there is transparency in the way the money is spent whilst trying to maintain the sinking fund. Sounds as the OP is paying about 40 baht per sq mtr. Any body not happy should attend the AGM and ask those penetrating questions. Take strong objection to the generalizing of Thai/Chinese in OP

If they actually used the money for maintenance/repairs i'm sure it would be a great value. Truth is, in Thailand i'm sure this is rarely the case. Of course some percentage of it gets used, but like everything else in Thailand, you get the orange rinds and some idiot thai/chinese businessman get the actual juicy orange -- and there is nothing you can do about it except bend over and keep taking it hard.

As Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs so eloquently put it, rubbing his two fingers together.... "this is the world's smallest violin playing just for the orange rind recipients who are bending over and taking it hard."

Boo-<deleted>-hoo, cry me a river bro.

As Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs so eloquently put it, rubbing his two fingers together.... "this is the world's smallest violin playing just for the orange rind recipients who are bending over and taking it hard."

Boo-<deleted>-hoo, cry me a river bro.

Did you just think you made yourself look smart? You are comparing getting a seat or not when you order a coffee, to thai contractors potentially taking half or more of your money and doing nothing with it but wetting their beaks -- all in your place of residence. Hardly in the same category. The violin quote is about small problems nobody should care about. I hope I have helped you in your future endeavors with that pearl of a quote. The violin is playing just for you again by the way, I really do hope you can get that seat though.

And to the op, forgive the response to the spillover from the other thread wai.gif

Edited by meand

Lalana complex in Jomtien. It is a gated complex with about eight five story condo buildings, each with maybe a hundred units per building. There are also about a hundred houses. The swimming pools, gardens and grounds are very well kept and security is second to none. The maintenance fee is ten baht per square meter per month. My unit is sixty square meters so it cost me six hundred baht per month. The fund is fat and healthy.

• 3 months later...