New Thai Delicacy : Dog

aneliane

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in Thailand...in some small areas in Isaan only.

It is like you would say that Canadians slaughter seals in horrible ways.

Same....just a very small area of very insane people, not the general population.

Barn Tarae is a village in Sakon Nakorn, a province in southeast part of Thailand - 647 kilometers from Bangkok.

It's a THAI village, not in Isaan

check out the link

Southeast? I doubt dog is halal....

Take a map....more NORTH isn't possible.

And Isaan is also Thai!!!!

Reality check....

still it's happening in Thailand

the country you live in kills 500 dogs a week for meat/fur

Is it OK to eat horse?. Not in my culture sad.png

It was eaten during WW2 on the UK. My eldest brother told me our mum used to buy it.

There's horse butchers all over France. It's not unheard of in Italy or Germany either.

Once the world has sorted out human starvation, suffering and poverty, I will then maybe start to worry about animals.

This hierarchy (1 human 2 the rest ) has been proven ethically wrong as we ARE part of the animal kingdom, and it is the base of our current self destruction

Have you seen Earthlings ?

• Like 1

It was eaten during WW2 on the UK. My eldest brother told me our mum used to buy it.

I ate horse too, I am not proud of it

But 2 wrongs don't make a good

the country you seem hail from kills 16,000 horses a year (308 per week) for meat...

French livestock associations — including those representing horse breeders and riders — note that over 95% of all horses in France are bred first and foremost for their ultimate marketing as meat. In 2008 alone, nearly 16,000 horses were slaughtered for that purpose in France — providing an income that riding centers, racing stables and other horse-related interests rely on to remain profitable. Horsemeat is also the main source of revenue for just over 1,000 horse-butcher shops in France, which were traditionally the only places in France to sell the meat, though in recent years, some ordinary butchers and food stores have also begun offering prepackaged cuts. Horsemeat brings in a tidy sum too: sales amounted to $238 million in 2005, the last year for which figures are available.

http://www.time.com/...1950375,00.html

I ate horse too, I am not proud of it

But 2 wrongs don't make a good

Was it nice? :)

the country you seem hail from kills 16,000 horses a year (308 per week) for meat...

French livestock associations — including those representing horse breeders and riders — note that over 95% of all horses in France are bred first and foremost for their ultimate marketing as meat. In 2008 alone, nearly 16,000 horses were slaughtered for that purpose in France — providing an income that riding centers, racing stables and other horse-related interests rely on to remain profitable. Horsemeat is also the main source of revenue for just over 1,000 horse-butcher shops in France, which were traditionally the only places in France to sell the meat, though in recent years, some ordinary butchers and food stores have also begun offering prepackaged cuts. Horsemeat brings in a tidy sum too: sales amounted to $238 million in 2005, the last year for which figures are available.

http://www.time.com/...1950375,00.html

As I said before (for the 3rd time) . It is not because there are sufferings all over the world that we should not condemn the one on our doorstep.

Obviously they are loads of sufferings done to animals in my own country, and I was addressing that when I was there. But now I am in thailand so I address thai animal suffering.

I sweep my doorstep

Edited by aneliane

Was it nice? smile.png

I found it kind of dry. A poor substitute for pork.

horse is red meat, how can it be a sub for pork ?

I find the flavours similar. Could have been an old horse though, it's not something I make a habit of eating.

Was it nice? smile.png

I found it kind of dry. A poor substitute for pork.

horse is red meat, how can it be a sub for pork ?

I find the flavours similar. Could have been an old horse though, it's not something I make a habit of eating.

it's more like beef with a more filamentous texture and a distinct subtle taste. you have horse steak for example which are quite similar to beefsteak

Edited by aneliane

Not in Thailand...in some small areas in Isaan only.

It is like you would say that Canadians slaughter seals in horrible ways.

Same....just a very small area of very insane people, not the general population.

Barn Tarae is a village in Sakon Nakorn, a province in southeast part of Thailand - 647 kilometers from Bangkok.

It's a THAI village, not in Isaan

check out the link

Southeast? I doubt dog is halal....

Take a map....more NORTH isn't possible.

And Isaan is also Thai!!!!

Reality check....

500 per week isn't that many.

Skippy (Kangeroo) Meat can be had on the menu here.

I am sure that David does a very mean "roo burger"biggrin.png

BBQ roo ...tongue.png full of protein.

Crocodile/ Camel meat

We feed roo to our dogs .. but my god the flatus smells are something else.ermm.gif

• Like 1

Crocodile/ Camel meat

We feed roo to our dogs .. but my god the flatus smells are something else.ermm.gif

Kangeroo steak I would be afraid that it jumps out of the pan laugh.png

If you wish to inform - up to you. But with the animal welfare organisation shutting down due to lack of funds shows the level of demonstrable interest

Well I am interested, more than that I am outraged and I wish more to inform, but raise awareness

it's more like beef with a more filamentous texture and a distinct subtle taste. you have horse steak for example which are quite similar to beefsteak

I know Austrian Leberkaes (kind of sausage) which is specially delicious made from horse.

Fohlenschnitzel...fried...something between beef and pork

Uzbekistan horse sausage: very fat and tasty but too heavy for Thailand

Possible to buy horse meat in Bangkok?

Crocodile/ Camel meat

Kangeroo steak I would be afraid that it jumps out of the pan laugh.png

biggrin.png marinate it first, which dispenses with the rigor mortis and its beautifully tender. No hopping involved.smile.png