The lack of detailed information leads me to suppose that you haven't organised any type of lease or usufruct. Therefore, as the house is already being built before you get married (will it be finished), I can't see you being able to make any (successful) claim. Are all the receipts for the building work in your name?

Make sure you have a paper trail showing all the money used to build house was yours before marriage. You never know what might happen in the future and having money paper trail would be to your benefit.

I hope building permit and construction contract has your name only.

As someone already suggested get a lease or usufruct prior to marriage on the property although that was something you should have done before construction started.

Well, I am back in Thailand and have met with 3 Lawyers...

Lawyer 1. Stated (as I thought he would) that the company ownership option is not legal and he would not risk his rep' on this way. He suggested 30 year lease back with prenuptial type agreement with my GF. So...... does anyone know if this is an option.

Lawyer's 2,3 endorsed the company route........ 51 % Thai etc etc.

I have to make a decision in the next fortnight and therefore I would appreciate any advice.

I do not want to buy a Condo.

What I will say is that I am becoming tainted with the whole affair. My confidence in a country where so called Lawyers can offer inaccurate advice advocating illegal activities and there be no recourse on this is worrying.

When discussing the situation with my GF (whom I have been with for 7 years and I trust), she like many Thai I meet, has total confidence in the systems. She believes anecdotal evidence of friends etc etc. Any conversations therefore seem to deteriorate into a trust issue or an attack of Thailand. From my point of view to sign over the ownership / monies so I have little or no control in a country 7000 miles from the UK seems to be fool hardy.

I may have answered my own apprehensions here but always appreciate the advice of people with greater knowledge and experience of these matters.

Regards,

Rhains.