Your Chance To Vote For Gig

Chainsaw

Gig will be performing in the Thailand's Got Talent semi-finals tomorrow (Sunday 29th July). The show is aired at 5:30 pm on Channel 3. If you think she should win vote for her by SMS "TGT16" to 4838999.

GO GIG !!!!

• Like 1

Still in there.

The problem with singing in english is that the vast majority who vote can't tell how bad someones pronounciation is as can be seen from the guy who came first.

We watched it, and I was expecting something great. All I can say is "meh". I don't Imagine the video replay will be going viral on Youtube this time.

She looked "too good". They also made mention of a Farang husband, and even showed him on TV. This will blow the "poor uneducated farmer's daughter" image that was previously cultivated.

The song was a poor choice too. I didn't recognize it. That may be because I'm a fortysomething and out of touch, but none of the Thai people in the audience appeared to know it either. They were singing along with her last time, and that didn't happen today.

I spent my 3 baht and SMSed a vote for her. I also spent 3 baht on the three year old drummer that preceded her. Pulling on his bottle between riffs - too cool! That kid definitely has natural talent.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

The rolling in the deep itself is great but the sound quality of this video is really bad. Hard to say if she has a great singing voice or not. The same was with an previous video posted few months ago.

Is there videos where the 'master sound volume' is not hit to the top so that it would be possible to hear the song?

hopefully this will stop all the annoying whining by her local friends

She wouldnt make it to the top 50 on american idol and pretty much anyone with 2 years of vocal training can get that far

If it goes viral again, well it still means nothing as this is in a country where the most watched entertainment is soap shows, even for working people.

She's just an average singer so now lets stop spamming her name everywhere please?

She's having fun on national tv, good for her but nobody outside her little circle cares, more talk about bad drivers or where to find bathroom tiles please

• Like 1

>>The song was a poor choice too. I didn't recognize it.

That's funny as Adele and this song got a lot of accolades and awards this year. Time to freshen up your listening game there bino.

Agreed, sound quality of this video is <deleted>.

You really need to get out more Bino.tongue.png

Croc - you (and steelpulse) wouldn't be wrong. It just proves what I already know - I'm a fortysomething that is way out of touch. Living here doesn't help!

I played the sound bite on the Wiki page you sent, and recognized it immediately, that is to say that I'd heard the song before, but still didn't know who she was.

She should have performed another cover by 4 Non Blondes or a number by Cranberries or any other classic rock.

An ex-gf of mine from when I was a twentysomething back in farangland was a great singer, and she could sing "What's up" by Four non Blondes. Another song that the ex could do really well was "What A Feeling" by Irene Cara. IMO this would have been the perfect follow-on song for Gig if she had maintained the village girl image. (And if she knows the song, of course.)

Public sympathy deminished when the farang sponsor came to light. Now public opinion will be whether she is a bar girl or not.

Why didn't he stay home and go along with the village girl ruse?

Agree with this too. Showing her farang husband and house with a pool- Thai people will figure that she has landed the big prize already.