Thai Incompentance - Tmd Website

Glad he isn't in the uk ! Bbc would have a law suit against them !

We all know the weather reports are wrong , it's nature

The best site does seem to be wind guru , but as bigc pointed out 1 part of the island could be under showers and 1 km Dow. The road it's sunshine !

Maybe the op could by his own mini weather station ?

• Like 1

sorry about your origional post that is borderline insiane to think that we can all exepct to get acurrate weather readings of all places in the tropics where the weather is one of the most un predictable in the world.

This is a place where it can rain in one place and have sunshine 1 km down the road.

i am sorry but i think that you are bored and fustrated and posting sensless quotes.

You moan about Thai incompitance. Which you are saying that it is Thai cutlure that is incompitant whilst saying that your Thai girl friend os one of the most intellegent people you know.

If that is the case maybe as she is more clever than Thai culter then maybe you should put her incharge of the weather for cast or am i being rude.

I am sorry if i am i just see all of contridictions. Your post looks like you posted out of complete anger and fustration which is why there is not much sense to be made of it.

i suggest you take a chill pill and then come back to the thread. believe me i have herd people spout some nonsense when they are angry. i am not angry at the moment which iswhy i am speaking nonsense. it works differently with me smile.png

This is Thailand don't worry no problem be happy thumbsup.gif failing that i can give my shrink card. u do not have to talk to her just starr as she is very nice looking )

Very good ~ Big C!!!

Especially " This is a place where it can rain in one place and have sunshine 1 km down the road." There is not a weather forecast in the world that could predict that accurately... time or place .... so I don't see any Thai incompentance at allrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

sorry about your origional post that is borderline insiane to think that we can all exepct to get acurrate weather readings of all places in the tropics where the weather is one of the most un predictable in the world.

This is a place where it can rain in one place and have sunshine 1 km down the road.

i am sorry but i think that you are bored and fustrated and posting sensless quotes.

You moan about Thai incompitance. Which you are saying that it is Thai cutlure that is incompitant whilst saying that your Thai girl friend os one of the most intellegent people you know.

If that is the case maybe as she is more clever than Thai culter then maybe you should put her incharge of the weather for cast or am i being rude.

I am sorry if i am i just see all of contridictions. Your post looks like you posted out of complete anger and fustration which is why there is not much sense to be made of it.

i suggest you take a chill pill and then come back to the thread. believe me i have herd people spout some nonsense when they are angry. i am not angry at the moment which iswhy i am speaking nonsense. it works differently with me smile.png

This is Thailand don't worry no problem be happy thumbsup.gif failing that i can give my shrink card. u do not have to talk to her just starr as she is very nice looking )

Very good ~ Big C!!!

Especially " This is a place where it can rain in one place and have sunshine 1 km down the road." There is not a weather forecast in the world that could predict that accurately... time or place .... so I don't see any Thai incompentance at allrolleyes.gif

I am sorry but if i can easily pick faults with this topicthen it must be really bad whistling.gif

Since this is indeed a serious topic, let's talk seriously.

I don't see anywhere on either site that gives real-time weather readings. Perhaps you can point me in a more specific direction. The government site appears to update twice a day. I have tried to backtrack from the link you provided to get other radar GIFs, but without success.

When reading a GIF about weather, one always looks at the time signatures to see when the patterns have occurred. It's part of reading weather maps.

Street vendors anywhere in the world set up shop knowing that it could rain, particularly in Thailand. You have not identified your "wares," so I don't know what the rain did to them (Do you sell soap?), but professional street vendors come equipped for the possibility of rain -- plastic sheeting, basic awnings and so on. This is not news. It's simply part of the street vendor business model.

Moreover, the storm that rolled in yesterday (as usual) was a telegraphed punch for miles/minutes away. Are you really saying that you need the internet to tell you if it will rain in the next 15 minutes? Perhaps you might try to use your neomammalian complex as a hunter/gatherer. "Predicting" the weather should, on a basic animal level, be second nature.

By the way, before you take too much umbrage at the TMD, you might read this, which is also on their site:

6. ภาพผลการตรวจที่แสดงนี้เป็นผลการตรวจแบบกึ่งเวลาจริง ที่ได้จากสถานีเรดาร์โดยตรง จึงยังไม่มีการทำการตรวจสอบความถูกต้อง

Since this is indeed a serious topic, let's talk seriously.

I don't see anywhere on either site that gives real-time weather readings. Perhaps you can point me in a more specific direction. The government site appears to update twice a day. I have tried to backtrack from the link you provided to get other radar GIFs, but without success.

When reading a GIF about weather, one always looks at the time signatures to see when the patterns have occurred. It's part of reading weather maps.

Street vendors anywhere in the world set up shop knowing that it could rain, particularly in Thailand. You have not identified your "wares," so I don't know what the rain did to them (Do you sell soap?), but professional street vendors come equipped for the possibility of rain -- plastic sheeting, basic awnings and so on. This is not news. It's simply part of the street vendor business model.

Moreover, the storm that rolled in yesterday (as usual) was a telegraphed punch for miles/minutes away. Are you really saying that you need the internet to tell you if it will rain in the next 15 minutes? Perhaps you might try to use your neomammalian complex as a hunter/gatherer. "Predicting" the weather should, on a basic animal level, be second nature.

By the way, before you take too much umbrage at the TMD, you might read this, which is also on their site:

6. ภาพผลการตรวจที่แสดงนี้เป็นผลการตรวจแบบกึ่งเวลาจริง ที่ได้จากสถานีเรดาร์โดยตรง จึงยังไม่มีการทำการตรวจสอบความถูกต้อง

Go to the Tmd weather radar site I think it updates every 30 minutes shows all the big clouds the things that bring rain. This should help the OP.

I have investigated the TMD website and I see nothing that current. All the loops are from the morning and seem to cover about 45 minutes only.

Can you provide a link or two?

Perhaps cos it is Sunday, and they all went to the Temple to say sorry to the Big Buddha, because someone thinks they are incompetent? whistling.gif

Sounds like the OP is more upset that he has lost his position in the local street market as the official weather forecaster, or, as the Thai merchants consider it, the clueless farang who thinks he can predict the weather that we humour anyway as he doesn't sell a lot of anything really.

Wow, what a tough crowd! Try for a little humor and get pilloried.

Okay, so your girl isn't from the island, excuse me! Your Issan girl, your Schenectady girl, your Essex girl...Whatever. Jeez, if you really have been here for eight years your skin must be wearing thin. If anything, you should be more thick-skinned by now. Gosh, if that insults you, you must be an extremely sensitive and delicate person; I will try to use kid gloves from now on for your benefit ....

I don't look down on street vendors, I'm not that tall.

Does anyone living here look at the forecasts and think they are worth the bet? How many times did the forecast say rain and it didn't? Did you sit home with all your wares under plastic waiting for the skies to open -- losing a night's income because it didn't rain?

Besides, a thread blaming the Thai Weather Department for you getting wet? Talk about puerile....

God I regret posting on this site - which I do most times...

For those who find it difficult to understand, there are numerous FORECAST sites, but a forecast is useless as it may show there is a CHANCE of rain but never ever can it be 100% accurate for the next few minutes.

If you bother to read my post, I normally check a RADAR site (up to the minute, instant, right now) to see what is coming. Many times Samui experiences rain and KP doesn't. If you cannot see the difference then I don't know how you even manage to get out of bed every day. Perhaps you don't?

See if you can tell the difference - tell me if it is definitely going to rain in the next 15 minutes by looking at "http://weather.thaivisa.com/". Now check out "http://www2.tmd.go.t...ar/cmpLoop.php" Do you see the difference?

If not then please stop reading this thread as it is beyond you.

And as for being thick skinned - most bigots/racists/narcissists hide behind 'humour' when making derogatory statements so why assume you are any different?

Well I like humor so u can put me in that bracket he he he he he he ga ha ha ha ga ahgahhahahhagga

I just read the weather full tarrow cards and they pridicting the weather is going to stop all together for. Few days as the sun is going to be closed for maintance

Need to up grade to energy saving sub bulbs