Minivans (รถตู้) From Victory Monument With Map And Phone Numbers

isaanbrit

Need to get a minibus from Victory Monument to the provinces - see my blogpost for telephone numbers, times and collection points:

http://robdonnellan.com/?p=34 (The information is about 1.5 yrs old so things may have changed, call before you go)

Having spent way too much time trying to find details about the different minibus routes from Victory Monument into the provinces, I decided to spend a few days going round all the different minibus companies in the area and getting all the information. My plan initially was to make it into a website and try to make money out of it (advertising) but other things continuously took priority and I ended up with just a load of information and no time to do anything with it.

I have therefore put it onto my blog for people to see. I actually put it there about a year ago and thought nothing more of it until I recently noticed that I was getting 5 - 10 hits / day on that page so I thought it must be useful for some people, so now I post it here in the hope that some people might find it useful. I hope it's not against forum rules to link to one's blog, mods?

Edited by isaanbrit
  • Like 2

actually the newsppr that dare not to be mentioned in this site has done this work too and published it-more or less correct at that time, in late 2010, you can find it linked in the forum (BKK-other transit topics) of 2bangkok.com.

And not just for the anusawaree, but also other major points like Mochit and in the west/along the Pinklao toward old Sai Thai.

A major ommission for all these are that they do not clearly state if its an all-day, every day or only peaks service.

• Like 1

Excellent detail, thank you.

FWIW, there is also mini-van service from the Victory Monument area to Cha Am and Hua Hin. One service leaves from the Century Movie Plaza roughly on the southeast corner of the Victory Monument BTS station, there is another (I think) which departs from the northwest quadrant of the actual Victory Monument circle. I have dropped off visitors at the Century Movie Plaza location within the last few weeks so that service is definitely running.

Thanks Rob for taking the trouble to post this info' mate...one hard lesson you learn is to know which exit to go out of at the BTS Victory Monument as if you exit the wrong one it's bloody hard work to find your minibus departure if you do take the wrong one .Here is another map to add to your web page as I find this invaluable to plan my trips..lomatopo is correct with his info' for Cha Am and the Hua Hin minibus...that is Exit 2 on this map for anyone exiting the BTS..The fare to Hua Hin was 180 baht one way up till last month when I last used it..I t may have increased slightly as there was talk of an impending fare increase for both taxi's and buses soon.Also beware that if you carry any large luggage bags some drivers do charge you for an extra seat for this...and then put everybody' elses bags on top of yours as well!!!Jed.

http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/images/area-map/N3_update.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm only an occasional visitor to Bangkok these days but it's great info, though my usual route doesn't appear there (Chachoengsao).

Unfortunately my last experience on one of of these minibuses was not the best, with a mad driver weaving in and out of traffic along the motorway at about 150kph. Arrived in one piece but haven't used a minibus since!

great share mate thumbsup.gif

The minivans that run between Mochit and Nakhon Sawan and Phichit Provinces always stop to refuel with LPG or whatever, and sometimes take more than an hour waiting in queues of vehicles. I got so fed up with this I just take the big bus and save about an hour on the journey. The last time I travelled by mini van was more than two years ago, does anyone know if this still happens? Do the minivans from Victory Monument stop to refuel adding so much time on to the journey?

i have found travelling to hua hin > BKK, they will stop 50% of the time, and the average time stopped will be 10 - 15 mins...... we have never stopped as long as an hour, but i guess that depends on the availabilty of LPG on each particular route..... maybe over the last 2 years since you travelled, LPG has become more readily available

i have found travelling to hua hin > BKK, they will stop 50% of the time, and the average time stopped will be 10 - 15 mins...... we have never stopped as long as an hour, but i guess that depends on the availabilty of LPG on each particular route..... maybe over the last 2 years since you travelled, LPG has become more readily available

Thanks UKJASE. There is plenty of LPG stations between Bangkok and Nakhon Sawan, and there was always big queues of traffic waiting. I would go back to using the minivans as they pick up and drop you off at your house. I would really like to know if these vans still always stop to refuel for so long.

A few weeks ago the bus I was on stopped at an LPG station outside of Khon Kaen. We had a long wait. Got to talking with a guy who drove for an upmarket hotel, spoke good English. He told me the station ran out of fuel, and was being refilled as we spoke (pointed to the tank truck) and explained that the system could not dispense fuel while being loaded. Took us over an hour to get out of there.