True Visions, Do They Have A Brain?

msg362

Its a challenge for the smartest amongst us to manage our satellite subscription. I imagine it must be a much greater challenge if you do not speak the local lingua franca.

Think of it as an opportunity for personal growth, rather than a reason to be rude and prejudiced towards your fellow man.

SC

Printed programs are printed weeks beforehand and for a whole month.

If one of the broadcasting companies, in this case ESPN/STAR, changes their schedule you can hardly blame True for that.

Instead of complaining about the wrong culprit, you might learn to use the full extend of the checking possibilities provided

by your HD-box and remote.

Just a suggestion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Most likely the guy has the gold package which doesn't include the relevant HD channel. If True advertised the Gold package as having full live coverage of the F1 season, then any such subscribers have a valid complaint with True, regardless of who decides the channel's schedule.

Wrong !!! Any package gives you a certain number of channels regardless of what is shown on that channel. I also have the Gold package and was able to watch both qualifying and the race. In the Gold package a number of free HD channels are included.

Yermaneewai.gif

What channel number was qualifying shown live on?

So what channel was it? One possibility is that you previously paid for HD channels which would result in you getting all 17 HD channels including, I believe, ESPN HD which carried the qualifying. If so it's nothing to do with the Gold package. Perhaps you already figured that out...

Gold package subscribers pay 150 Baht extra to get 10 HD channels and this does not include ESPN HD.

To get all 17 HD channels it is 400+ extra.

This is for new subscribers.

Quite honestly the Star Sports coverage of F1 is so appalling I shall continue downloading the Sky or BBC coverage in HD.

• Like 1

Why has the Olympics discussion been diverted to a discussion of F1 coverage?

And i agree star is ass. Steve Slater is a moron, even in HD. His calculations regarding the drivers standings at the end of the broadcast were so far out it was laghable

That said despite its excess of content, Sky sports doesn't have a patch on the BBC full broadcast.

Did i mention that i was diverted here from a thread about olympics coverage?

• Like 1

Gold package subscribers pay 150 Baht extra to get 10 HD channels and this does not include ESPN HD.

To get all 17 HD channels it is 400+ extra.

This is for new subscribers.

Quite honestly the Star Sports coverage of F1 is so appalling I shall continue downloading the Sky or BBC coverage in HD.

Yes, except currently (and last Saturday), existing gold subscribers get 10 HD channels for free, and existing gold subscribers that previously paid for HD channels get 17 of them.

The full Olympics Opening Ceremony video is still available for streaming via the Olympics Official YouTube site.... But to access it, you have to be using an Asian IP address...not a U.S. one. And at least on my PC, it seems to play/stream better using IE as the browser, whereas it doesn't work with my Firefox browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4As0e4de-rI&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1

FWIW, there's been a similar controversy in the U.S., where NBC didn't broadcast the Opening Ceremony live, and instead showed it tape delayed hours after the fact. And then, chopped it up with innumerable commercials and intentionally cut out/censored a dance and music ceremony recalling the London terrorism victims. Not to mention a lot of stupid commentary by broadcast anchors Matt Lauer and Meredith Vierra. That whole episode has caused a huge backlash in the States.

Well, by way of gloating, I get great Olympic coverage on Astro, with about ten dedicated channels, and its on ESPN and Star as well.

And just now I get two superleague matches and two or three NRL matches every week.

Last night I had the choice of Malaysia v Man City or Kitchee v Arsenal.

I really am spoilt.

SC

Well, by way of gloating, I get great Olympic coverage on Astro, with about ten dedicated channels, and its on ESPN and Star as well.

And just now I get two superleague matches and two or three NRL matches every week.

I really am spoilt.

SC

So What !! True showed the two football matches live...not 2/3 days later

I really am spoilt.

SC

So What !! True showed the two football matches live...not 2/3 days later

My apologies for being unclear;I don't know if the game from HK was shown live - I think it was; I'm sure that the Malaysia game was, but I couldn't watch it as I was at the ground. Most games are repeated several times.

The superleague games are mostly shown live, but generally its the 8 pm kick-off games that are selected, which is inconvenient if it's a school night.

Ho Ho - and the Challenge Cup Final to boot; you've got me chortling in glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot at the mere thought of it.

SC

EDIT: Does True carry Eurosport? - that's the channel you'll get the Superleague on; cracking game in the small hours of Tuesday morning when Wakefield turned Leeds over, by the way

Edited by StreetCowboy

then there are those of us who have no interest in the olympics at all

Yes but you can watch continued re runs of James Bond movies in HD,simply breathtaking.

but i can do that via torrent and a seedbox is far cheaper than true

I'm currently trying to watch th Athletics , the commentary is on and off every 10 minutes, with athletics you really need the commentary. Also there has been frequent loss of picture.

No messages of apology or explanation, fair play to True they're consistent.

I'm currently trying to watch th Athletics , the commentary is on and off every 10 minutes, with athletics you really need the commentary. Also there has been frequent loss of picture.

I think the athletics yesterday was on one of the ESPN channels. Either way, both True and ESPN take the official Olympics broadcast.

I think the athletics yesterday was on one of the ESPN channels. Either way, both True and ESPN take the official Olympics broadcast.

Its what they do with that feed thats the problem.

Hi, I'm new here.

Can anyone help me with information about true visions packages?

In the shop they answer YES to every question I ask them.

After an hour of questioning I got the following information.

Gold Lite package is 590 baht but you must also take a sim card at 399 baht. I said that I have a ToT adsl line for internet and they told me OK Gold Lite would be 890 baht without sim cards

I then asked if I could add the Disney package as shown in their pamphlet and they said yes at an extra charge of 200 baht. each being per month of course.

I then asked about adding the HD package 10 channels for 150 baht or 17 channels for 490 baht. they also said yes to that.

My real question is...... Does the 10 HD channels package show the English Premier league on Saturdays and Sundays????

They told me the 10 Channel HD package DOES show the Premier League football.

But as I said before,,,,,, I'm unsure as they seemed to say yes to everything.

Can anyone help to let me know the answers or where to find the answers.

The Bangkok true visions customer service help l;ine is for existing customers with registered member numbers. So can't get through on that number.

A true (no pun intended) Formula 1 fan knows that every year one or two races are broadcasted on ESPN instead of StarSport.

It's StarSport/ESPN's decision, not True's.

If I would complain then it's that neither ESPN nor StarSport show the free practice, like any decent sport channel does in Europe, in fact has been doing so for over 10 years.

Except the Singapore GP, right.

Yes, except currently (and last Saturday), existing gold subscribers get 10 HD channels for free, and existing gold subscribers that previously paid for HD channels get 17 of them.

I'm on Gold + HD for many months now, and they are still charging me 490 B per month for HD. When called support told me their "website must be wrong" when I quoted that existing Gold + HD subscribers get HD channels free for 6 months (http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=216). Can any existing Gold + HD customers confirm they are now not being charged for HD package?

On a side note they really have a pricing problem now, given that I can get 3 HD boxes with Platinum + HD content for 2590 p.m., while 2 HD boxes with Gold + HD will cost me 2,495 p.m. That makes zero pricing sense, and you have to wonder how they come up with their pricing strategy...