Nice Photo Of My Car But Expensive.

Thailand

Received in the post yesterday.

A very nice clear picture of my car and registration plate and me in the drivers seat taken on 16th April-Songkran

I thought this was some sort of special service provided by the local authority for Songkran but it turns out they want 500baht which I though was a bit over the top as the picture is good but not that good.

It appears they provide the service on the super highway coming in to Chiangmai and in other places around town so you could also benefit from this.

Somebody mentioned that it was not a photographic service but more related to the speed of my car which I find hard to believe.

Anybody else been offered this service? I have been here for 10 years and it's the first time.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, what was the actual speed? To reach a speed of like 100 km/h on our roads and current traffic sounds like an achievement more than anything else. wink.png

Pretty easy on the canal road on a Sunday afternoon, or any of the cross over roads from canal to Hang Dong road. Not that I would ever do that. biggrin.png

Out of curiosity, what was the actual speed? To reach a speed of like 100 km/h on our roads and current traffic sounds like an achievement more than anything else. wink.png

Pretty easy on the canal road on a Sunday afternoon, or any of the cross over roads from canal to Hang Dong road. Not that I would ever do that. biggrin.png

c110.gif n055.gif giggle.gif

112 - downhill,wind behind,no brakes.

...that's speeding...and no brakes!ohmy.png

If I remember well Pim, from Citylife, got one last year. She wrote about it here on the forum.

I had one also on the superhighway going out of town to Lampun,they took the picture

at the first crossover,this was two years ago.

Yep; I was 'treated' to one of these last year, between Hua Hin & Chaam. I knew they had the cameras there, but I was highly surprised they actually put some film in it as well . . . . . .

15 Km/hr over the speed-limit: cost Bt. 450.-

sounds like your on a bicycle and that's pretty fast

sounds like your on a bicycle and that's pretty fast

The clue to the type of vehicle is in the post heading.

I had two photos like this already, one from Petchburi province, on the way to Huahin (2+ years ago), one from Bangkok, on the 34 Highway (upper level), returning from Chonburi (1+ year ago). Both were received late, months after they were taken.

I've been in Chiang Mai for nearly one year, no photo yet.

You need to send them a reply and difinitively ask them, "don't you who I am?" Emphasis that if you have to name names then those relatives are not going to be happy. Ask if a 3 year stunt checking parked cars in Pattani sounds to their liking? Ask if they remember your sister in law that wiped out the van in Bangkok? See if they know your brother in law in the police recently sentenced to death row and relased on bail? Ask if pursuing this insult, that was obviously fabricated, is worth their lives becoming a living hell?

If that doesn't work, pay the fine with a big smile.

We got these photo services everywhere in OZ - I had one during Easter - 7kph over, on the motorway - 6000Bht, and that is the lowest fine - no demerit points untill you hit 10k over (at 10k it is demerit points and 9000Bht I think).

We got these photo services everywhere in OZ - I had one during Easter - 7kph over, on the motorway - 6000Bht, and that is the lowest fine - no demerit points untill you hit 10k over (at 10k it is demerit points and 9000Bht I think).

New South Wales

2010 Penalties for speeding in NSW

• Less than 10 km/h over the limit: $84 + one point.
  • 11 to 20 km/h over the limit: $197 + three points.
  • 21 to 30 km/h over the limit: $338 + four points.
  • 31 to 45 km/h over the limit: $647 + five points and three months suspension.
  • More than 45 km/h over the limit: $1,744 + six points and six months suspension.

55.000 baht for what most Thais do every dayrolleyes.gif

Just to rub salt into the wound...

Double Demerit Points apply for all declared public holiday long weekend periods in NSW.

Edited by Maejo Man

• 1 month later...

Well that is what I get for joking about mailing them a pic of the 500 baht smile.png

I guess they took my pic a couple weeks ago just outside Lampang

But at least it is cheaper in the country? 400 บาท

Or maybe because I was not going that fast?

116kmh in a 90kmh zone.

Dont normally speed but that area is pretty wide open space.

Also notice both pics are frontal shots. Wonder if that means bikes

never get shot since no front plate?

Here is the location of camera