Extension Of Stay Based On Children

Wondering if anybody can help me with some information. Thanks in advance. :)

Normally do extension for one year based on Thai wife, however, going through a little rough patch where we are arguing, and I am not sure she will turn up at the immigration station when I have to present the application.

If the wife does a no show, what, if anything can I do? (all paperwork in order including finances, except for current photos of house and family - these are no problems except they will just show me with the kids; no wife).

Can I make an application for extension based on my children? If so, do they need to be present with me during the application?

Any advice much appreciated.

Best regards.

If they will accept it based on children seems to very much depend on the immigraiton office in question, but officially it should not be a problem.

Yes, the children will have to accompany you and you need all the normal paperwork and such. Suspect you will be questioned on your wife, but should not be a problem if the children are staying with you and they confirm that.

The result:

It appears that discretionary powers of the interviewing officer, and individual direction of each Immigration area/station may play a part in this, however, this is what i found out today:

If you are applying for an extension based on Thai Wife, it does not matter if she doesn't accompany you for subsequent applications to the first one. She has to attend to the first one for the interview. After this, as long as you can prove you are still legally married, if your wife does a no show because of an argument or a bad mood, the officer will still accept the application. If she is holding the marriage certificates, or has destroyed them, you will need a current (within the last week) KR 2 or KR 3 (sorry can't remember which) document from the amphur you got married.

If you have children, the immigration office can change the reason for extension. The paperwork is the same, however, there are two issues with this; first your application will be treated as Year 1, so if you are on Year 7 of Thai Wife extension, that gets wiped and you start again. Secondly, they don't require your children to be present, however, they do require a witness to do pretty much the same interview as in year one of Thai Wife. Witness being a family member; parent, grand parent, aunty, uncle of your children. This all assumes you are the legal father of the children.

FYI - This is Chachoengsao immigration office.

Who told you that? If immigration suspect they were telling you that wife did not have to appear when you return in 30(+) days to obtain the actual extension stamp. She must appear each and every extension of stay application for "Thai wife" and sign paperwork (unless you can present current medical certificate of her inability to appear).

Who told you that? If immigration suspect they were telling you that wife did not have to appear when you return in 30(+) days to obtain the actual extension stamp. She must appear each and every extension of stay application for "Thai wife" and sign paperwork (unless you can present current medical certificate of her inability to appear).

And if she doesn't appear, what then, hand over his children to immigration and leave the country?

And if she doesn't appear, what then, hand over his children to immigration and leave the country?

If she does not appear then he cannot apply based on marriage and would have to apply based on thai children, with proof that he is the legal father