Bunk Beds Wanted

David Barker

I can't answer as I don't live in HH but please consider the following when buying:

1. Quality of Steel: My children were able to buckle the bits that support the matteress just by normal wear & tear.

2. Aircon: The lower bed won't get any aircon. Our bunks cannot be seperated therefore 1 sleeps on a matteress on the floor enabling his brother to benefit by having no 'roof'. Another option would be aircon plus fan.

3. Size: On the plus side the beds are extremly spacious (2m x 1.2m at a guess), enabling a honeymonster with recurring back probs to watch TV in the kids room with ease:)

HTH

Edited by evadgib

I can't answer as I don't live in HH but please consider the following when buying:

1. Quality of Steel: My children were able to buckle the bits that support the matteress just by normal wear & tear.

2. Aircon: The lower bed won't get any aircon. Our bunks cannot be seperated therefore 1 sleeps on a matteress on the floor enabling his brother to benefit by having no 'roof'. Another option would be aircon plus fan.

3. Size: On the plus side the beds are extremly spacious (2m x 1.2m at a guess), enabling a honeymonster with recurring back probs to watch TV in the kids room with ease:)

HTH

To add to this advice above also consider who will sleep on the top bunk . To illustrate ,when my mother in law came to visit some years ago with my brother and sister in law, we bought a double bed bunk with a single bunk on top to save room in the spare bedroom . My mother in law could not sleep below her children so theoretically she should have slept on the top bunk but she was not agile enough to climb up to the top bunk so the top bunk, for the remainder of her visit, remained unused except for the clothes etc thrown there. May or may not apply in your case.

• 3 weeks later...