Ged Prep Classes

seesip

Have a Thai friend who is looking to take the GED exam. I've seen a few places around town advertising but hoping to get some feedback from anyone who's tried them out. I expect there will be a place that offers tutoring for the exam prep. Thanks.

I don't think there are many people who've taken the GED who are also regulars on the TV Chiang Mai forum.

I've helped some people prepare for the GED, it is a much tougher exam than many people think. In addition to competence in reading and writing English, it requires a basic knowledge of high school science (biology with a lot of genetics, environmental science, chemistry, and general science knowledge), mathematics through trigonometry, and U.S. social studies--meaning it tests knowledge of U.S. history, geography, government, etc. The social studies can be especially difficult for someone who hasn't been through the U.S. school system. If your friend has the option of finishing high school you should strongly encourage him/her to do so. Unless your friend is a whiz kid he/she should plan on spending a lot of time preparing for the exam.