Question On Registering A Thai Limited Company

tool84

Hi,

I am Canadian married to a Thai and both living in Canada at the moment. We are going to visit in November for a wedding and I would like to register a Thai company, 49% owned by me and 51% owned by my wife and her sister if we need to have more than 1 Thai shareholders (not sure about that one).

I want to register the business name and everything in advance even though I don’t plan on moving to Thailand yet. My wife will head back next year by herself to get things started with the business with her sister so I would not be there to sign papers to register the business that is why I want to do it in advance. In November will I need to have any type of visa, since I will be just visiting, will I be able to register a company with my wife just as a tourist or will I need a spouse visa or non immigrant visa to be able to register the company?

Thanks

You do not need a non-immigrant visa in order to register a Thai Limited Company. You will need to have 3 partners however and your company, once established, will need to file regular audits, even if it is not profitable in order to remain active and avoid fines from the Revenue Department.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]