Emirates To Launch Dubai – Phuket Service From Dec 2012

rheinwiese

Emirates starting 10DEC12 is launching Dubai – Phuket service, its 2nd destination in Thailand.

Service operates with Airbus A330-200 aircraft.

Operational schedule has been loaded in the OAG around 1400GMT and appeared in Amadeus timetable listing in the past 2 hours.

Reservation for this route will be open shortly.

EK378 DXB1245 – 2155HKT 332 D

EK379 HKT0035 – 0435DXB 332 D

Source: airlineroute.net

• Like 2

I've just forwarded this information to a buddy of mine, who, with his wife, came to stay with me 2 times last year, and is planning to return mid December. He uses Emirates from Glasgow/Dubai/Bangkok, then Bangkok Airways to Phuket. Going from a 3 to a 2 leg journey is going to make him a real happy camper!

Isn't this the result from the rescue of Air Berlin by Emirates? They used to fly to Phuket but are now operating via Dubai.

I believe that Air Berlin are now in partnership with Etihad, not Emirates, so will probably route via Abu Dhabi in the future.

Isn't this the result from the rescue of Air Berlin by Emirates? They used to fly to Phuket but are now operating via Dubai.

I believe that Air Berlin are now in partnership with Etihad, not Emirates, so will probably route via Abu Dhabi in the future.

You're right, so this really is an addition then.

Etihad have been operating this route for some time now.HKT -LHR via Abu Dhabi

Thats awesome! Im hoping they have some good package deals for Dubai, I would love to take the missus there....she thought people in Australia were extravagant! Thats a good gateway to Europe also. Its really good news for travellers and local businesses here

Interesting development. This will certainly give Qatar a run for the money on the North American east coast routes as well. Emirates has been battling AC/UA for additional landing rights and LH as the senior Star Alliance is locked in a tough competition with Emirates. has been counting on UA and AC to stay fight Emirates.

Sounds good. Usually when i'm coming from Dubai back to Samui i obviously have to change in Bangkok then fly down (or bus if need be) but as we all know BKK are charging ridiculous prices for the Samui/Bangkok route at times.

This means i'll fly to Phuket, stay a night or 2 and catch up with friends then travel by bus/ferry to Samui.

I do wonder what the price will be like though as it's obviously a bit further than just flying into Bangkok.

Sounds good. Usually when i'm coming from Dubai back to Samui i obviously have to change in Bangkok then fly down (or bus if need be) but as we all know BKK are charging ridiculous prices for the Samui/Bangkok route at times.

This means i'll fly to Phuket, stay a night or 2 and catch up with friends then travel by bus/ferry to Samui.

I do wonder what the price will be like though as it's obviously a bit further than just flying into Bangkok.

From what I see they are similar to Singapore airways...it just gets a bit pricey when you start going business class....good thing about these first class carriers is you can change your flight at the drop of a hat for free....very flexible

From what I see they are similar to Singapore airways...it just gets a bit pricey when you start going business class....good thing about these first class carriers is you can change your flight at the drop of a hat for free....very flexible

Yeah, i've flew Emirates Business from Dubai/Bangkok Dubai/Hong Kong and Hong Kong/Bangkok and it does get a bit pricey to say the least but yes, the flexibility is great to be able to change dates.

Even on economy with Emirates it's still one of the best as yes, they do charge (depending on the type of ticket booked though) but even then it's only something like £75 so still not a disaster. I hear many people needing/wanting to change flights with other airlines for various reasons but just will not let them do this for a small fee and almost charge for a full ticket again!

This will suit me perfect when this new flight starts to Phuket in December and i don't have to give any more money to bandit airways to fly straight to Samui smile.png Not so sure if my friends there will be so happy now with me turning up on their doorstep in Phuket every now and then mind you! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Yeah, i've flew Emirates Business from Dubai/Bangkok Dubai/Hong Kong and Hong Kong/Bangkok and it does get a bit pricey to say the least but yes, the flexibility is great to be able to change dates.

Even on economy with Emirates it's still one of the best as yes, they do charge (depending on the type of ticket booked though) but even then it's only something like £75 so still not a disaster. I hear many people needing/wanting to change flights with other airlines for various reasons but just will not let them do this for a small fee and almost charge for a full ticket again!

This will suit me perfect when this new flight starts to Phuket in December and i don't have to give any more money to bandit airways to fly straight to Samui smile.png Not so sure if my friends there will be so happy now with me turning up on their doorstep in Phuket every now and then mind you! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

I was fortunate enough to get a business class upgrade on one of the A380s flying from Dubai to BKK, they have a bar (complete with a bartender and tabnabs) at the back of the plane!!!! it was sensational, I just stood there gassbagging and drinking JDs

Edited by snamos
  • Like 1

I was fortunate enough to get a business class upgrade on one of the A380s flying from Dubai to BKK, they have a bar (complete with a bartender and tabnabs) at the back of the plane!!!! it was sensational, I just stood there gassbagging and drinking JDs

Ha ha i completely get what you mean! The first time i was business on the A380 i never realised there was an actual bar you could go and sit or stand at! I just sat in my booth and used my own personal bar at my seat. It wasn't until the next time i went to stretch my legs and suddenly here was this bar with only a couple of people sitting at it. That was cue for me to plank myself down right there for the duration of the flight, just chatting to others, having a laugh...before i knew it we were getting ready to land!!..perfect!! biggrin.png

Unfortunately the A380 isn't doing the Phuket route though but still....

The buddy of mine who will be coming out with his wife to stay with me XMas/New Year has just booked the flights (Glasgow/Dubai/Phuket return), price 949.50 pounds, which is 100 pounds less than he paid last XMas routing Glasgow/Dubai/Bangkok/Phuket return.