Thaksin Gets Ready For Two-Week Us Visit

webfact

I am still wondering if the Korean body guards were from the North or the South of the peninsula. Can anyone enlighten me? It would seem better to hire local help but perhaps this is tied to one of the many connections and agendas.

I would guess they are South Korean. If you think it was hard for Thaksin to get a visa, you see what it's like for a North Korean.

Are they bringing the pumps?

• Like 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still wondering if the Korean body guards were from the North or the South of the peninsula. Can anyone enlighten me? It would seem better to hire local help but perhaps this is tied to one of the many connections and agendas.

I would guess they are South Korean. If you think it was hard for Thaksin to get a visa, you see what it's like for a North Korean.

If the North can make real "American" money it would seem they could make real "anywhere" passports or is this just an urban myth? My hope is that is a myth! But what if?

One more country on the list of 'welcomed with open arms' it seems. I'm not speechless, but must admit to a certain level of surprise and puzzlement

Open arms? Was the Secretary of State there? The governor? The Mayor? I think not. Korean bodyguards and a rented limo isn't exactly open arms.

Comparatively speaking, it is open arms. Take away the wealth and status, can you imagine any other Thai with the flee from conviction thing on their visa application, getting considered even fleetingly for a visa? And it wouldn't need to be a two year prison sentence conviction either. Just a minor traffic offence would put a spanner in the works with US authorities, were it known that that offence was outstanding.

As red shirts would say, it's what you call double standards.

Not really. If your broke Thai girl friend wanted to get Visa, they might deny based on very well understood reasons. If you Thai girlfriend had a whole lot of wealth and businesses in Thailand, she probably could get Visa. A traffick ticket on either scenario not going to change anything. US just does not need more broke people without means to take care of themselves freeloading of our tax dollars. Thaksin clearly ain't looking for a free ride nor will he be trying to free load off our system.

Just get over it already. Who cares if he is visiting the US. No one said the world was fair.

If you want to hate a country because Thaksin can visit that country, then start hating the whole world as he apparently has no difficulty going any where he wants

This is not US's fault. If anything, it's Thailand's fault because the Thai political system is a joke on all sides and the court system is a mess.

Edited by ttelise