How To Refund The Item You Bought ?

duiter

Hi,

How to refund the item you bought ?

For example in Big C store, Tesco Lotus, Foodland, Makro

Do they really refund your money ?

Do they ask a lot before giving you money back ?

Any experiences ?

Many thanks

Typically all you need is the receipt, certainly Tesco's is not problem and you do get your money back having done it, wouldnt see any problem with Marko, cant comment on Big C or foodland as never tried

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

They all have varying policies... item not opened, within 7 days and so on. If you buy electronics or entertainment gear and it breaks down, calculate 3 weeks before you get it back.

Return within 7 days is mandatory by law, not a store policy.

mandatory in Thailand , yeah right!

• Like 2

Had no problems getting a replacement from Tesco the day after purchase without receipt.

Handed the defective item to the customer service desk, explained I'd thrown the receipt out.

They first asked if i had a Tesco card. I didn't. They then asked time of day and what other items I had bought at the same time. My previous days purchase showed up on their computer.

They gladly replaced the item.

• Like 1

Typically all you need is the receipt, certainly Tesco's is not problem and you do get your money back having done it, wouldnt see any problem with Marko, cant comment on Big C or foodland as never tried

Never has any problems at Big-C, if you have your receipt.
  • Like 1

They all have varying policies... item not opened, within 7 days and so on. If you buy electronics or entertainment gear and it breaks down, calculate 3 weeks before you get it back.

Return within 7 days is mandatory by law, not a store policy.

mandatory in Thailand , yeah right!

Never had a problem getting a refund from the major retailers.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

cool.png When I lived in Thailand. One of things I used to say was that the word "Refund" does not exist in the Thai language.

LL

Yes it does, but I know what you mean.

Many Thai s. don't take things back as they are a nation of codependants (what will the staff think of them )and also the "greng. jai " thing.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Refund: don't know, but on computer items: Hardware house and JIB, I bring back the things when they are broken (once a month as we are a company with 13 computer). I never take the invoice with me, they don't need it.

than they tell 2-3 weeks. But usually in 1-2 weeks they call. Not exactly what you asked but maybe still helpful...

• Like 1

Index point blank refused a refund, said I could buy something else of equal value.

i had a faulty item from index and they asked me to have a replacement or store credit,

i insisted on a refund and they honoured my refund but had to fill in a form with my bank details

and wait 3 weeks for there head office to credit my account.

Not easy, but doable.

• Like 1

Index point blank refused a refund, said I could buy something else of equal value.

i had a faulty item from index and they asked me to have a replacement or store credit,

i insisted on a refund and they honoured my refund but had to fill in a form with my bank details

and wait 3 weeks for there head office to credit my account.

Not easy, but doable.

i had a smasung fridge thata went bolloxed after 2 months

same story

a bit of runing around and eventually re-paid by bank transfer about 3 weeks later

• Like 1