Everyone Entitled To Dress In Red: Democrats

Lite Beer

whatever... i think it was a failure to keep order but it certainly wasn't out of control violence.

Could you please explain why you consider controlled violence to be more acceptable than "out of control" violence? While you're at it, you might hazard why what you consider controlled violence continued to escalate until it became lethal, and why that didn't warrant a lethal response.

I didn't have time to read the thread, but I have to say I agree with Korn. Being red is nothing to be ashamed of.

In some circles, being red is not yet accepted. I've a friend who tried to explain his folks he supports Thaksin but in the process he felt so embarassed so he ended up telling them he was gay, Now he doesn't know how to explain his girlfriend why his family look at her in such a weird way

It seems that you didn't read the OP or the title either.

It's not about "being red", it's about "wearing red".

Invading, as in breaking through the army's riot police lines and getting into Thaicom. What do you call that?

You should read up on the 2010 protests. The red shirts also stormed parliament forcing politicians to climb over the back fence to escape.

Sent from my HTC phone.

you consider that out of control violence do you?

was it ok when pad did it and set up camp there yeah?

Another "but the PAD did it" ...

cheesy.gif

Sent from my HTC phone.

the PAD were peaceful protesters.

No weapons cache, never shot anyone, never killed anyone.

Get the historical revisionism straight or don't bother...

The historical revisionism is the absurd assertion that they were "equal" to the Red Shirts in their weaponry, shooting, and killing.

I didn't have time to read the thread, but I have to say I agree with Korn. Being red is nothing to be ashamed of.

In some circles, being red is not yet accepted. I've a friend who tried to explain his folks he supports Thaksin but in the process he felt so embarassed so he ended up telling them he was gay, Now he doesn't know how to explain his girlfriend why his family look at her in such a weird way

Probably trying to spot her cock. But I understand the lad's embarrassment - the closest parallel I could think of was a negro telling his parents he'd joined the Ku Klux klan.

Needless to say not one of them has even sniffed the inside of a jail since the verdict........................

And needless to say you put forward a different action by a different group, by way of downplaying/diverting/justifying the same/similar actions of the group you so tireless defend.

Where would the reds be without the yellows one wonders. They so often make up the entirety of their defences: "yes but the yellows..."

Pathetic.

I defend them because they are so obviously treated differently. For example you reproduce the fact that the yellow shirts have not been put in jail for any of their offences and ignore it completely, make no comment on it apart from moaning about the poster.

How about you tell me why they have not been jailed instead of blaming me for using the yellows as a counterpoint to what happens to the red shirts.. ABR - it's a football term that could be applied to this forum..................

Where would the reds be without the yellows one wonders. They so often make up the entirety of their defences: "yes but the yellows..."

Pathetic.

If there was no yellows, there would be no reason for the reds to be.

Quite simple smile.png

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 1

Needless to say not one of them has even sniffed the inside of a jail since the verdict........................

And needless to say you put forward a different action by a different group, by way of downplaying/diverting/justifying the same/similar actions of the group you so tireless defend.

Pathetic.

I defend them because they are so obviously treated differently. For example you reproduce the fact that the yellow shirts have not been put in jail for any of their offences and ignore it completely, make no comment on it apart from moaning about the poster.

How about you tell me why they have not been jailed instead of blaming me for using the yellows as a counterpoint to what happens to the red shirts.. ABR - it's a football term that could be applied to this forum..................

Are they not bailed pending appeal? Are red shirts not bailed pending appeal (albeit with government supplied bail)?

Pathetic.

Are they not bailed pending appeal? Are red shirts not bailed pending appeal (albeit with government supplied bail)?

Are you taking the p? I wasn't aware the 2 - 300 jailed Red Shirts were bailed immediately on sentencing. Let alone not being called before the judge for around 3 years at their convenience...............

• Like 2

Are you taking the p? I wasn't aware the 2 - 300 jailed Red Shirts were bailed immediately on sentencing. Let alone not being called before the judge for around 3 years at their convenience...............

Not even your phiphi.

That is the risk you take when you engage is mass and serious criminality - the court system is overwhelmed by numbers and it takes time to sort serious offenders from minor. You are comparing one invasion to multiple murders and arson attacks, try to grasp the difference in scale.

BTW you have offered no comparable time scale for the yellows to be charged and released on bail, so where is the proof of unequal treatment?

Pathetic.

One of the minor issues related to this forum is that to simply point out the different treatment meted out to the groups involved is taken incorrectly as condoning the actions of one of the sides rather than what it is, condemning the biased treatment.

I think that it would be interesting to see a comprehensive review of the treatment / legal actions taken during the street politics of the last 7 years ...

Have any of the red shirts that invaded Thaicom even been charged?

Pathetic.

One of the minor issues related to this forum is that to simply point out the different treatment meted out to the groups involved is taken incorrectly as condoning the actions of one of the sides rather than what it is, condemning the biased treatment.

I think that it would be interesting to see a comprehensive review of the treatment / legal actions taken during the street politics of the last 7 years ...

Maybe that is because he is claiming biased treatment without proof that it occurred, and without taking into consideration the scale of the violence, arrests and subsequent court appearances. Much more serious charges have been laid due to the murders and arson carried out by the red shirts, and applied to many times the number of offenders so delays in processing were inevitable. There is also the risk that some charged with minor offences would have further more serious charges applied, so bail was delayed for further investigation.

In western prisons, those on remand are kept in high security until their status can be determined for exactly this reason.

Lets not hyperventilate in who can post the most hyperbole in rehashing the past, that really isn't the topic here.

Everyone entitled to dress in red: Democrats

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP Korn Chatikavanij on Friday posted the picture of a red shirt inscribed with the words "Red Colour, Flag Colour" in his Facebook page.

Korn said it is a right of every Thai to don red which is a colour of the national flag.

The red shirts do not have an exclusive right to the colour because all Thais should be proud of the colour on their flag, he said.

If the red shirts are true advocates of justice, then they should not discriminate against the others who are seeking true justice and not the pseudo-advocacy designed to cite reconciliation as a guise to whitewash former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, he said.

• Like 2

Really I believe we could disregard the author.

If a member of the 'Red' fraternity was to make a similar point, the matter would be equally relevant.

I made the observation in another topic that yellow is a 'dangerous' (for want of a better word), colour in CM.

At the moment, colours are almost uniforms Lowering the emphasis on colour must surely be to the benefit of Thai society, especially its people

Everyone entitled to dress in red: Democrats

"

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP Korn Chatikavanij on Friday posted the picture of a red shirt inscribed with the words "Red Colour, Flag Colour" in his Facebook page.

Korn said it is a right of every Thai to don red which is a colour of the national flag.

The red shirts do not have an exclusive right to the colour because all Thais should be proud of the colour on their flag, he said.

If the red shirts are true advocates of justice, then they should not discriminate against the others who are seeking true justice and not the pseudo-advocacy designed to cite reconciliation as a guise to whitewash former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, 

he said.

"

As far as I can see there are 2 points to the article which is the subject of this topic:

1 - the colour red shouldn't be the sole preserve of the red shirts

2 - the red-shirts attitude to democracy.

I'm not sure where bombs, riots etc fit into the article so I'll limit my comments to the above.

1 - I find it hard to find fault with the sentiments expressed by Korn. Phiphidon may be right that he may stirred up a (dormant) hornets' nest, but the fact remains it is a valid & sensible statement IMHO

2 - there does appear to be a selective definition of Democracy in the ruling party. I haven't noticed any posts refuting the connection between the Reconciliation Bill and Thaksin's 'whitewash'.

My continual 'rant' will be - 

The ruling party is using their Democratic mandate, to make their proposed Charter changes.

How will this benefit Thailand?