True Internet Throttling Nntp Last 2 Days

negreanu

Seems to be a international bandwidth issue.

Itunes Movie downloads showing ready to watch in 2 hours+ and TV shows ready to watch in 1hour+ where as usually its instant/1minute.

Anyone else having that issue with itunes downloads?

There was a thread recently asking about FTP download speed issues. Perhaps the issues are related?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/574347-ftp-speeds-true-lower-sukhumvit-pegged/

I use a seedbox here in Thailand and am not seeing any FTP restrictions on True Online - I run at wirespeed - but this is intra-Thailand. My seedbox also seems to run pretty quick, although it is capped at 6 MBps (48 Mbps) DL, uncapped uploading where it often runs to 100 Mbps.

• 3 months later...

I have a True line 10 or 13Mb or something, I know it's a minimum of 10. Had it for over a year and for the 1st 9 months my ftp speed from my seedbox was always at 10+ download, almost never went below 8Mbps. Over the last 3 months it is almost always <1Mbs, very, very rarely it sometime hits just above 2Mbs. Can this be a configuration problem on my part? I don't tinker with things and I haven't touched a thing in set up.

anyone have any ideas?

I have a True line 10 or 13Mb or something, I know it's a minimum of 10. Had it for over a year and for the 1st 9 months my ftp speed from my seedbox was always at 10+ download, almost never went below 8Mbps. Over the last 3 months it is almost always <1Mbs, very, very rarely it sometime hits just above 2Mbs. Can this be a configuration problem on my part? I don't tinker with things and I haven't touched a thing in set up.

anyone have any ideas?

Get a Traceroute to your seedbox? Maybe routing changed.

I'm rocking 2.55 Mbyte/sec with my usenet, who gives a &lt;deleted&gt; to torrents? :)

@ OP - Maxing out my connection here (True BKK ADSL) from 2 different OVH servers in France via FTP. Would be strange if they were just throttling newsgroups. Seems unlikely.

@ watup - What client are you using? Are you multithreading etc.? Where's your seedbox? OVH or Leaseweb?

I‘m not sure whether it‘s related, but there are some big-shot politicians in the region. This means that every media organisation in the world has sent journalists and reporters. These people make heavy use of the internet, and I believe most of us humble users are on shared bandwidth. Hence, I believe that‘s the reason our experienced speed decreases.

I am no expert, please correct me if I‘m wrong.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

@ watup - What client are you using? Are you multithreading etc.? Where's your seedbox? OVH or Leaseweb?

My seedbox is in France (seedmonster) and I use cuteftp. Like I said I have great speed for 9 plus months and now it's just so slow. I ran an FTP test from a US server and got 700kb while my French server was getting 300kb at the time. So some of it may be my seed box but I still didn't get >1Mbps where I used to get 10+ all the time. So frustrating....

^ Must be OVH if it's in France. As I said above, no problems here with speeds from them.

I just had a look at Seedmonster, those plans are way overpriced (and 9 users on what looks to be a single Kimsufi 2G!). Seriously, you're getting shafted there. You should consider switching to Feral if you want shared or just go direct to Kimsufi if you want dedicated. Much better value and very reliable.

^ Must be OVH if it's in France. As I said above, no problems here with speeds from them.

I just had a look at Seedmonster, those plans are way overpriced (and 9 users on what looks to be a single Kimsufi 2G!). Seriously, you're getting shafted there. You should consider switching to Feral if you want shared or just go direct to Kimsufi if you want dedicated. Much better value and very reliable.

I am not Techy at all. Seedmonster was easy to set up and just works. I'll see if Feral can set me up with a temp acct to see what download speeds I can achieve and if it's faster it's an easy switch. FYI, I just downloaded from my company's Aspera server in the UK. 1.6gb file getting 10+Mbps no problem. I know it's completely different set up but good to see the speed again.

thanks for the input and help!

Update for this. I signed up for Feral. Super easy, almost instant set up. Cheaper and faster than seedmonster, thanks for the heads up.

Results: Seedmonster I would get about 800kbps and Feral I get basically double (1.5Mbps). The other day I was getting 11Mbps on Feral, I stopped the transfer and started a new one from Seedmonster and was getting 7Mbps. I haven't gotten this speeds since then. So what I can gather is that yes Feral is faster but I still average less than 2Mbps which is a huge change from the 1st 6 months of the year when I was getting 10+Mbps all the time for FTP download. It seems pretty clear to me that this is an isp issue. Whether it's throttling or not who knows and I'm probably not even going to waste my time to inquire with True as they'll just do a speedtest.net check and say everything is fine...It sucks but it's not a major drain on my quality of life I guess and something I feel is out of my control.