Anyone In Ubon Up For A Bit Of English Teaching Temporarily?

arminbkk

I doubt very much you will have any one applying at all. For 10,000 baht/month only a person who is retired and likes to drive that distance would be interested. People that may be interested would need at least 30,000-35,000 baht/month plus the arranging of the one year visa. There are some people in Ubon city that would do this kind of teaching at a school in their area but they are not going to drive 40 minutes out to Naa Yia. I do know someone that does this for only 2,500 baht/week, but the school sends in a van to pick him up and take him home. Can your Naa Yia school do this?

I doubt very much you will have any one applying at all. For 10,000 baht/month only a person who is retired and likes to drive that distance would be interested. People that may be interested would need at least 30,000-35,000 baht/month plus the arranging of the one year visa. There are some people in Ubon city that would do this kind of teaching at a school in their area but they are not going to drive 40 minutes out to Naa Yia. I do know someone that does this for only 2,500 baht/week, but the school sends in a van to pick him up and take him home. Can your Naa Yia school do this?

That's why I asked for anyone who has the time and inclination to do this.

It would be something for a retired person. Hopefully one will read it.

As for your last question: the school will not provide a van.

But I know that many teachers at that school themselves live in Ubon city or Warin and they commute everyday by own car

or travel with each other.

My wife travels with colleagues in their car or sometimes takes her own car.

I'm sure they would take a foreign teacher with them the 2 days a week he/she would have to teach.

If you know of anyone who has some spare time and doesn't mind traveling with Thai teachers, please ask them.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If someone was teaching my child I wouldn't want some random going for the job without teaching quals and experience as well as a criminal records check.

This is a dangerous post,

Too many non teachers teaching in Thai IMO.

I don't like that, very dangerous.

In reality anyone who takes this position on is more likely to do it for a couple of weeks or untill the 1st pay check and then quit which is really more damaging to the pupils than not having a teacher at all.

To find a reliable retired person is a very long shot but wish you all the vey best.

Why do posts about teaching posts seem to create such negativity on Thai Visa?

Local schools are not going to pay living wages for foreigners (whether occasional farang retirees volunteer their time or not). Get over it.

• Like 1