What Kind Of Food , Is Allowed To Import To Thailand By Airplane?

Sandman77

I have brought pretty much anything I have desired. I have had my luggage checked, and all the inspectors were looking for was to make sure I did not have more than the allowed amount of alcoholic beverages. They have pushed aside olives, olive oil, vinegar, Diet Dr. Pepper, tortillas, spices, a frozen turkey, salami, Heinz 57, and the like while looking for the alcohol.

Same here Ive come thru with fat wads of cash ( shhhhhhhh) Bath taps, Sink taps ( half price in Germany), 12 palm trees, fruit, Paint ( illegal to fly with but I figure kerosene will burn well if we go down anyway) Hammer drills, Screws, 10,packs of Muesli ( wife) 6 sat navs etc etc never a problem never been stopped.

Never any problem with breakfast-cereals, mustard & horseradish-sauce, Hellmann's mayo or Branston pickle, sweets or chocolate, cheese or Oxo-cubes, gravy-granules or dried-soups, HP-sauce or mixed-herbs, Christmas-cake or pud or mince-pies.

I don't believe there is a list of allowable items, if it's processed (dried, canned) then no issues whatever, if it's not alcohol or tobacco pretty much anything goes at least in quantities acceptable for personal consumption.

Plants, fruit, seeds etc are supposed to be declared and inspected by the quarantine chaps but many don't bother.

If our OP could say what he intends bringing and how much, maybe we could make an educated guess as to whether he could have issues.

How about English cheese?, going home myself in Sept. and thinking of bringing some double Gloucester or Red Leicester back, oh and maybe some fresh bakers yeast.

They allow any cheese except English cheese.

whistling.gif

That's a blow!

How about English cheese?, going home myself in Sept. and thinking of bringing some double Gloucester or Red Leicester back, oh and maybe some fresh bakers yeast.

They allow any cheese except English cheese.

whistling.gif

Yep, Scottish Cheddar not a problem!! wink.png Also Black Pudding was no problem.

Why bother with the cheese, you can buy it all here...mostly likely got to freeze it for journey and never the same when you thaw it out

Why bother with the cheese, you can buy it all here...mostly likely got to freeze it for journey and never the same when you thaw it out

You don't need to freeze it. It's cool enough in the baggage hold.

You don't need to freeze it. It's cool enough in the baggage hold.

OK...but what the extended periods of time when its not in the baggage hold, some of those flight containers sit for hours on an apron waiting to be loaded, and would imagine it would get quite toasty inside one of those aluminum containers

OK...but what the extended periods of time when its not in the baggage hold, some of those flight containers sit for hours on an apron waiting to be loaded, and would imagine it would get quite toasty inside one of those aluminum containers

The baggage would be undercover up until, at most, an hour before departure. Being in the suitcase would also insulate it to some extent - not keep it cold, but stop it from getting hot too quick.

Besides ... you're talking about coming from the UK. Does it get hot there?

You can buy it all here, at only 3-4 times the price, if the mark-up wasn't so frightful then one needn't try to carry it oneself ! Mc-Hoots ! rolleyes.gif