Dhl Lost Daughters Passport

I paid 5000THB to the UK embassy for a passport for my daughter, after more than 2 months I called them to track it down. They say DHL delivered it over a month ago, it shows in their tracking number as signed by some random name; no one working at the condo has that name, we don't know anyone with that name, and the condo delivery log book shows nothing from DHL for that date.

UK embassy says it's not their problem; it's DHL's problem....DHL is still following up. Am I correct in assuming I should receive a full refund for the passport costs from DHL?

You'd think they'd be more careful with passports, i mean there could be some Thai kid in the UK right now using my daughters name and passport?

Edited by dave111223

My passport was delivered to my condo when I got mine, I checked with DHL and found that someone had signed for it, the office staff checked but had never received it, upon further checking it was found that the staff selling the condos had signed for it, luckily enough they were in the office and gave me my passport.

I am sure that as DHL have a signature they do not have to pay, however, they should deliver to the person the letter is addressed to, or phone them up first to make sure someone is home to take the delivery.

Have you reported the loss/theft to the Thai police and the British embassy?

See Lost or stolen passports on this page.

I guess I'll have to do that too. Interested that the embassy didn't mention anything about that, they seemed more concerned with telling me to call DHL (I didn't even have a DHL tracking number until they gave it to me on the phone, yet now all of a sudden it's between me and DHL?)

I am sure that as DHL have a signature they do not have to pay,

So they can just walk up to some random person in a Condo lobby or parking lot, hand them package, get a signature and that's them covered?

Turns out DHL delivered it to some other condo building on another street (that's a quality courier for you).

Luckily they were able to go back to that building, who still had the package laying around, pick it up and bring it to the correct condo.

Turns out DHL delivered it to some other condo building on another street (that's a quality courier for you).

Luckily they were able to go back to that building, who still had the package laying around, pick it up and bring it to the correct condo.

Buy yourself a lottery ticket....thumbsup.gif