Reliable Reasonable Tailor

LawrenceChee

Songsmai shop on Chang Phuak road,

Ton aor shop on Bumrungrad road near San Pa Koi intersection,

Bai Fern, near Ruam Phaet hospital on Nantaram road,

other shops on Sanam Kila road soi 1, on Ratpakinai road (opposit Wat Chiang Mai) and on Ratdamnuen road (on the left side, 100 meters from Tha Pae gate).

Sorry, I've been busy for a few days!

Yes, I usually can be counted on to recommend Frank and Vanita at Fashion King, also in the Night Bazaar area.

They did a great job with a suit for Hubby and I know other very satisfied customers. Their English language skills are excellent and they are good, honest people who won't try to "oversell" you something that isn't appropriate. For example, they interviewed Hubby about how many times a year he planned to wear the suit, to what type of functions, where (climate, etc) and recommended fabric and style that is very comfortable for attending dressy events in this climate. It certainly wasn't their most expensive option.

Here is their website:

http://www.fashionkingchiangmai.com/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wondering how much it cost and what kind of material was used? Does he do a burning demonstration to prove that the cloth used is truly natural and not man made?

I was thinking about going to Neramits until I read other guy's review on this board about how he used synthetic material.

• 8 months later...

This sounds like good news I like doing business with Sikhs.

What is the suit material like? Can you grip it tightly in your hand and the creases fall out?

I have previously had shirts made at about 800-1000 baht but unimpressed by material quality.

Also was appalled to get a pale blue shirt they used pale blue buttons. I told him NEVER do that to an Englishman!

Also when I rolled the cuffs up I noticed unhemmed joins showing and had to get all that changed.

I have heard many shops use a centralized supply and suspect I used one of them, is that true?

Lastly, a Thai friend tells me he spends 2-3000 for a shirt. He is very particular about his clothes and doesn't let the laundry wash or iron his shirts (strangely a lawyer and not gay!). Maybe I'm just not paying enough?

Lastly...why is shirt cotton so damned expensive here? I asked for pure cotton at a Wararat shop and they falsely tried to sell me synthetic. Simpler than the burning test synthetic is very heavy.

Edited by cheeryble

Sorry, I've been busy for a few days!

Yes, I usually can be counted on to recommend Frank and Vanita at Fashion King, also in the Night Bazaar area.

They did a great job with a suit for Hubby and I know other very satisfied customers. Their English language skills are excellent and they are good, honest people who won't try to "oversell" you something that isn't appropriate. For example, they interviewed Hubby about how many times a year he planned to wear the suit, to what type of functions, where (climate, etc) and recommended fabric and style that is very comfortable for attending dressy events in this climate. It certainly wasn't their most expensive option.

Here is their website:

http://www.fashionkingchiangmai.com/

What's the going rate for a good quality suit with a couple of pairs of trousers from Frank please - anyone know?

This sounds like good news I like doing business with Sikhs. What is the suit material like? Can you grip it tightly in your hand and the creases fall out? I have previously had shirts made at about 800-1000 baht but unimpressed by material quality. Also was appalled to get a pale blue shirt they used pale blue buttons. I told him NEVER do that to an Englishman! Also when I rolled the cuffs up I noticed unhemmed joins showing and had to get all that changed. I have heard many shops use a centralized supply and suspect I used one of them, is that true? Lastly, a Thai friend tells me he spends 2-3000 for a shirt. He is very particular about his clothes and doesn't let the laundry wash or iron his shirts (strangely a lawyer and not gay!). Maybe I'm just not paying enough? Lastly...why is shirt cotton so damned expensive here? I asked for pure cotton at a Wararat shop and they falsely tried to sell me synthetic. Simpler than the burning test synthetic is very heavy.

Yeah I wouldn't bother with that. The best shirts I've bought in Thailand have been from Central. One brand in particular fits very well and looks great, D'fare or something like that. Very high-quality cotton, well-tailored, usually about 2K THB when on sale.