Retirment Visa

Greetings Ladys and Gentlement,

I am 64 and looking for some information on the Thai Retirement Visa

I believe that I have to have 800000 baht in a Thai Bank Account that has come from overseas and been there for 3 months before I apply,is this right.I have the money,I am in Thailand for 3 weeks after a 3 months stay.I know a new thats works in the bank so I couls open an account today,put 500 baht in it,return to Australia and put 800000 baht in the account is this the way

Also is I put the 800000 baht in the account do I have to leave it there or can I have it out and long as next year I have 800000 baht in the account when I have to renew

Last thing if I have the visa after 6 months can I return to Australia for a couple of weeks and come back to Thailand on the Retirement Visa or do I have to get something else to get back in

Thank you

For the first application only a 60 day seasoning is required so application can be made on a normal 90 day non immigrant O visa entry or conversion to that. For next year it will have to be in account for the three months prior to application.

As said you will require a re-entry permit for travel and return to Thailand and you can obtain at the same time as extension of stay (after getting) for 1,000 baht fee single or 3,800 baht multi entry.