Cancellation Of Workpermit

I am working for a company in Phuket for 3 years. They always take my passport to the immigration for notification & extention of my stay for another 90 days. So I don't have to do visa runs. This all goes without any problem.

1) However, I will stop working for this company in about 1 month, which means they will cancel my workpermit and I will have to leave the country and come back as a tourist:

Is this correct?

2) This will also mean I will have to do Visa runs every 30 days:

Is this correct?

3) Is there any other option for me? Like a Resident Visa, I have sufficient funds.

Is this possible?

4) My wife is on a Non immigrant O visa.

What does she have to do?

Thanks for an answer

Have a problem with your opening paragraph as they is no way immigration is extending your stay 90 days at a time for three years that I am aware of. Are you sure you do not have one year extensions of stay and they are reporting your address every 90 days?

1. If you are on extension of stay for work you will lose that and have a week or so to depart.

2. If you intend to remain in Thailand without a proper visa you will have to do 30 day runs.

3. There is no resident visa but if you have 3 million baht from overseas to invest you may be able to obtain an investment extension of stay from immigration. The other option would be a new job or setting up a business. If over 50 extension of stay for retirement would also be available if you meet the pension or bank deposit requirements.

4. Leave. Her visa is tied to yours.

Have a problem with your opening paragraph as they is no way immigration is extending your stay 90 days at a time for three years that I am aware of. Are you sure you do not have one year extensions of stay and they are reporting your address every 90 days?

Yes, you are right.

1. If you are on extension of stay for work you will lose that and have a week or so to depart.

OK

2. If you intend to remain in Thailand without a proper visa you will have to do 30 day runs.

OK

3. There is no resident visa but if you have 3 million baht from overseas to invest you may be able to obtain an investment extension of stay from immigration. The other option would be a new job or setting up a business. If over 50 extension of stay for retirement would also be available if you meet the pension or bank deposit requirements.

OK, if below 50 retirement permit does not apply?

4. Leave. Her visa is tied to yours.

OK Thanks