Right Or Wrong ? Things You See.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Bob, if you insist you weren't making a comparison, i will believe you.

I will.

Really.

I appreciate your bouncing tits...I do....really, they are incomparable

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif yeah I like the bouncing tits too...biggrin.png are they blue tits?whistling.gif

everybody gets a little blue sometimes ...

ok Bob, if you insist you weren't making a comparison, i will believe you.

I will.

Really.

I appreciate your bouncing tits...I do....really, they are incomparable

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif yeah I like the bouncing tits too...biggrin.png are they blue tits?whistling.gif

everybody gets a little blue sometimes ...

that's understandable, to avoid them getting blue I highly recommend releasing them once a week at least....i'm sure they'll appreciate it and you'll see a reduction in that blue hue biggrin.png

Back on topic;

1. The new road markings between Bophut lights , Bangrak & the airport are welcome, not least because it's now clear where right of way lies.

2. The recently created "Disabled" & "Family" parking bays @ Tesco Chaweng are a good idea but remain about as useful as a wingmirror on a submarine if nothing is done to educate the general public as to why they are necessary (they're always full of bikes, leaving those with a genuine need to park elsewhere).

Edited by evadgib

Well they certainly would not get any service at a government office! laugh.png

There are some people who should remain fully clothed .... rolleyes.gifw00t.gif .....

It is a holiday island yes, but I think this type of dressing should be confined to relevant areas.You are right Jimmy, see what service they get from government offices.

I have seen them walk in shirtless into banks, walking shirtless around Tesco & some ladies in attire 3 sizes too small & don't leave much to the imagination. Reminds me of these candid pics you get of shoppers at Walmart.

Shame the so called 'security' in the supermarkets don't expel these shirtless, sweaty freaks.

I don't think you are in the minority (of the long term expats) at all. I am of the same ideals as yourself in this matter. That said, IMO, this is a rather unique gathering of individuals focused on (in particular locations of Thailand specifically dedicated to the more carnel avenues) having a holiday that certain individuals feel they can freely express themselves against the confines that they normally exist within. In a lawless state (please read between the lines) the party thrives. Wherever you/we come from, there will be those that follow only their own dictates You and I will never change that. I suggest you find a way to shield yourself from the daily goings on of the masses that offend you or find someplace that doesn't present the problem. Just my opinion.

Many would rather have never seen a tourist here ever, no matter what the attire.

Most Thais on this Island are here because of tourism. Before the tourists started coming here, there was nobody here except a few coconut farmers and fishermen. All of them are now filthy rich since they owned the land where the resorts are now.

So I doubt there's many Thais at all in Samui who "would rather have never seen a tourist here ever". This island was built by tourism, and most of the Thais that live here are not locals, they came here chasing tourist dollars.

I don't disagree, land owners and some farmers have done well, and maybe not "many" as in majority would rather have not seen tourists but there definitely are some who enjoyed their life as it was before. I've spoken to some old folk Samuians who don't have a lot of money, still work and speak of those times as better for them, on their beautiful island with all it's bountiful resources.

allotwho who prefer samui the way it was has lost their fortunes on gambling. sad but true.

I certainly agree with DAP there,...

Although some times when driving down the "country roads" you see "dongles" hanging out, watering the grass....whistling.gifw00t.gif Not too uncommon, I guess some Thai men are not all that bashful ? (...... and not they are not ones used for computers) rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

well in Bangkok they would be arrested in 5 minutes. i think the same rules for bangkok as for everywhere in Thailand but police have diffferent ways of policing things around thailand.

maybe jogging without a top on i could accept. driving around all day on a motor bike maybe i could accept but sitting in a restuarant next to some topless man probably stinking covered in tatoos would make me want to turn his skin red.

as for women in bikinis even though i love a bit of eye candy. the fact that they cannot almost strip in public makes it more enjoyable in private

saying that if a woman was lying on the beach and popped over the road to the family mart suppose is fare enough but to walk around like that and go shopping this country is not an exhibtionist country i think like it or not it is still disprestpect full as we choose to come and live here or come on holiday here we should respect the place we are in.

just because it might be accepted inanother country this is not that country. such as if your like a smokie joe then go to amserdam. i don;t think that if a policeman caught u with some smokein your poicket that if you said" it is legal in amsterdamwell almost" that he would give a flying monkies.

in a buddest country it is frowned upon to show off too much body in the wrong places. Speacially temples

well in Bangkok they would be arrested in 5 minutes. i think the same rules for bangkok as for everywhere in Thailand but police have diffferent ways of policing things around thailand.

maybe jogging without a top on i could accept. driving around all day on a motor bike maybe i could accept but sitting in a restuarant next to some topless man probably stinking covered in tatoos would make me want to turn his skin red.

as for women in bikinis even though i love a bit of eye candy. the fact that they cannot almost strip in public makes it more enjoyable in private

saying that if a woman was lying on the beach and popped over the road to the family mart suppose is fare enough but to walk around like that and go shopping this country is not an exhibtionist country i think like it or not it is still disprestpect full as we choose to come and live here or come on holiday here we should respect the place we are in.

just because it might be accepted inanother country this is not that country. such as if your like a smokie joe then go to amserdam. i don;t think that if a policeman caught u with some smokein your poicket that if you said" it is legal in amsterdamwell almost" that he would give a flying monkies.

in a buddest country it is frowned upon to show off too much body in the wrong places. Speacially temples

So now I have to wear a balaclava (at 100 deg F) to cover my temples???sick.gif

• Like 1

They don't care what tourists wear as long as they have money.

All of them are now filthy rich since they owned the land where the resorts are now.

Two nice blanket statements, since how long do you actually live here and how many local Samui people do you know?

You're so far from the truth, you couldn't even possibly dream about it.

Edited by limbos
  • Like 2

Locals don't like it moderately. They are used to that since decades and don't care a lot. Fresh workers from the mainland are too much excited too judge morally right or wrong. For them everything Farangs do or even how they look like is a new extravagant experience. Bangkok Thais on holidays on Samui also are not shocked. They have seen worse in Pattaya. And monks in the temples see shirtless tourists rather seldom. If so, they explain.

No one gets angry or insulted.

So, overcome your personal moral barrier and let the tourists have their freedom to enjoy the heat after many months of cold and dark winter climate in Europe as they wish. They do no harm at all.

Edited by Birdman

If an exposed body is fit and attractive looking i doubt many people are that bothered. Ooh sorry carmine but you are going to have to see Cameran Diaz topless in a minute, <deleted>!! w00t.gif

Regardless, i'm more interested in the electric system being improved than some obese tourist parading around in speedos. I can just turn away but a lack of electric really p*sses me off.

Birdman, locals do not like, they keep their opinions to themselves however! Young Thai guys without shirts are definitely frowned upon.

Locals get used to that long time already. Many operate beach resorts with tourists in swimsuits at the reception, lobby, restaurants long before the Tesco era .....Young Thais are another matter and how many times I have seen locals in their local blue fishing trousers and these stripped sarongs without shirts, countless.

Birdman, locals do not like, they keep their opinions to themselves however! Young Thai guys without shirts are definitely frowned upon.

Locals get used to that long time already. Many operate beach resorts with tourists in swimsuits at the reception, lobby, restaurants long before the Tesco era .....Young Thais are another matter and how many times I have seen locals in their local blue fishing trousers and these stripped sarongs without shirts, countless.

Never seen a Thai woman walking down the main drag or bank or government office in a bikini top either. have you?

There's a big difference in doing it in an acceptable area like a resort compared to beach road in Chaweng/Lamai, let alone Tesco Lotus or anywhere away from beach road. The reactions from local people that I know are never in favor of the improperly dressed tourists.

Again, imho there's a difference to old local Thai guys who scutter around near their house compared to young Thais on motorbikes or wherever they mull around without shirts.

• Like 1

First, Samui is not Thailand. The mores here are different.

My feeling is that being a Disneyland-like tourist island, walking around in swimwear or in beach attire (or lack of it) is the norm except in indoor situations like in Tesco or Fuji Restaurant or other similar establishments. Even in Samuiland, there are limits that ought to be obvious. You would not go to the Bangkok Airways airport here with no shirt on as a man or in a bikini top as a woman.

But if you think that walking on the road is offensive without a shirt then you are puritanical and a killjoy.

• Like 1

Never seen a Thai woman walking down the main drag or bank or government office in a bikini top either. have you?

You will also rarely see a Thai woman in a bikini top on the beach or in the sea.

Of course there are some shirtless tourists also in banks and Tesco Lotuses, but that's a handful and again, why care? We are on an tropical island.... Have been at my catholic home country while it was hot like here. Gosh! people take it really, really easy...

...and, insertmembernamehere, I have known an Expat who went to the Airport shirtless in his bathing slip, barefoot. That's true.

Apart from that, I have seen many tourists coming in their bathing clothes and changing the cloths at the airport.

Edited by Birdman

First, Samui is not Thailand. The mores here are different.

My feeling is that being a Disneyland-like tourist island, walking around in swimwear or in beach attire (or lack of it) is the norm except in indoor situations like in Tesco or Fuji Restaurant or other similar establishments. Even in Samuiland, there are limits that ought to be obvious. You would not go to the Bangkok Airways airport here with no shirt on as a man or in a bikini top as a woman.

But if you think that walking on the road is offensive without a shirt then you are puritanical and a killjoy.

Insert, for me it's not offensive but it does show lack of taste and understanding of local culture.

+1

Some years ago there was a thread posting a tourist without shirt at immigrations.

He did not understand why he didn't get any service.

There is actually a sign on the doors of Immigration & DLT offices

You will also rarely see a Thai woman in a bikini top on the beach or in the sea.

Of course there are some shirtless tourists also in banks and Tesco Lotuses, but that's a handful and again, why care? We are on an tropical island.... Have been at my catholic home country while it was hot like here. Gosh! people take it really, really easy...

...and, insertmembernamehere, I have known an Expat who went to the Airport shirtless in his bathing slip, barefoot. That's true.

Apart from that, I have seen many tourists coming in their bathing clothes and changing the cloths at the airport.

If a Thai woman wants to wear just her bikini top, then thats fine by me.tongue.pngwink.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Some years ago there was a thread posting a tourist without shirt at immigrations.

He did not understand why he didn't get any service.

That is common, even notice on the doors usually say "must dress appropriately" Any government office.. Samui Immigration, MVB etc...

When I was in Penang, Thai Immigration, there was a guy with just a tank top, he was refused service ...even sent out side the gate ...sad.png ..... Jimmy to the rescue & lent him a jacket and all was fine! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Locals don't like it moderately. They are used to that since decades and don't care a lot. Fresh workers from the mainland are too much excited too judge morally right or wrong. For them everything Farangs do or even how they look like is a new extravagant experience. Bangkok Thais on holidays on Samui also are not shocked. They have seen worse in Pattaya. And monks in the temples see shirtless tourists rather seldom. If so, they explain.

No one gets angry or insulted.

So, overcome your personal moral barrier and let the tourists have their freedom to enjoy the heat after many months of cold and dark winter climate in Europe as they wish. They do no harm at all.

There is a time and a place. not saying they have to wear a wolly hat and gloves but i think people are not that stupid and know when they are dress in appropirate the thing is i think that they do not care. tourists piss meoff the most as they come, make a problem then leave us behinde to deal with there mess.

Us English are the worst for going abroad i would do anything to stop England to turning into Spain or some other tourist place where us Brits come destroy then piss off.

What makes Thailand different is that they are forced to respect the place. which makes people feel more happy and safe. People under dressing in the wrong place are not going to make people angry just add more tension.

• Like 1