Bars Closing Crazy World Of Thailand

flightest

>>The only really successful bar i know of here is the Aussie bar,He set up his new bar straight after the tsunami when there were no tourists and has been expanding it ever since with no bar ladies just paid staff

I think Nikitas is doing OK smile.png .

Pity about the food.

Ever since they cut rimlay out of the food, they went downhill.

Pity you cannot own land freehold in Thailand the bar/ restaurant next door is a golden opportunity for someone willing to invest, personally i would never invest in a business unless i could own the land it sits on

Nikita's has the perfect spot (on Rawai beach front). Right on the beach, so enjoys the sea breeze and view.

I suspect that Nikita's will buy up any available adjoining land - they'd be stupid not to. Why allow a neighbour to compete for their market?

Getting back to the topic - I too feel sorry for the tourists as I doubt it crossed their mind to check for days on which it was illegal for bars to sell alcohol. But, they can have their meal at the hotel and buy beers/wine there. They may not be happy about this, preferring to 'get out and about', but it will only be a couple of days from their holiday.

The Thai family at Rimlay own Nakitas, and the falang owner is married to the daughter (so I hear...correct me if Im wrong) and rents from Rimlay, There was a fallout because the food in Nakitas used to come from Rimlay, now there is a barricade between the two joints... It will be interesting to see what happens when the lease runs out and the inlaws move in...I like both Nakitas and Rimlay for different reasons...I can watch the footy in Nakitas, but the food is half the price in Rimlay and more Thai style...not the touristy green curry, and chicken and cashew nuts that everyone thinks is awesome thai cuisine

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sex tourists book the cheapest accommodation the can and spend all of there available money in bars

I do not dislike sex tourists but i know what they are

Normal tourists who are the majority book into tourist hotels and do not spend all there money in bars

but on tours entertainment etc and spend a lot more money

As far as i am concerned farangs who own girlie bars are just pimps and if they did the same thing in Australia such as charging bar fines, would be charged and convicted of being a pimp

The people i know who have bought a bar here regret it, the books have been cooked to make the bars look profitable when they are not

usually by farangs who want to sell up and return to there home country

The only really successful bar i know of here is the Aussie bar,He set up his new bar straight after the tsunami when there were no tourists and has been expanding it ever since with no bar ladies just paid staff

The Aussie bar pimps out girls too

Sex tourists book the cheapest accommodation the can and spend all of there available money in bars

Normal tourists who are the majority book into tourist hotels and do not spend all there money in bars

As far as i am concerned farangs who own girlie bars are just pimps and if they did the same thing in Australia such as charging bar fines, would be charged and convicted of being a pimp

The people i know who have bought a bar here regret it, the books have been cooked to make the bars look profitable when they are not

The only really successful bar i know of here is the Aussie bar,He set up his new bar straight after the tsunami when there were no tourists and has been expanding it ever since with no bar ladies just paid staff

Things must have changed have not been to the Aussie bar or Patong in the evening for Years

Last time we went there was 2 years ago to watch the new years eve fireworks

Normally only go to Patong in the day time for shopping and banking

Things must have changed have not been to the Aussie bar or Patong in the evening for Years

They always have had them...they are call them waitresses there. Ask anyone of them to accompany you and they will, of course for a price....they are just a little more discreet than others

They always have had them...they are call them waitresses there. Ask anyone of them to accompany you and they will, of course for a price....they are just a little more discreet than others

After working hours or in working hours, in there own time its up to them what they want to do

and is none of a bar owners business

After working hours or in working hours, in there own time its up to them what they want to do

Doesn't that apply to all bars? The bar-fine is to compensate the owner for the lost work-time as the girls stop work early and go on to their own time.

Well......that's the theory, anyway.

you can not live without beer a few days a month?

You're missing the point.

This is a tourist destination. Sometimes they are only here for a few days, so, maybe half their holiday, the bar areas close down and the restaurants don't serve alcohol.

They scratch their heads and wonder what the elections have to do with them.

Wasn't it just a few months ago when four out of five weekends, there was no bars open.

Could just show a passport to get a drink , to prove you are not a Thai resident.

Doesn't that apply to all bars? The bar-fine is to compensate the owner for the lost work-time as the girls stop work early and go on to their own time.

Well......that's the theory, anyway.

Not really when i first arrived here i got to know 2 ladies who had a beauty salon that catered to bar ladies

The ones i met had there had there accommodation payed for by the bar thats shared accommodation

Were fined if they did not turn up for work unless they could prove they were sick

And made there money from customers buying them ladies drinks etc etc

They were not paid but had to pay a fine if they left the bar before closing time

After closing time what they did was there own business most of the time

Bars with genuine working staff do not allow them to leave in working hours, what they do in there own time is there own business

>>The only really successful bar i know of here is the Aussie bar,He set up his new bar straight after the tsunami when there were no tourists and has been expanding it ever since with no bar ladies just paid staff

Pity about the food.

Ever since they cut rimlay out of the food, they went downhill.

Ummmm wrong you can take the ladies from Aussie bar.....

Well KB very few genuine tourist are interested in places like Bangla Road except to take a look

The majority are not sex tourists

They can always get a drink in there tourist hotels,Believe it or not

Bangla road is a tiny percentage of the places that serve alcohol.

Why should a person that can't vote have to abstain from alcohol?

The law is anachronistic and should be changed, or, an exception made for tourist areas.

Just common sense really.

Yes, agree with that.

Also why would a sex tourist not be a genuine tourist?

Do you believe sex tourists are here to see and enjoy all Thailand has to offer tourists

I do not they are here for one reason and one reason only

Well, maybe 2 if you count drinking whistling.gif

Same at the Freebird. I'm sure there are quite a few bars that are ticking over nicely.

dont think u can put freebird and nikitas in the same categ....unless you are plugging freebird because you are attempting to entertain down there thumbsup.gif

All I'm saying is the Freebird is doing OK as far as I can see and there are probably a few other bars doing OK too. Don't understand your remark about attempting to entertain??

Do you believe sex tourists are here to see and enjoy all Thailand has to offer tourists

There are loads of male tourists that do the exact same thing that most other tourists do, but they like to hit the bars at night as well. It is called being a heterosexual male.

/sexy-guy-flirting-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

There are loads of male tourists that do the exact same thing that most other tourists do, but they like to hit the bars at night as well. It is called being a heterosexual male.

/sexy-guy-flirting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Codswallop, there are loads of male tourists who come here for one reason and one reason only and its not to see and enjoy Thailand and its culture

They cannot get a woman decent or not in there home country

The King's Birthday, December 5th (father's day) and the Queen's Birthday, August 12th (mother's day) have always been national holidays (since before I was alive) and no alcohol is served or sold since I've been here...

I am not quite sure about this, wasn't the law changed a few years ago to allow alcohol to be purchased on "Royal Birthdays"?

Yes, alcohol sales are allowed on Royal Birthdays, but the bars are requested to not sell alcohol.

Bars in Pattaya and Bangkok were open as normal on 12 August this year, and have been in previous years as well.

That's not what I'm disagreeing with.

I disagree that sex tourists can't get women in their own counties. That accusation could be leveled at anyone with a Thai partner.

I disagree that that is all they are here for. Believe it or not, they also come for the beaches, food etc. etc.

They have a normal holiday, but, at night they are certain to score. Nothing wrong in that.

That's not what I'm disagreeing with.

I disagree that sex tourists can't get women in their own counties. That accusation could be leveled at anyone with a Thai partner.

I disagree that that is all they are here for. Believe it or not, they also come for the beaches, food etc. etc.

They have a normal holiday, but, at night they are certain to score. Nothing wrong in that.

We agree to disagree a lot who i have seen hanging around girlie bars not all of coarse

could not get a woman in there home country, you should know this as you have been going to girlie bars for 35 years as you have posted before you handsome man

^

What rubbish.

I would think 5% to 10% of male tourists at least who come here are sex tourists and to me that is a lot do you disagree??

I would disagree.

I think 80-90% of single male tourists coming to Thailand are sex tourists.

(5-10% would be negligible)

PS

Nothing to do with not being able to get a woman in their own country.

All to do with 'no strings and responsibility attached' sex with no effort and multiple partners.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

^

What rubbish.

I would think 5% to 10% of male tourists at least who come here are sex tourists and to me that is a lot do you disagree??

I would disagree.

PS

All to do with 'no strings and responsibility attached' sex with no effort and multiple partners.

And which percentage of male tourists do you think is a single male tourist? Important information before you can disagree.

^

What rubbish.

I would disagree.

PS

And which percentage of male tourists do you think is a single male tourist? Important information before you can disagree.

Next time you are on a plane to Phuket, just have a look at the ratio of men to women onboard.

There are the obvious families, with their kids - but, there are considerably more men onboard, compared to women.

Women also like the sea, sun and sand - so, why more men than women????

It's the sex trade here - simple as that.

If you go to a disco in Patong, how many foreign women do you see there, drinking and dancing, very few. The place is packed with foreign men and Thai hookers.

The sex tourist are a big part of the tourism numbers, and tourism dollars, for Phuket.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

The sex tourist are a big part of the tourism numbers, and tourism dollars, for Phuket.

For every Tourist area in Thailand.

I suspect 80% of all males coming to Thailand are unaccompanied by a partner.

Based on what? Your experience?