New Wreck Off Koh Chang?

bazmlb

Supposed to be sank on the 16th of this month, but don't know if they will manage to do that. sounds like there is still a lot more to do from speaking to a few of the local divers.

• 1 month later...

The sinking of the HTMS CHANG 712, scheduled for the 27th of September, has been postponed due to bad weather conditions. A new sinking date still has to be confirmed. Looking at a possible sinking in November.

Edited by WimJ

• 2 weeks later...
The sinking of the HTMS CHANG 712, scheduled for the 27th of September, has been postponed due to bad weather conditions. A new sinking date still has to be confirmed. Looking at a possible sinking in November.
I thought ships rather tend to sink in bad weather...

sent from my Android phone

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting link, considering the wreck was meant to be off limits at that point? Ah, was this the same lot that I saw diving around 10 minutes after the ship went down, or where you a bit later? I heard they also penetrated the wreck, which seems to be somewhat risky at that point.

Interesting link, considering the wreck was meant to be off limits at that point? Ah, was this the same lot that I saw diving around 10 minutes after the ship went down, or where you a bit later? I heard they also penetrated the wreck, which seems to be somewhat risky at that point.

We received a phone call from the Navy that we could dive the wreck 30 mins after it was sunk. Penetration was strictly out of the question and as far I could see, nobody did. No idea what happened after we came up, but that same day, the nice big flag you see in the video, got taken away :(

The Navy actually asked us to inform them about how the ship was positioned on the bottom, but by the time we came back up (49mins later), everybody was gone, except some fishing boats which were lowering their nets!

• 3 weeks later...