True Visions Hd Platinum For 800 Baht Per Month.

DEREK-C

I don't know anybody who is not doing it (except Postman Pat). Actual cost is 700 baht per month, which is how your mate is making 400 from the 4 boxes. I don't know if it could be called totally legal as it involves telling a few porkies, but it is not illegal either.

• Like 1

Sky back in the UK stopped such a scam by insisting that a telephone line should be connected to their STB at all times so that they could monitor where the box was located.

With Truevision you would be using one of their boxes obtained under false pretences a bit like buying copy football shirts,copy Windows 7,copy DVDs,copy XBox 360 games,etc,etc.

Up to you.

I don't know anybody who is not doing it (except Postman Pat). Actual cost is 700 baht per month, which is how your mate is making 400 from the 4 boxes. I don't know if it could be called totally legal as it involves telling a few porkies, but it is not illegal either.

Actually, its only you cheapskate pirate thieves who get on these pages, pretending you can get everything for nothing, when in reality you cant. Most of my friends are honest like me, we pay the correct rate for the legitimate service.

People like you are cheap scum who have been caught with your trousers down. Good luck to True, long may you now block your service to this rubbish living in Thailand.

Pay, you cheap bums.....otherwise you will continue to miss out on major events like the Olympics.....your bad luck, Olympics in HD on at least 4 channels, Olympics in non HD on another 10 channels!! You might try to put a brave face on, but the realty is your jealous as hell!!

Buy one less beer a day, and there it is, paid for....you know I m right and you are all wrong!! Hahaha!!!

Actually, its only you cheapskate pirate thieves who get on these pages, pretending you can get everything for nothing, when in reality you cant. Most of my friends are honest like me, we pay the correct rate for the legitimate service.

People like you are cheap scum who have been caught with your trousers down. Good luck to True, long may you now block your service to this rubbish living in Thailand.

Pay, you cheap bums.....otherwise you will continue to miss out on major events like the Olympics.....your bad luck, Olympics in HD on at least 4 channels, Olympics in non HD on another 10 channels!! You might try to put a brave face on, but the realty is your jealous as hell!!

Buy one less beer a day, and there it is, paid for....you know I m right and you are all wrong!! Hahaha!!!

PostmanPat, you certainly are passionate about television, aren't you? OK, you've said you aren't a policeman. Are you an undercover TV license inspector?

The way I understand the OP and the following posts, especially the one just above yours, is that the only one that is caught with the trousers down in this case is you, as you are the only one who is paying the full price for exactly the same service the others get.

So after all they get the same service as you get, olympics in full hd on at least 4 channelsand non hd on another 10 channels, get pissed every day and are still saving money on what you pay.

Can't blame them,can you?

Only 4 HD olympic channels ??? BBC is streaming 24 HD channels.. Which work fine in my setup, with full PVR / timeshift capability and catchup. Remind me why I want less for more again ?? I put my True into 'holiday mode' when the made the changeover, to see how living without any TV signal would work, so far not missing it at all tho I do have full HTPC and Boxee setups and HD streaming workable internet.

For new subscribers you can get 4 boxes with Platinum and HD for life for 2,812 less VAT, 3,010 all in, shared 4 ways, 755 baht all in. I am paying 800 baht in a three-household share, one has two boxes. Perfectly legal, True employees performed the install.

http://www.pro3g.com...um-Package.html

Of course it's against their terms for 4 households to sign up under one account and share 1 bill between 4 houses. The idea of getting a discount for multiple boxes on 1 account is that they are in different rooms in the same household. Of course you can do it. Can do a lot of things here in LOS but lets not go off telling everything it's legal and correct. Call a spade a spade.

Personally I would distinguish between what is "illegal" and what is "against TRUE's terms and conditions". For anyone that considers the latter to be something to lose sleep over then day to day life in Thailand must be challenging.

TRUE isn't the government and they don't make any laws.

Edited by Dork
  • Like 1

Postman

I dont know about one less beer a day. but i presume the likes of you and your friends who love True Visions so much would only

subscribe to the full monty package (everything )on True Visions.

Breakdown on the top package

Basic platinum package 2,000 Baht ,then rental receiver/dish then BBC extra package, the extra Discovery,HBO, Disney extra packages will bring

the price up to about 2,600 Baht, then when the sugar free period ends on the HD channels that will bring it up to just on 3,000Baht , Now wait for it

If you want the NHK channel they want an EXTRA 972 Baht per month yes thats right according to their web site

This NHK channel is FTA in English and Japanese on many satellites in Asia ( i would like to know if its legal to charge 972 Baht when its freely available FTA on many sats in Asia)

So that will bring it up to just on 4 ,000 Baht per month (never mind one less beer a day,paying that would drive anyone to drink).

I do hope the postman is enjoying the Olympic games but dont worry if you have missed any you will have plenty of time to watch the repeats,repeats,

repeats over the next 4 years

Postman

You are very brave referring to people as cheap scum, bums etc while hiding behind a computer screen,it seems to me that you must of mixed with

the scumbags in PERSON or maybe you are one and wont admit it ,

Now youre just being silly....nobody in their right mind (and I am before I get accused otherwise) is going to buy everything True offers. The NHK service is mainly for Chinese, not Westerners, and the BBC etc is an option I choose not to take too. Right now you can get full gold package, and the extra HD channels for almost exactly 2000 baht per month.

With the 17 HD channels now available, including at least 3 sports channels in HD, thats perfectly good value to my way of looking at it.

If you all want to keep on messing about with pirates, proxies, Vietnamese feeds, illegal connection of unlicensed boxes, well, good luck to you, but you knowe what? I like to turn on my TV and know pretty much for certain that it will be working and showing the live sports, well, live!!

Premiership Football, Grand Prix, Golf Majors, Tennis Grand Slams, Rugby Internationals, World Boxing Championship fights etc etc, who in their right mind could argue that its not decent value. The same package in UK costs 75 pounds!!!

And by the way, dont run this line that its Thailand it should be cheaper routine. If you buy a car here, or wine, or other higher end stuff, is it cheaper than "back home"...you know the answer, no, it isnt, so why should satellite services be cheaper here than in the home country??

If you all want to keep on messing about with pirates, proxies, Vietnamese feeds, illegal connection of unlicensed boxes, well, good luck to you, but you knowe what? I like to turn on my TV and know pretty much for certain that it will be working and showing the live sports, well, live!!

And for those of us who are not luddites.. So do we.. But with more channels, more content, more feeds, etc. You boast of your 4 HD channels of Olympics while the BBC offers 24..

I have true platinum and have opted to turn it off (vacation pause) and its become obvious that I really had no need if it, I was just keeping it 'just in case'.

My net supports iplayer HD, 4oD, SkyPlayer (UK family account).. I have live news feeds, sports, documentary, netflix, hulu, etc etc.. Thats without the series / movies and media that torrents offer.

Trues changeover was the final push I needed to realize they offered me nothing I didnt already have. Even the things I thought I wouldnt have, the live stuff, is actually all there.

• Like 2

And for those of us who are not luddites.. So do we.. But with more channels, more content, more feeds, etc. You boast of your 4 HD channels of Olympics while the BBC offers 24..

I have true platinum and have opted to turn it off (vacation pause) and its become obvious that I really had no need if it, I was just keeping it 'just in case'.

My net supports iplayer HD, 4oD, SkyPlayer (UK family account).. I have live news feeds, sports, documentary, netflix, hulu, etc etc.. Thats without the series / movies and media that torrents offer.

Trues changeover was the final push I needed to realize they offered me nothing I didnt already have. Even the things I thought I wouldnt have, the live stuff, is actually all there.

Yes, but again, if youre watching the BBC I player or similar you are doing so illegally via a proxy server which is illegal, because it remains a FACT that BBC service, Iplayer services are not legally available abroad.

I rest my case. You are justifying illegal activities.

Guilty as charged!

Yes, but again, if youre watching the BBC I player or similar you are doing so illegally via a proxy server which is illegal, because it remains a FACT that BBC service, Iplayer services are not legally available abroad.

Guilty as charged!

and do you now feel that much more superior? You're a tool mate.

• Like 2

Guilty as charged!

Look Postman. the more you keep trying to prove your point the more stupid you're making yourself look.

Think about it. Illegal? Where? Under who's jurisdiction?

We're in Thailand mate, not Britain, so we're not subject to their laws.

Get it?

For new subscribers you can get 4 boxes with Platinum and HD for life for 2,812 less VAT, 3,010 all in, shared 4 ways, 755 baht all in. I am paying 800 baht in a three-household share, one has two boxes. Perfectly legal, True employees performed the install.

http://www.pro3g.com...um-Package.html

Of course it's against their terms for 4 households to sign up under one account and share 1 bill between 4 houses. The idea of getting a discount for multiple boxes on 1 account is that they are in different rooms in the same household. Of course you can do it. Can do a lot of things here in LOS but lets not go off telling everything it's legal and correct. Call a spade a spade.

Yes, forgive me, "legal" was the wrong word to use, and a bit lazy. I am under the impression that, in my particular case, we are meeting the terms and conditions of the TrueVisions service as one family owns all three houses, which are more or less co-joined, although they do have different physical addresses. The TrueVisions personnel installed the cable and boxes a few weeks ago, in three separate but adjacent houses. Now admittedly it is a Thai family that is sharing this service, but I am under the impression that is it acceptable to TrueVisions. Have I reviewed the contract(s)? No, I have not. For 800 baht all in, Platinum + HD for life, I consider it a decent value as I have an HD set. However I have been watching the Olympics via YouTube, streamed to my TV - thank goodness for a wireless mouse - as you can view any/all events. Not sure who is picking the TrueVisions Olympics feeds but they should probably be sacked. They are always showing repeats when there are live events to show, show far too many "feel good, slo-mo videos", and duplicate coverage on two channels simultaneously. Perhaps this is more of an OBS/NBC issue? Net, net: the YouTube Olympic channels is totally impressive.

Edited by lomatopo

What do you mean by "For 800 baht all in, Platinum + HD for life" ? A one time payment of 800thb gets you plat + HD for ever? A monthly fee of 800thb gets you this? Sounds like the offer is for 2800thb a month not 800thb. If you go and pay 800thb to TRUE will they honor this?

What do you mean by "For 800 baht all in, Platinum + HD for life" ? A one time payment of 800thb gets you plat + HD for ever? A monthly fee of 800thb gets you this? Sounds like the offer is for 2800thb a month not 800thb. If you go and pay 800thb to TRUE will they honor this?

Sorry for not being more clear, but I assumed the thread title, "True Visions Hd Platinum For 800 Baht Per Month", was more than definitive? I believe the total official monthly bill from TrueVisions is 2,811.60 before VAT (7%). This is for four (4) boxes with Platinum service and HD for life. All in, it is closer to 3,000 baht per month. I offered to kick in 800 baht each month. I believe that the Thai family may get some extra benefits/credits as they have four (4) True ADSL lines, one (1) Cable DOCSIS line and maybe a handful of TrueMove H mobile accounts.

I think TrueVisions plans to charge 490 baht per month for HD, once any complementary services expire?

Edited by lomatopo

Lomatopo means the cost of a package with 4 boxes divided up costs approx THB800/month per box.

Sorry, crossed post.

Edited by Dork

Sorry for not being more clear, but I assumed the thread title, "True Visions Hd Platinum For 800 Baht Per Month", was more than definitive? I believe the total official monthly bill from TrueVisions is 2,811.60 before VAT (7%). This is for four (4) boxes with Platinum service and HD for life. All in, it is closer to 3,000 baht per month. I offered to kick in 800 baht each month. I believe that the Thai family may get some extra benefits/credits as they have four (4) True ADSL lines, one (1) Cable DOCSIS line and maybe a handful of TrueMove H mobile accounts.

I think TrueVisions plans to charge 490 baht per month for HD, once any complementary services expire?

Why do you keep saying for life? Who's life are you talking about? Your life? The life of the thai family paying the bill? The life of the promotion? The life of TRUE? The life of WOW fitness? Who's life and why do you keep saying that? Have you had a bit too much of the cool-aide?

I got this offer also from a off duty Truevision repairman who was setting up my box, stero system and connection to another TV. He told me 200 baht a month. It has something to do with connection it to your wireless internet. You need another box. I asked how can you do that and the one word he said was corruption. I said no thanks.

Why do you keep saying for life? Who's life are you talking about? Your life? The life of the thai family paying the bill? The life of the promotion? The life of TRUE? The life of WOW fitness? Who's life and why do you keep saying that? Have you had a bit too much of the cool-aide?

Sorry again, maybe a bad choice of words - that is how I translated the Thai description. As I understand it, HD is included for free for the lifetime of the contract. I assume this means that until the service is cancelled by the subscriber, or TrueVisions changes the terms of the contract, which they can probably do at any time. Perhaps this wording is used to differentiate this promotion from some of the ones that include HD for free for a few months?

BTW, it is called Kool-Aid, wink.png although I suspect your misuse of the term can also forgive any misspelling. smile.png

Edited by lomatopo

Sorry again, maybe a bad choice of words - that is how I translated the Thai description. As I understand it, HD is included for free for the lifetime of the contract. I assume this means that until the service is cancelled by the subscriber, or TrueVisions changes the terms of the contract, which they can probably do at any time. Perhaps this wording is used to differentiate this promotion from some of the ones that include HD for free for a few months?

BTW, it is called Kool-Aid, wink.png although I suspect your misuse of the term can also forgive any misspelling. smile.png

Thank you for clarifying your statements and correcting my spelling. It should also be stated that the promotion you speak of ended in July.

And I really did use it the way I meant it which is ""Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a metaphor commonly used in the United States and Canada that refers to a person or group's unquestioning belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination."

As you kept saying HD for life I thought perhaps you really believed that.

Edited by Jayman

Thank you for clarifying your statements and correcting my spelling. It should also be stated that the promotion you speak of ended in July.

No problem, happy to help.

As I understand it the promotion has been extended until 31 October 2012.

No problem, happy to help.

As I understand it the promotion has been extended until 31 October 2012.

Do you have that in writing from any official True source of should I just tell them the Thai family that you pay 800thb to told you that?