True Visions Hd Platinum For 800 Baht Per Month.

DEREK-C

If you all want to keep on messing about with pirates, proxies, Vietnamese feeds, illegal connection of unlicensed boxes, well, good luck to you, but you knowe what? I like to turn on my TV and know pretty much for certain that it will be working and showing the live sports, well, live!!

And for those of us who are not luddites.. So do we.. But with more channels, more content, more feeds, etc. You boast of your 4 HD channels of Olympics while the BBC offers 24..

I have true platinum and have opted to turn it off (vacation pause) and its become obvious that I really had no need if it, I was just keeping it 'just in case'.

My net supports iplayer HD, 4oD, SkyPlayer (UK family account).. I have live news feeds, sports, documentary, netflix, hulu, etc etc.. Thats without the series / movies and media that torrents offer.

Trues changeover was the final push I needed to realize they offered me nothing I didnt already have. Even the things I thought I wouldnt have, the live stuff, is actually all there.

Yes, but again, if youre watching the BBC I player or similar you are doing so illegally via a proxy server which is illegal, because it remains a FACT that BBC service, Iplayer services are not legally available abroad.

I rest my case. You are justifying illegal activities.

Guilty as charged!

Illegal ?!? What law is that again ??

I actually pay a UK TV license.. And iPlayer is only one small part of the setup.

Sky back in the UK stopped such a scam by insisting that a telephone line should be connected to their STB at all times so that they could monitor where the box was located.

With Truevision you would be using one of their boxes obtained under false pretences a bit like buying copy football shirts,copy Windows 7,copy DVDs,copy XBox 360 games,etc,etc.

Up to you.

... and does that scare you ? .................................

Is this illegal? True know all about it and have accepted it for years. The installment has been carried out by subcontactors.

Come on. They are pulling in millions now that they have changed the encryption. Thousands have joined this scheme and that is why True have extended the promotion period.

However, they have changed the installation process now to try and cut down on this by charging 1000 baht for installment of each point.

If you use cable internet then there is no way True can stop this.

(soory battery on laptop going.... no time to finish).

Edited by petedk

A friend of mine got in touch about this.

He says he is thinking about getting a box in his dog kennel and tool shed and maybe one for the hamster...?

But you know what, when I miss True I miss not being able to turn on AC360 the minute I wake up and slowly turning myself into a vegetable. I've realsied I'm better off without it.

i'm happy with sources which I actually choose, wonderful podcasts like Horizon, and late every night for just one hour watch a great series like Justified or Deadwood or Forbrydelsen.

But best of all is podcast radio, especially the BBC, the "pictures are so much better" and you can cook an omelette at the same time.

Cheeryble

Edited by cheeryble