Changing Retirement Visa To Non-Immigrant 0

I worked for a Thai firm for a number of years and after I finished my contract I decided to remain in Thailand and retire. I got the reteiremnt visa--no problem--but the company I used to work for has contacted me and they would like me to work for them again. Does anyone see any difficulties in changing my retiremnet visa into the kind that will allow me to work (I cannot remember, is that a non-immigrant-o visa that allows you to work?). Might I have to leave the country for the new visa? The company is getting all of the documentation for the visa and work permit ready.

Thanks.

Normally, unless married to a Thai or volunteer position, you would need a non immigrant B visa. As you must have this for work permit and a work permit is required for extension of stay suspect you will have to make a trip to obtain the visa after making application for the work permit issue (using normal company paperwork).

Normally, unless married to a Thai or volunteer position, you would need a non immigrant B visa. As you must have this for work permit and a work permit is required for extension of stay suspect you will have to make a trip to obtain the visa after making application for the work permit issue (using normal company paperwork).

Thanks for your reply. I am leagally married to a Thai so what might I need to take to immigration to change my retirement visa to Non-immirant-B? Would a copy of our marriage certificate be enough. A copy of her ID card? Would my wife have to accompany me? House registration (in her name of course) Joint bank account?

Thanks very much.

You can not obtain a non immigrant B visa for marriage. That is specifically issued for work. Marriage would be the same non immigrant O visa as retirement you would just extend your stay for Thai spouse reasons rather than retirement.

What exactly is your current status? 90 day entry on a visa or a one year extension of stay for retirement issued by immigration and when does it expire if on one year stay? Can you meet marriage extension of stay requirements of 400k in bank two months or 40k per month income?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This applies to me too. I am currently on 1 year extension of Retirement visa and started working again. The school I work for say I must leave the country to make a new visa. I am married to a Thai and wondered if I can avoid leaving the country. It sounds like you are saying I can get a work permit if I can change my Retirement visa (non O extension based on retirement) to Marriage visa( non O based on marriage) at my Phuket Immigration office. Does that sound right? Thanks for any help.