Sourcing Alternative Medicines

richardjm65

I live in Buriram province and am trying to source two Chinese medicines, so far without luck. The first is "Gold Coin Grass", which I need as a tincture. I believe it's normally sold in 250ml bottles. The second is "Chinese Bitters".

If you know of a source, I'd appreciate getting an address, contact number or email address.

Hopefully, thanks.

See if you can somehow find out the name in Thai or in Chinese.

Most provincial towns of any size have at least one chinese pharmacy selling Chinese herbal medicines, the problem is that these are not labelled in English.

Thanks, Sheryl.

Gold Coin Grass, as an alcohol-based tincture is also known as "Jin Qian Cao"

Chinese Bitters appears to be a mixture of two herbs which are:

1) Gentian Root aka Long Dan Cao

2) Bupleurum Root aka Chai Hu, but I don't know what they're called in combination, nor the proportions in which they're mixed. I'd prefer the combination in tablet or capsule form in preference to the alcohol-based tincture.

The Gold Coin Grass Tincture would appear to be the preferred medication, prior to doing the flush.

Having managed to save my gallbladder by using an olive oil/lemon juice flush 7 months ago, I'd like to repeat the flush but less aggressively, and I understand that GCG (in particular) has the effect of crushing gallstones which allows for a lower volume of oil and juice and is said to aid the elimination of residual stones.