Samsung Galaxy S3 - Ring Tones/Volume

Hi all, purchased a S3 a few weeks ago on a plan from DTAC and so far I am happy with a few exceptions:

The volume of the ring tone is not particularly loud and I have missed a few calls because I could not hear it ringing.

Question - Is there any way to boost the volume? Are there other ring tones available for download? If so, Where?

Battery life is nowhere near as good as my Sony Xperia mini with typical day seeing the battery low alarm activating around 10 PM.

Question - Is there any way of boosting the battery life or can I get spare battery?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

There are many many ring tones in the app store

Your battery life seems about normal to me, there are high power batteries on eBay, and for the earlier galaxy s1 and S2 you can buy a case with an extra battery built in, which is not much bigger than the phone. I am not sure i they are available for the S3 yet though.

Edit Link added

This link shows the type of battery cases available for earlier models

Edited by thaimite
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can also download battery defender or juice defender. Maybe Google battery saving tips for your model. Although 10pm is not bad for such a large screen device on standard settings and battery. After a few uses and charges battery life does seem to get better (placebo?) as if the phones learn behavior! Spooky...

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

I downloaded an app called Big Button Machine from Google Play Store. It has about 60 different sounds and you can use any of them for ring tone. Some are much louder than other ring tones I have tried.

Regarding batteries, I did these integrated case + 3,000 mAh battery solutions today, in many shops on Suapa Road, ~ 450 baht.

I bought one for my SGS2 (2,500 mAh).

A juice box, 2,500 mAh, is ~ 205 baht. This is a smallish box with both a male and female micro USB connector, the former plugs directly in your phone, the latter used to re-charge it. These are not necessarily meant to be used while using the phone, rather to charge it when there may not be any AC nearby, or you are without your wall charger.

post-9615-0-69809900-1345620860_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-04316000-1345620889_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Paid 700 baht for this 3200mah suit of armour ... Bit bulky but if you don't want to carry a mili type charger then not a lot of choice. Chose this over the pictured (seen at 500 baht) due to stand and screen cover.

7d183c5f-b50f-8721.jpg

Edited by 2unique

Paid 700 baht for this 3200mah suit of armour ... Bit bulky but if you don't want to carry a mili type charger then not a lot of choice. Chose this over the pictured (seen at 500 baht) due to stand and screen cover.

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=172198