Where To Buy Wardrobes ?

mja1906

Any ideas on where I can buy a wardrobe? There doesn't seem to be much choice, there's either the tacky looking ones in BigC, that don't have much to them or

wardrobes in SB Furniture, Koncept which I think are overpriced

Is there anything in between?

if you want new, modern style, try Index.... we had one custom built there... very large and not cheap, but it was what we wanted.

Otherwise, there are many styles out of teakwood, down in Baan Tawai.... again, they will custom build, actually, probably cheaper than new from Index. We were there today looking for a cabinet, ended up getting one custom built for 1/2 the price of Index, and probably better quality.

There are various places around town where you might find old, antique style wardrobes... not looked much myself, but did stumble across a shop that sells used old stuff that they restore on 121, near the old 1001 road.

What kinda prices are we talking about at Baan Tawai? I always thought they would be mega expensive there

(even the Index ones are out of my budget). I don't need anything special, just something decent sized, that fits together well and doesn't look tacky

Get yourself down to the furniture warehouse's at Lamphun, there are several of them with a large choice of modern style gear at reasonable prices. You can do deals with them for cash on more than one item and they will deliver and assemble for free in the Chiang Mai area. They are on the main drag from Lamphun to Lampang, off to the left in the area called 'Baan Maa'. Good hunting.

Get yourself down to the furniture warehouse's at Lamphun, there are several of them with a large choice of modern style gear at reasonable prices. You can do deals with them for cash on more than one item and they will deliver and assemble for free in the Chiang Mai area. They are on the main drag from Lamphun to Lampang, off to the left in the area called 'Baan Maa'. Good hunting.

Cheers sounds great, just what I'm looking for. Like the fact that they deliver and assemble

Cheers sounds great, just what I'm looking for. Like the fact that they deliver and assemble

I've used Chan Furniture a couple of times and they also deliver, assemble and take away all the packaging for you.

They have a big shop on a slight bend in the super highway on the left hand side just past Index travelling clockwise. Lots of chairs out the front and you can usually park right in front of the shop. They have a couple of stores so scroll down on this page for the location in Chiang Mai http://www.chanfurniture.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=4〈=en

Baan Tawai...

no question smile.png

+1

I don't know if they deliver or what ever but I do know that you can get what you want from them. They build them close by. On second thought they probably would deliver it and set it up. For a charge. No body does it for free they have already put the price in before you got to them.

if you want new, modern style, try Index.... we had one custom built there... very large and not cheap, but it was what we wanted.

Otherwise, there are many styles out of teakwood, down in Baan Tawai.... again, they will custom build, actually, probably cheaper than new from Index. We were there today looking for a cabinet, ended up getting one custom built for 1/2 the price of Index, and probably better quality.

There are various places around town where you might find old, antique style wardrobes... not looked much myself, but did stumble across a shop that sells used old stuff that they restore on 121, near the old 1001 road.

DO NOT go to Index. After only 4 months one of our new built-in wardrobes has started suffering from delamination of the surface foil. It is now 5 weeks since we first contacted them about this &a part from sending a young man to take photos on his phone we have had absolutely no response or action. They do not answer emails and in phone calls they simple say we have to wait until there is space in their schedule. Well after spending over half a million on furniture at Index we would NEVER go back. I suggest you stay away from Index.

The problem i have with the modern looking ones is that they are made from cheap particle board and break too easily. We had ours built at Baan Tawai. about 8k each ten years ago. They might be a little more expensive now but still probably under 12k. Since they will last a lifetime, they are cost effective. Every shop there I have done business with delivers and installs for free.

If you want cheap, then go in front of Big C. There is a wood shop there that makes things out of pine. It will be 1/2 the price but still looks decent. Again bring a design that you want and they will dupilicate it. They are not as sturdy as the teak ones but still better than particle garbage.

Baan Tawai

If you made it that far you've already passed many many furniture dealers/makers. this area on the map is for the smaller piece/decorations.

You can spend the whole day searching, but its easier to get an idea of what you want, pick a shop, and let them find it/make it.

Good luck

Can anyone locate this Baan Tawai.. on Google Map for me please.

Edited by CMSteve

Phunya furniture, beside index.

http://www.phunya-furnituresdesign.com/products-view.php?id_total=1317809307369&id_setpro=25&subname=Bedroom&setname=ตู้เสื้อผ้าแบบต่างๆ#p

Baan Maa, as trainman 34014 posted, someone I know bought it for 4,990 baht and it is a nice one for that price (link below did not show many wardrobe pictures.

http://www.banmafurniture.com/08.htm

Another one ; http://www.mallikafurniture.com/product.php?c_id=133&c_url=แบบยุโรป&sc_id=168

Baan Maa, as trainman 34014 posted, someone I know bought it for 4,990 baht and it is a nice one for that price (link below did not show many wardrobe pictures.

http://www.banmafurniture.com/08.htm

I have bought several items from this area. Good quality and very reasonable price. Trainman's directions were a little vague, so Google Map ref. 18.554729,99.066274

Many outlets, prices are negotiable.