Briton Arrested On Drug Charges In Bangkok

george

Just looking at this picture fellas, I don't think it is possible to stash this all in his pants. Look at it closely the size of these bags and if the person was say 5 feet 6 inches tall, there is no dam way he could do this unless he doubled his leg size to some incredible width.

We know this much he did not have some of this stashed around his waist or back or in the front. It was confirmed he had no shirt on and was topless to the waist.

If we all can pause here for a moment and really check out this picture I think you all will come up with some agreement that this amount in his pants is almost next to impossible. I see from this picture total 14 bags one of them is just barely visible to the far left if you look closely. How many more from that point is not shown. The length of these bags appear to be from the suspects elbow down to the tips of his fingers or a bit longer if he extended his arm straight out. If one was to wrap these bags around each leg best he can do is maybe 6 each leg. There is more bags here than he can possibly handle. Also look at the size of the suspect himself. He does not look that big.

Would he be this stupid to pile this all on him and really look awkward in appearance with huge fat legs whereas his upper torso does not reflect a fat person??????? and thus catch strange looks from others????? Well one police officer or two did, but they noticed no shirt on, not the size of his pants so to speak. That is why I say something is not right here at all.

I think he truly had only 9,000 pills, but not 20,000 and those bags look more than 20K pills there. Is it possilbe that he might be getting set up???? I would think if he had 20K pills, surely it would fill up at least a shoulder carry on bag itself. How many pills will fill up a regular sandwich bag??? From that I suppose then you can sort of figure out what 20K pills might end up being.

I would like to hear from others on their comments from their examinations based on this picture alone.

Daveyoti

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dave you seem to be one of the few people here with more than 3 brain cells.

yes i think you are right, the contradictory reporting and the huge amount of pills, i think even a shoulder bag couldn't carry them all! so i think there is more to this.

i'm going to go against all the right wing nonsense and say that i believe all drugs should be legal (why should anybody tell us what to do) and probably those people who rant on about brits and druggies and such, or calling for the death penalty, probably drink coffee (addictive and mood altering) smoke cigarettes (cost the health care budget billions from cancer and heart disease ) drink alcohol (cause of the majority of domestic crimes, violence and murder)

i know this is a little off topic but try not to be so hypocritical in your rough justice.

you don't see people on e beating the shit out of their wives every sat night!

check out the stats on deaths from e then check the stats on deaths from alcohol abuse. it's a ratio of about 2/10000 nuff said!

i think this guy is being used for propaganda purposes?

fatty (hang um high)

i'm going to go against all the right wing nonsense and say that i believe all drugs should be legal (why should anybody tell us what to do) and probably those people who rant on about brits and druggies and such, or calling for the death penalty, probably drink coffee (addictive and mood altertering) smoke cigarettes (cost the health care budget billions from cancer and heart disease ) drink alcohol (cause of the majority of domestic crimes, violence and murder)

i know this is a little of topic but try not to be so hypocritical in your rough justice.

you don't see people on e beating the shit out of their wives every sat night!

check out the stats on deaths from e then check the stats on deaths from alcohol abuse. it's a ration of about 2/10000 nuff said!

Agreed 100%

Heroin was available in any pharmacy in the US in the early 1900's. Coca was the active ingridient and part of the original formula in Coca Cola, LSD I believe was discovered in 1948 and was legal along with pot until the 1960's. Yet you won't find drug crazzies until it was made illegal, hence making the prices so high that criminals ( in and out of government) found it so highly profitable and so crime ( from the government as well as within the population) soured.

It's power, control and money for the government. If that wasn't the case then it would still be legal.

Rgrds

Mr Vietnam :o

there are so many holes in this story, like many of the hits were damaged while he was getting arrested. where are they? all those bags look full of intact pills not mashed to powder. by the way, who gets to count the pills?

but the thing is, we don't know how big those bags are, photos can be so tricky at angles like that. what if those bags are actually really really small? a hit of X is very small and he was wearing custom made baggy sweat pants with secret pockets. they all ready have him with enough hits for the death penalty with the intention of selling, why add more?

daveyo is probably right, but i'm not going to lose any sleep over it

i may be wrong but i beleive they receive an amount per pill "found". Who knows how many of these pills are pills when alls said and done , cant beleive they test them all.You have to remember that the police in Thailand only catch criminals when offered financial incentive to do so.After the recent crackdown the was a huge party for officials in our town and one of my friends enquired what was going on and was told that all the officials had just received their bonuses for hitting their quotas.At the end of the day when offered money for figures, criminals will always be found no matter what.Irrelevent in this case because this guy is guilty as sin .

That's unbelieveble!! :o

I think it's about time Thailand executed a Farang and show it live on television. Not Micheal Connell as he's 19 and deserves a second chance in life,but if they did execute a Farang then it might send out a clear message that drug smugglers/Trafficers will not be tolerated.

But they won't.

Sentences are invariably commuted, or on appeal by the Rt Hon Tony Blair or one of his cronies Royal Pardons are granted, allowing the miscreants to return to serve out their sentence in their home country - in the case of UK a stint at one of Butlins Holiday camps is more punitive than a stint in prison!

And don't forget, Thailand needs to resurrect it's chicken trade ASAP with Europe.

Deals need to be done!

I agree Huski, what happenned to the mashed up pills that they reported as damaged?????? Did they replace it with asprin to make it look like the same????

We don't see that in this picture the damage pills alleged. Hmmmmm. Maybe those are on the left side of the picture that is not seen.

Still the size is unbelievable never the less so to speak.

Oh to Mr. Vietnam, wow you mean to tell me people supposingly were high on cocaine drinking Coka Cola!!!!!!!!! No wonder I was having fits back then :D:D

LSD with pot in the 60's yes I would think to believe that is true. That is why they were called hippies!!!!!!! Flower power years so to speak. Remember the Vans so decorated with the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I do remember that LSD was indeed a very popular piece of medicine and I would think that is how John Lennon might have made his songs seeing the psycho colors move in his head, as they may have have described in his music.

Anyway so much for tit for tat :o

Daveyoti

I agree Huski, what happenned to the mashed up pills that they reported as damaged?????? Did they replace it with asprin to make it look like the same????

We don't see that in this picture the damage pills alleged. Hmmmmm. Maybe those are on the left side of the picture that is not seen.

Still the size is unbelievable never the less so to speak.

Oh to Mr. Vietnam, wow you mean to tell me people supposingly were high on cocaine drinking Coka Cola!!!!!!!!! No wonder I was having fits back then :D:D

LSD with pot in the 60's yes I would think to believe that is true. That is why they were called hippies!!!!!!! Flower power years so to speak. Remember the Vans so decorated with the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I do remember that LSD was indeed a very popular piece of medicine and I would think that is how John Lennon might have made his songs seeing the psycho colors move in his head, as they may have have described in his music.

Anyway so much for tit for tat :o

Daveyoti

And another thing I can't workout DaveYo is the amount the Thai's say the drugs are worth. Something doesn't add up.

Take this chap with 9,000 and our young little big ears friend (Who I feel deserves a second chance in life) who had 3,400.

Two things I would like to ask is........

1st thing, Alan John Kiernan had 9,000 = $127,600 according to the Thai Customs.

2nd thing. Micheal connell had 3,200 = $85,000 according to the Thai Customs.

Now where do they get there sums from ? Isn't Alans haul surposed to be about $250,000 dollors going by Micheals haul ??

It all sound fishy to me.

Lucky your calculations are correct give or take about 10K depending on the currency rates one uses.

Yes I agree this shindig is not adding up between the two suckers who got busted.

I suspect the Customs or Thai Police is ante up the amount of pills and in their excitement forgot to cover their backs on the price of these pills. Thus exposing themselves nice and ripe to their coverup attempts.

I also wonder who's street value that they compute these figures from anyway. You know it and I know it for example one can sell 10 dollars on one corner and on the next corner it can sell for 20 dollars or 5 dollars etc.

Gives me some food for thought so to speak, is don't trust the person next to you no matter what cause you might also take the fall for their own B/S.

So I am wondering since Thaskin put so much pressure on the Police over there in Thailand, that the Police now are trying hard to find ways to do the drops on people if they can get away with it.

At the same token, I wonder how many witnessed this bust out in the Park????? Why haven't they come forward to give their versions in the paper or news over there?????? Ahhhhhhhh, they not want to get involved, since we all know police corruption is quite common in Thailand. Bribery is their bread and butter. Example>>>> Massage Parlors, Prostitution, food vendors, motocyclists, and the list goes on.

So, these two arrests of the amounts of dope does have me really wondering Lucky, as to how they even got it on board to the darn Planes themselves.

These security machines that they have at the airports now can sniff out explosives and dope, > even cigarettes in your pocket>>> and even spot a fingernail file in person or in briefcase.

Are we to be so naive that Big Ears and Little Ears, somehow got by all that security and machines and still make it to Thailand?????? With those high amounts of dope without being detected????????? They have drug dogs all over the place.

I think we can all say>>>>> this is Unbelievable. coming from Thailand. It has to be some dream or something called (like on TV) the outer limits!!!!!!!!! :D

I once mentioned in some previous threads, I suspect the dope is coming out from the airport itself being Don Muang. Others disagree and say I am full of pea brain. Up to you. I work in the Airport myself, and see things that will even scare you to death.

One more thing for me to be very careful of. Double check your luggage when you pick it from the conveyor there in Thailand and make sure the security stickers are not broken. If they are it has been tampered. :D If so now big question pops in your mind >>>> :o Did someone do something to my bag????? Do I report this or not????? If I report this and they check it and find dope inside do I say the famous quote """Shit* Happens""" Scary thought my friends. If that is the case, then next stop is your visit to the Hilton >>>>>>>>>>>> :D

At least you know your carry ons are safe. It is your checked luggage you best be very careful of since many handle your bags from point A to point B behind the walls and curtains. :D

Daveyoti

I once mentioned in some previous threads, I suspect the dope is coming out from the airport itself being Don Muang.

Hmmm..

Never thought of that, Dave.

The source of the drugs is:

A] A secret "E" manufacturing facility at Don Muang airport.

B] Amsterdam.

Tough one that.

Others disagree and say I am full of pea brain.

You're definately full of something, Dave.

These security machines that they have at the airports now can sniff out explosives and dope, > even cigarettes in your pocket>>> and even spot a fingernail file in person or in briefcase

in the usa there is a very sensitive machine that they swab over the handle of luggage that can detect drugs or explosives from the oils in you hands, but it is used only if you are suspected and then pulled aside and not every airport can afford one of these. since there are just so many passengers traveling, still the most standard security seems to be the giant metal detector you walk through, that can even detect change in your pocket and/or a manual hand wand metal detector. sometimes random seaches on carry on luggage even after the metal detector.

the brand new xray machines that can see down to your bones is in thailand, i think i remember the americans was teaching the thais how to use it and the first day they found a 60 year old guy with yaba taped all over his body and it was in the news. but there was such a personal rights issue because it can see you private area perfectly that they can't use it except if you are suspected of carrying something.

the only dogs i see anymore are the stewardesses on korean airlines

Yes, and now they came out with newer machines that are a lot lighter, and is able to detect not only metal or change, besides cigs in your possession, but now can detect drugs anywhere on your body besides explosives.

Also they are outfitting all airports for checked in luggage of these machines.

As to how many airports have it or those pending to have it right now is unknown for security reasons. I do know they now have this machine at O'Hare, and also in Los Angeles and New York. I believe they are concentrating first hand at major point entries to USA.

I don't know of Europes status, but I do know Thailand is on the list to receive such (since I did not see it there in July last year) and Incheon and Tokyo now has them because I have seen them there.

They also now are eliminating airline tickets. Only boarding passes are going to be issued and these passes will also be scanned.

In the future you will be issued something similar to like a visa card for air travel and this card will contain all your data and bio concerning you. This is now in the development stages being tested. Other means of verifications will also be used such as hand scans, or eye scans etc.

That much I know at present time. So eventually it will be everywhere.

So when you want to travel in some plane for example, your card will be swiped and it will be checked on the security database profile and kept there etc. If you fall into some category that they are setting up you can be denied boarding due to security reasons. I don't know how this is going to work out but it remains to be seen. They will know everything about you in a few minutes and of your background.

It will indeed be quite deep. Examples - Interpol, FBI NSA, Thailand Immigrations and Crime and Suppression Agencies in Thailand, USA Immigrations etc and others will have your identification and Bio and background and have access to these records.

Basically your rights to privacy will disappear since you are surrendering such for security of air travel voluntarily. As to how far such will be extended and kept and for how long worldwide I have no idea.

However I can say this much. We will indeed see a lot more changes to come within the next few years. So get ready for it.

Actually when one thinks of it on such a large scale, it will be so mind boggling it will contain millions of people who travel only via airlines. :o

Daveyoti

It will indeed be quite deep. Examples - Interpol, FBI NSA, Thailand Immigrations and Crime and Suppression Agencies in Thailand, USA Immigrations etc and others will have your identification and Bio and background and have access to these records.

daveyo, i think this senerio you are describing technically is still a long way off internationally. the US and silicon valley is bored and i agree many are trying for a way to be the 'one company' to put it all together.

the high tech movies seem to make it look real as hackers can bring up these connected databases out of their asses in seconds but its still only 2004. remember thailand let a <deleted>' terrorist make visa runs a few times without knowing who he was and then caught him only because he was an arab that stuck out like a sore thumb not speaking thai in a tiny village.

remember the multi country visa that was talked about and already agreed on and accepted by all countries involved a few months back? i guarantee it is a multi country networking computer nightmare holding it up and now its not even talked about. and with thaksin saying thailand is for thais, what are the farangs doing here, who knows if it will even happen.

however locally, now that this british clueless wonder that just got busted and then started to brag how easily he got through thai customs (thais lost face), is going to change something (maybe drug dogs will walk around on that final exit or those portable sniffing machines you mentioned will show up)

Hey Huski, by the way they are not that far off from implementing the card deal with your bio etc. Right now they are negotiating and working things so that this system is so secure the hackers will have a tough time cracking the codes.

Last I heard there is a cryptic system that is unbreakable. A team of some young puter nerds put it together. Reason I know of this is the Pentagon and Microsoft were interested along with a few others to obtain and buy this technology, but the team that developed it don't want to reveal the secrets.

I have not heard anything about it since.

Well if Thais lost face on the drug issue remember they have short memories. Also what bothers me is this machine they have of course is on the entry side and they don't have it on the exit side. Meaning, going to the planes >>>> they have it there, but those coming in they don't have it.

At O'Hare they have it both ways, entry and exit.

Again I don't know about Europe all that well but I am stumped especially about England not catching all that dope before they boarded the planes. Not only that, there is a stop over before going to Thailand. Most flights have stopovers both ways. So if one coming from England, they do have a stop over, and in that airport they also scan and check you before re-entry to the aircraft. Like in Incheon, Taipei, Narita, Hong Kong, Manila.

There is an International agreement in effect of open skies which by the way forces the airlines to make stopovers to these cities within Asia. This part pisses me off, to some extent, but these airlines can make it non stop direct to Bangkok without a problem. A 747 will have about 5,000 pounds of fuel left upon arrival from Chicago to Bangkok flying at 39,000 feet. They will increase their altitude in increments due to the weight of the plane and as it gets lighter they go higher. However under the FAA they require these planes to have minimum of 11,000 pounds of fuel upon arrival at any airport. Reason in case of diversion or emergency to seek another destination which is about an hour and a half of fuel and flying time.

Daveyoti

Whats a ppruner?

a tree trimmer with a stutter :o:D

Actually think it's a pilot or something to do with that profession (the reason I know this is cause I dated a pilot once :D obviously didn't pay enough attention though)

There is an International agreement in effect of open skies which by the way forces the airlines to make stopovers to these cities within Asia.
there is a new boeing plane, called the sonic cruiser that will go from LAX to BANGKOK non stop.
Should the decision be made to design for a capability of 9,000 nautical miles (16,668 kilometers), the new airplane will make possible non-stop routes such as Singapore-Los Angeles, Los Angeles-Bangkok and New York-Singapore. These trips will take approximately 16 hours, 25 minutes.

New Boeing Airplane to Include Range of Possibilities

Boeing: Sonic Cruiser

there is a new boeing plane, called the sonic cruiser that will go from LAX to BANGKOK non stop.

Boeing scrapped their sonic cruiser plans a year and a half ago. You're probably thinking of the 7E7 "Dreamliner" Although I think its supposed to be not much more than a 757 type (yawn)

One year until the A380 flies :o Then we'll be able to queue up for the toilets with 700 others :D

cv

From ORD to BKK 8538 Statue Miles 7418 Nautical miles 17hrs 24 mins

From ORD to HKG 7783 Statue Miles 6782 Nautical miles 15 hrs 53 mins

From LAX to BKK 8274 Statue Miles 7188 Nautical Miles 16 hrs 52 mins.

United can fly and is doing it now from Chicago to Hong Kong non stop.

Typically the range for a 747 ER is 7,670 Nautical Miles fully loaded, with over 63,700 gallons of fuel. Fuel weighs around 6.7 pounds per gallon. So in pounds this is 426,823 pounds of fuel itself. Standard 747 range is 7,260 with 57,285 gallons and in pounds 383,380. The fuel itself changes its weight from the weather conditions.

They can fly to BKK standard 747 since it is only another 636 Nautical miles, and even a bit more so on the 747ER but again like I said weight and jet stream(weather conditions) play a major role here along with altitude selection and of course from the FAA that requires a certain amount of fuel at time of landing.

If the 747 was only half full and their cargo contained only the luggage of the passengers they can make it straight to Bangkok from Chicago. I know so because I know this plane inside and out.

If it is fully loaded no way. Max they can make it is to Hong Kong (and just barely meet the FAA fuel requirements for landing.)

I work here at the airport. I have seen American Airlines, LOT, JAL, and some others practically land here and they ran out of fuel at the end of the runway and had to be towed to the gates by the pushback trucks!!!!!!!!! This happens quite a few times thru out the year. Because of this pilots get severely reprimanded for creating a dangerous situation (provided it is their fault) but over 98 percent of the time it is the gauges >>>> the reading from the fuel trucks, the reading from the meter under the wings and the gauge reading from the cockpit being at fault.

I have had to fix these constantly and some readings can be off as much as 10K pounds from the fuel trucks to cockpit.

A scary thought indeed, but that is life my friends.

As of the 7E7, if they make this plane it can make it to Bangkok non stop from Chicago. Don't forget cargo weight and fuel weight and FAA requirements. I have been in the school on this particular plane and it is impressive so the latest news on this>>>> they must configure it to go max distance for safety reasons even though it is well within the scope distance wise.

I particularly like the Sonic better than this 7E7. That plane will go close to the 50K altitude and indeed cut down travel time and it is a very well designed concept. However the cost of building this is truly staggering.

Daveyoti

I work here at the airport. I have seen American Airlines, LOT, JAL, and some others practically land here and they ran out of fuel at the end of the runway and had to be towed to the gates by the pushback trucks!!!!!!!!!

well daveyo knows planes...i personally am sold on thai airways as they have a very friendly staff. my last flight from the US was with Paradon on board even though no one seem to recognize or talk to him but me.

but any way back to the topic, whats going on with "shit happens" he has to be pleading guilty. he will probably escape the death penalty but be in the pokey for life.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure he should or will escape the death penalty.

I'm British (English) and because of the likes of him and the 19 year old I'll feel I'm being scrutinised everytime I arrive or depart at the airport.

He makes farang look bad, the British look bad and people with tattoos look bad.

I must say though, in the cases of both men, I do feel for their mum's.

I thought the barbaric treatment of drug users (make them criminals and perpetuate the problem) in America was frowned upon by open-minded europeans. It's a sickness not a crime...if dipshit was walking around "high on his own supply" he's clearly sick right? He's a pathetic 'mule' for godsakes... Yet many of the messages in this thread call for death? You people must love George W. Bush in office too...his mindless 'war on drugs'....shame on you guys...this man needs help, not death, needs rehabilitation and then needs to be banned from Thailand. Poor soul :o

Maybe banned from Thailand and then rehab. Not sure why Thailand would be responsible for rehab'ing him.

But I suppose there are some that would point out that he is responsible for his actions. Diminshed capactity as a defense? He was too sick to obey the law? Or to be punished for that?

I do believe in rehab, but I also believe in responsibility for ones actions. No "get out of jail card" for him, I'm guessing.

Jeepz

I thought the barbaric treatment of drug users (make them criminals and perpetuate the problem) in America was frowned upon by open-minded europeans. It's a sickness not a crime...if dipshit was walking around "high on his own supply" he's clearly sick right? He's a pathetic 'mule' for godsakes... Yet many of the messages in this thread call for death? You people must love George W. Bush in office too...his mindless 'war on drugs'....shame on you guys...this man needs help, not death, needs rehabilitation and then needs to be banned from Thailand. Poor soul :D

:o This "poor soul" knew what he was doing when he volunteered to the job.

It's like, you know, nobody's responsible for what they do anymore - it must be "the Devil made me do it".

Saw a commercial for weight loss pills that's broadcast in America now where the guy says "it's not your fault you're overweight - you got a hormone [or some other crap explaination] problem." Right. You're a fokin' glutton is why you're overweight and sometimes reality has to smack those people upside the face.

Having the death penalty for certain drug offenses works as a deterrant to those weak-willed souls who may contemplate some easy money.

Hang 'em all... :D

Boon Mee

QUOTE (Be There Soon (I Hope) @ Sat 2004-02-21, 04:50:11)

I thought the barbaric treatment of drug users (make them criminals and perpetuate the problem) in America was frowned upon by open-minded europeans. It's a sickness not a crime...if dipshit was walking around "high on his own supply" he's clearly sick right? He's a pathetic 'mule' for godsakes... Yet many of the messages in this thread call for death? You people must love George W. Bush in office too...his mindless 'war on drugs'....shame on you guys...this man needs help, not death, needs rehabilitation and then needs to be banned from Thailand. Poor soul

as well as locking up greedy drug smugglers, they should also be locking up pathetically irresponsible apologists like yourself.