Nude Sunbathing

scubachild

Not to mention UGLYYY....! Vast majority of the flesh on display in Phuket would be best covered up on aesthetic grounds alone.

In addition to disrespecting the Thais, these eyesores ruin an otherwise beautiful landscape. One tries to ignore them, of course, but it's pretty hard not to marvel at some of near-Hippopotamuses parading about in the altogether....

Not all older men have bad bodies but I know what you mean. Why is it that the fattest and ugliest women [and men]seem to want to let it all hang out on display.

And what does 'aesthetic' mean? :o

Edited by Wes Turner

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Koh Samui and stayed somewhere near Lamai beach for two weeks last December. I like to tan a lot, so I was in my bikini for days. I was walking along the beach one fine sunny day when I saw about 10 topless bodies sprawled somewhere, so I took my top as well. (Whew. Glad, the anti-nud_e police didn't come to fetch me. It would have been very embarrassing.)

Now that I know it's illegal, I will never do it again!

well, based on the competition, some samui hotels put their "product placement spots" in a few travel magazine reports, that they are offering a private beach and they show topless tourist.

Also, there are a lot of places on Kho Phangan, where you find 100% farang tourist,

and there, its no problem.

On the other hand, I rembember the time in the 90 th. on Phuket, where many katoey were proud to presend their new silicon valley, :D

but times changed. :o

I went to Koh Samui and stayed somewhere near Lamai beach for two weeks last December. I like to tan a lot, so I was in my bikini for days. I was walking along the beach one fine sunny day when I saw about 10 topless bodies sprawled somewhere, so I took my top as well. (Whew. Glad, the anti-nud_e police didn't come to fetch me. It would have been very embarrassing.)

shucks, why did I miss that :o

Have never seen a lady detained for topless bathing, but have heard a couple being shouted at by local police to "get 'em on", but not as loud as my "get 'em off" :D

Seriously though, I find nowhere in Thai law which makes nudity illegal per se.( other than local bye laws such as in the National Parks mentioned earlier) However the police usually refer to "offending public decency". Hence I don't think a small secluded island would be raided by the anti- nud_e police. People should just use common sense :D

As far as i know there is no country in the world were nud_e sunbathing is allowed in public beaches. You can find specific places to do it if you like it. :o

And exposing all this tired flesh in public is very disrespectfull to others. Stay home and sunbath on your terrasse.

Germany has (or had) nud_e beaches.

I remember the first time I saw a nud_e beach in Germany when I was a young soldier. They were everywhere.

There were even some beaches where a fence was erected (no pun intended) seperating the nud_e beach from the non-nud_e beach. If you went to the nud_e side you had to remove your clothes.

There was even indoor water park in one city where at 6pm underaged kids were kicked out because it was the designated time for everyone to get nud_e.

Trying to blend in, my army buddies and I embraced German culture and removed our cloths too.

We were all feeling very "cultured" when all of a sudden a German man came strutting through the room as stiff as a board with his private part immitating a salute to Hitler.

Everyone tried not to laugh but as soon as the first one of us started to laugh the whole group erupted into hysterical laughter and we decided it best to leave as some other Germans were looking at us as if we pee'd in their schnitzel.

Point being, if your a man and going to a nud_e beach, dont walk around nud_e looking at the women (or men in some cases) to the point to where everyone has an idea what your thinking about.

We all look forward to the latest "Topless in Lamai" video.

You ARE aware many videographers record the going-ons on Samui beaches, right?

never fear... it'll be available on the soon-to-be released DVD at a Phuket sidewalk vendor nearest you ...

:D

Edited by sriracha john

Too bad you missed it, but it was "a swifter than the wind thing."

We all look forward to the latest "Topless in Lamai" video.

You ARE aware many videographers record the going-ons on Samui beaches, right?

shucks, why did I miss that :D

never fear... it'll be available on the soon-to-be released DVD at a Phuket sidewalk vendor nearest you ...

:D

Oiy, in fairness to my dear self ----- if any pictures were taken at all, they will appear artistic.

It wasn't pre-planned, you know! The thought just crossed my mind and I did it instantaneously.

There was one Fin who started taking pictures, but I managed to put my top on, in lightning speed, then started the chase. He ended up giving his film to me and me buying him a new film. (I didn't think his gf was too happy that I started talking to the "photo guy" but I didn't have much options. I'm only glad he wasn't a bastaird. It could have been worse!)

I have to say that I learned my lesson that day. The chase wasn't easy. My legs hurt for days. Talk about "saving yourself from total destruction." (That Fin ran like a mad cheetah!) And please save the lectures. I admit, I wasn't myself that day and I was being a complete moron. ***sigh. I've made many mistakes in my 25 years of existense, and I know I'm bound to make more. (It's a part of life!) I hope not as moronic as the "samui <deleted> ck-up" though!

So for those people hoping that topless pictures of mine are all over the market, goodluck and have fun hunting for the "non-availables." ***chuckles.

Edited by the_heart_thief

Hence I don't think a small secluded island would be raided by the anti- nud_e police.

Now, there’s a business idea! Buy a small secluded island with lovely beaches and run it a s a naturist resort, with the full sanction of the competent Thai authorities, of course.

-----------------

Maestro

P.S. Get the last three years’ Miss Thailand for the opening, in their birthday suits!

~

What a crack-up! (Visualizations of naked farang lady/gay standing on head..) :D

I posted earlier somehow thinking that the original post was about being merely topless and I was mistaken.

Having been a member in past decades of several nudist organizations, I find it difficult to believe that even here in modest Thailand, an occasional 'booby-flash' on a tourist-popular island beach is going to really upset anyone or destroy their culture.

Nudism however is another matter.

Well, not really since we are all born that way but exposing genitalia must unfortunately be done with much caution (as the police in Birthdefect Mississippi constantly reminded me).

In the nudist camps I and my family frequented over the many years, we found that people don't really look at each other any more than on any other beach - in fact a nud_e 'normal' family is far less erotic than an 'itsy-bitsy yellow polka-dot bikini'. We used to find ourselves laughing at newbies who were allowed to wear bathing suits on their first day and how the men would gawk at the bikini-clad females when nakedness was all around them.

We dress to cover who we are, to attract attention, to hide our shame, etc., just as we use makeup or studly clothing to send messages of availability or warnings as to our mental state, ya know? Then there are those, like myself, who not only find mandatory clothing kinda strange but revel in just going au naturel, at least in our own homes/yards or while at the ole swimmin' hole..

I just haven't had the time to research it but there is nudism all over the world and if someone who is interested would take the time, there are surely websites that list private or commercial locations all over the world where one can tan da buns-n-grapes in the sun with others of like mind.

Roasted chestnuts anyone...? :o

The term 'boiled peanuts' always gimme da crawlies... :D

After careful proofreading and consideration,

Edited by Dustoff

Hence I don't think a small secluded island would be raided by the anti- nud_e police.

Now, there’s a business idea! Buy a small secluded island with lovely beaches and run it a s a naturist resort, with the full sanction of the competent Thai authorities, of course.

-----------------

Maestro

P.S. Get the last three years’ Miss Thailand for the opening, in their birthday suits!

A guy in Phuket recently wanted to start nud_e cruises.TAT were interested and arranged a meeting with Local and Central Government officials who soon jumped in with lots of objections regarding morality and being contrary to "modern" buddhist beliefs. Seemed to think the staff on board would be offended. Even a local monk was reported as saying, nudity in public should only be when you are showering. Sounds good to me :D Except when my wife's grandmother does it when I'm eating. :o

I know a bare breasted woman on the beach is supposed to be offensive to the ave Thai. What i don't understand is when you go in to a "mom and pops" grocery store and many other businesses in Thailand, you will see bare breasted women on posters and calenders on the walls. :o

About a dozen years ago I visited Phuket Island and rented a motocy to go exploring. There was a beach that had a rather long footpath as its only access and the footpath reached the beach at one end only. The beach was naturally sort of split in half by some rocks and the near part of the beach was for wearing clothes and the farther, more secluded beach was for no clothes. There weren't many people there on either part of the beach. It was all sort of low key. At the time I wondered if this was legal or not and whether it was a regular thing or just something the few Thai men who were hanging around had invented with the hopes of seeing some nud_e bodies. Has anyone else run into this?....does it still exist?

If you know of this please do NOT give any indication of its location...don't spoil a good thing.

There's one on Koh Lanta too. Well, I'm not sure if it's "officially" a nud_e beach, but it certainly was on the day I came across it. There were only about 10 people on the whole beach, but none of them were wearing anything, including one Thai lady.

As far as i know there is no country in the world were nud_e sunbathing is allowed in public beaches. You can find specific places to do it if you like it. :D

And exposing all this tired flesh in public is very disrespectfull to others. Stay home and sunbath on your terrasse.

You are so wrong that it hurts.

And FYI, sunbathing people aren't there for your enjoyment. If you wanna spank the monkey while looking at ladies, do like the rest of us, surf the web.

OK, give me ONE country in the world where you can sunbathing nud_e on public beaches. :o Is it allowed to parade naked in public in your homecountry ?

There are beaches reserved for "nudists" the word used for people who like it

Is my english so bad that you are not able to understand a word ? :D

OK, give me ONE country in the world where you can sunbathing nud_e on public beaches. :o Is it allowed to parade naked in public in your homecountry ?

YES. There are -many- public nud_e beaches (also described as such by the Government) all around Europe, in countries like Spain, France, Italy, Holland a.o., not just reserved for 'nudists'.

People 'mix' there (nud_e, topless or dressed) and if you don't like it you just go elsewhere.

One of the most liberated places in Europe is the island of IBIZA or EIVISSA in Spain and a lot of people 'fought' for the right to be nud_e in public and the 'old' Guardia Civil (Federal Spanish Police) took their fun....lying in the bushes watching the girls and after they were satisfied :D put them in busses to the police station where they had to pay a fine.

These days date back to some 15-20 years ago.

Now it is very common practise and some beaches on Ibiza are declared 'official public nud_e beaches'.

LaoPo

YES. There are -many- public nud_e beaches (also described as such by the Government) all around Europe, in countries like Spain, France, Italy, Holland a.o., not just reserved for 'nudists'.

People 'mix' there (nud_e, topless or dressed) and if you don't like it you just go elsewhere.

One of the most liberated places in Europe is the island of IBIZA or EIVISSA in Spain and a lot of people 'fought' for the right to be nud_e in public and the 'old' Guardia Civil (Federal Spanish Police) took their fun....lying in the bushes watching the girls and after they were satisfied :D put them in busses to the police station where they had to pay a fine.

These days date back to some 15-20 years ago.

Now it is very common practise and some beaches on Ibiza are declared 'official public nud_e beaches'.

LaoPo

Laopo is correct there are many Public nud_e Beaches around the world. Probably the first ones of the 20th century being in Germany. It is forgotten however that the modern perception of public nudity does not go back that far. Public nud_e beaches were the norm in UK up to 1840, but by the 1930's it was illegal for MEN to go topless in parts of America :D

About a dozen years ago I visited Phuket Island and rented a motocy to go exploring. There was a beach that had a rather long footpath as its only access and the footpath reached the beach at one end only. The beach was naturally sort of split in half by some rocks and the near part of the beach was for wearing clothes and the farther, more secluded beach was for no clothes. There weren't many people there on either part of the beach. It was all sort of low key. At the time I wondered if this was legal or not and whether it was a regular thing or just something the few Thai men who were hanging around had invented with the hopes of seeing some nud_e bodies. Has anyone else run into this?....does it still exist?

If you know of this please do NOT give any indication of its location...don't spoil a good thing.

Sounds like Nai Han Beach. Past the rocks at the south (maybe that's actually SE?) end of the beach there was a tradition of topless and/or nud_e sunbathing. Might still be.

As far as i know there is no country in the world were nud_e sunbathing is allowed in public beaches. You can find specific places to do it if you like it. :D

You are so wrong that it hurts.

And FYI, sunbathing people aren't there for your enjoyment. If you wanna spank the monkey while looking at ladies, do like the rest of us, surf the web.

Yes, I can also confirm the posts here that have stated that there are many nud_e public beaches all over Europe. France has loads, and these places are very common throughout Germany, Denmark, Spain (in particular the islands of Ibiza and Formenterra in the Balearic Islands), Portugal, Greece... the list goes on. In all these places nud_e sunbathing is legal, public and perfectly tolerated.

Sounds like Nai Han Beach. Past the rocks at the south (maybe that's actually SE?) end of the beach there was a tradition of topless and/or nud_e sunbathing. Might still be.

u mean they used to sunbathe nud_e in front of the monastery in Nai Harn? talk about total lack of respect. Anyway, the bit about the footpath and rocks doesn't sound like Nai Harn.

Could be somewhere like Laem Singh, pretty secluded and sort of fits the description.

~

One of the better sites:

http://www.castawaystravel.com/thailand/thailand-main.htm

And these should keep you busy for a while:

http://asia.dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Cult...ts_and_Nudists/

http://goasia.about.com/cs/azsiteindex/a/nudebeaches.htm

http://www.beachesbeaches.com/beachform.html

We were born unabashedly naked and nudism abounds all over the world whether people/cultures like it or not. In my decades of travels all over the world, I have never found it difficult to find a relaxed beach where I could float in Mother Ocean undraped in the cloaks of mankind's chosen shame.

Ya know, if you (and I) feel the need to peel off the rather odd mandatory clothing, we can always wear our bathing suit into the surf then hold it (or preferably our girlfriend's) in our teeth while we tempt the sharks, right?

There ARE paybacks however - I still bear a scar on the crown of my pee-pee (for you born-again's) where some exotic and multi-toothed fish off the coast of India mistook it for a huge worm (sea-cucumber, moray eel, giant squid, whatever)!

At any rate, our home is a clothing-optional zone and we mostly choose naked, especially during snuggle-time... :o

I still bear a scar on the crown of my pee-pee (for you born-again's) where some exotic and multi-toothed fish off the coast of India mistook it for a huge worm (sea-cucumber, moray eel, giant squid, whatever)!

:o:D:D

There ARE paybacks however - I still bear a scar on the crown of my pee-pee (for you born-again's) where some exotic and multi-toothed fish off the coast of India mistook it for a huge worm

(sea-cucumber, moray eel, giant squid, whatever)!

Well, well, well, I always like modest people :D but to compare your single-handed pee-pee with a GIANT SQUID is a little over the top, isn't it...not to mention a sea-cucumber or moray eel :D are you sure is wasn't a multi-tooted Indian 'bird'?

:o:D

LaoPo

There ARE paybacks however - I still bear a scar on the crown of my pee-pee (for you born-again's) where some exotic and multi-toothed fish off the coast of India mistook it for a huge worm

(sea-cucumber, moray eel, giant squid, whatever)!

Well, well, well, I always like modest people :D but to compare your single-handed pee-pee with a GIANT SQUID is a little over the top, isn't it...not to mention a sea-cucumber or moray eel :D are you sure is wasn't a multi-tooted Indian 'bird'?

:o:D

LaoPo

I want to test how good Alta-Vista website is, LaoPo. Ok? Is the cut-n-paste translation from their site something you can understand?

Goede vriend. De schrijver sprak over welk dierlijk beetje hem, niet over de grootte van zijn penis.

For others, I entered in English text:

Good friend.

The writer was talking about what animal bit him, not about the size of his manhood.