Department Of Special Investigation Accused Of Abuse Of Power: Thailand

webfact

DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL INVESTIGATION

DSI accused of abuse of power

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) might have overstepped its investigative mandate in the East Water flood-donation case, Democrat MP Wiratana Kalayasiri said yesterday.

Wiratana lodged a complaint asking the Office of the Ombudsman to look into the alleged DSI impropriety. He named DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith and lead investigator Niran Adulyasak as suspects in a possible abuse-of-power case.

"I believe Tarit and Niran are acting beyond their mandate," he said, calling for the ombudsman's intervention.

The flood donation in question was made in 2010 via the then-ruling Democrat Party, which in turn channelled the money to a flood-relief fund supervised by the Prime Minister's Office.

The DSI decided to launch its investigation on suspicion that the donor, a state-run enterprise, made the donation to disguise an illegal campaign contribution.

In his complaint, Wiratana said the DSI was conducting a scare campaign to coerce flood-relief donors into giving statements.

The DSI had circulated a statement branding a number of donors as violators of the electoral rules, saying they made illegal contributions to the Democrat Party, before questioning them, he said.

Under the DSI Act, special investigators have no mandate to look into campaign finance, which is under the purview of the Election Commission, he said.

In a related development, EC chairman Apichart Sukhagganond said a commission-appointed panel had initially concluded its report on campaign finances involving the Democrats. The EC had been poised to rule in the case, but on July 20 complainant Ruangkrai Leekitwattana submitted additional evidence, prompting the panel to check and rewrite its report, he said.

The EC will rule on the case as soon as the investigative report is complete, Apichart said.

He said he expected a speedy conclusion in this case, and in another in which the Democrats distributed government relief supplies without authorisation in Phitsanulok last year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-11

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) might have overstepped its investigative mandate in the East Water flood-donation case, Democrat MP Wiratana Kalayasiri said yesterday......

....and in another in which the Democrats distributed government relief supplies without authorisation in Phitsanulok last year....

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-11

National emergency of mamouth proportions.

Thousands homeless and in fear of their lives.

Ruling party distributes aide to areas that voted for them, before or instead of all others.

Ruling party mismanages aide supplies that are then lost in flood waters at airport.

Former ruling party distributes relief supplies to places not getting any.

Result:

Ruling party charges them with not getting their permission to aide the suffering citizens.

PTP shows themselves to be moral Lilliputians or worse.

It obviously prevented the PTP from syphoning off the funds or from putting their "Greetings from Dubai" stickers on it.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) might have overstepped its investigative mandate in the East Water flood-donation case, Democrat MP Wiratana Kalayasiri said yesterday......

....and in another in which the Democrats distributed government relief supplies without authorisation in Phitsanulok last year....

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-11

Ruling party distributes aide to areas that voted for them, before or instead of all others.

Ruling party mismanages aide supplies that are then lost in flood waters at airport.

Result:

Ruling party charges them with not getting their permission to aide the suffering citizens.

It obviously prevented the PTP from syphoning off the funds or from putting their "Greetings from Dubai" stickers on it.

I suppose sacking a PM for doing cooking show is of a national importance.

• Like 1

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-11

Result:

In my humble opinion Samak should have been declared a national disgrace for having the audacity to cook pork in Coca Cola on TV.

I don't know what happen to DSI?

While Mark/Suthep were in power, DSI was as straight as your public hair.

Now with Thaksin/Yinglick in charge, DSI sudden bend backward to please the government in power.

They should be investigated for being unusually stealthy

Now with Thaksin/Yinglick in charge, DSI sudden bend backward to please the government in power.

The DSI seem to be the ONLY ones coming to Phuket en mass to capture criminals here. The local police do sod all unless they're paid.

I don't recall anyone ever saying That tha DSI were above reproach, they are supposed to be investigating crimes, regardless of who is in power and where there investigation leads them. I don't think that is what is happening, or has happened in the past.

How sweet didn't Abhisit and Suthep order a falsification in the outcome in the murder investigation of Fabio Polenghi from Italy and the Japanese cameraman from Reuters? THe army did nothing wrong, that was of course after the DSI was forced to withdraw a report in the snipers that were involved. Any government related service, any person related to the elite abuses their powers. They do so for hundred of years and that made Thailand to a backward country for those without means.

How sweet didn't Abhisit and Suthep order a falsification in the outcome in the murder investigation of Fabio Polenghi from Italy and the Japanese cameraman from Reuters? THe army did nothing wrong, that was of course after the DSI was forced to withdraw a report in the snipers that were involved. Any government related service, any person related to the elite abuses their powers. They do so for hundred of years and that made Thailand to a backward country for those without means.

Pray tell about the 'order to falsificate' ermm.gif

Money talks and , well you know the rest.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-11

Result:

Agreed.

Had there been no "red riots', there would have been no death or injury.

So, who did what when why ?

Personally, I was not there (of course).

I was workin' on my farm.

Pray tell about the 'order to falsificate' ermm.gif

+1

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was just another way to get rid of yet another of Taksin's puppets. Duh.

Well it made Samak lose the job for 24 hours.

He every legal right to be back as PM the very next day.

But he wasn't enough of a Thaksin puppet for Thaksin to leave Samak in the position and put his supper complient little Brother In Law into replace him. That is the facts jack.

Samak got in trouble over the cooking show FEES

and lying to say;

he didn't know the rules ( his lawyers discussed them with him he ignored them)

and

that the FEES went to his driver for gas. ( an invalid reasoning it went in his car as a perk )

He got convicted because of his EGO, nothing more nothing less.

Pork in Coca Cola might be done ok by Thai 'sweetness to absurdity' standards.

Carmeled Pork is not unusual here. I am sure I can make something with it.

He didn't return to the PM chair because

Thaksin couldn't control him enough and replaced him.

• Like 1

Might just be worried about their jobs as those that don't tow the PTP line tend to get turfed out where they can irrespective of how well they are doing their jobs and with distinctly unqualified Thaksin puppets that don't have a clue what they are doing put in their place!!! Correction!! "that do what Thaksin wants them to do" put in their place.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE