Roadwing Motorized Bicycle?

pianoman

A Friend forward this link to me, and the enclosed bike looks interesting but they did not know much about them... http://www.roadwingbike.com/board-en/index.php?topic=621.0

I contacted the site and found that the closest Dealer is almost 6 hours from my location... I am interested in knowing if anyone has one or has experience riding one and can give me some more information about them... The Positives as well as the Negatives, and also the Cost, as the link did not provide and pricing information...

Depending on both the price and information obtained from others, I might be willing to Order one and have it shipped to myself up here in Isaan...

Pianoman

Well, my neighbor has them for sale, i think it was 26.000 baht, but i'll ask again.

It looked like seat & handle bar wasn't adjustable, so it is probably going to be the

"thai way of silly bicycling" -that is your legs will never stretch out

so it becomes 3 times as tiresome to bicycle.I think it would need to be a few gears to make it practical & functionalbefore i would buy it

Edited by poanoi

Thank you for the information and comments... Just thought that one might be an interesting "Toy" to play around with once in awhile... Getting too old and out of shape for riding very far on a regular bike, but always enjoyed the getting out and going when I could... Just thought that this might be a solution to my Old Age and Out of Shape problem...

Pianoman

We had them in Australia. They look exactly the same anyhow. There is 2 sizes, 1 is 60cc and the other 80cc. If you just want the motor and running gear like we used to buy that was only around 300aus $. They take a little bit of skill to fit but anyone with a bit of mechanical skill and patience can fit em. A friend of mine still sells em here under the name screamin emus. Anyhow they are reliable and good for 50 to 60 kms/hr and cheap to run. Now days there is kits for nitrous systems, better carbies, and gear changes on em. a complete bike for around 30,000baht is a bit much. They are also a bit heavy to peddle because of having 2 chains so using it for exercise is abit much. They are a bit dangerous to as cars dont expect you to be going 50plus km. Id say stick to your motorbike or car and just buy a regular bike for exercise.

Edited by krisb

Have you considered buying an electric motorbike? For example, a Jeelang Best. I bought one 4 months ago and have been very happy with it. They cost around 19,000 baht, are all-electric, do not require registration, insurance, or a helmet. It takes around 6 hours to charge the batteries (4 of them in a single container). The drawbacks with them are (1) A top speed of 35 kph, and (2) A maximum distance of about 45 km. The only problem that I've had with it (so far) is that one of the wires in the battery box got disconnected. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it for free, part of the one-year warranty.

I was looking at that electric bicycle as well,

i was more tempted on that one, but i think i read a replacement battery is going

to cost nearly as much as a new electric bicycle, every 2 year. Still, with a solar trickle charger mounted on it it would be almost too good to resist !!!http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001D2V4ZEIs this foldable thing for sale in Thailand ?Nano-Brompton 2.0 http://www.atob.org.uk/electric-bikes/electric-bike-buyers-guide-uk/

Edited by poanoi

Well, my neighbor has them for sale, i think it was 26.000 baht, but i'll ask again.

It looked like seat & handle bar wasn't adjustable, so it is probably going to be the

"thai way of silly bicycling" -that is your legs will never stretch out

so it becomes 3 times as tiresome to bicycle.I think it would need to be a few gears to make it practical & functionalbefore i would buy it

Looks like the one in the link provided by the OP has a quick release clamp on the seat post (incorporated into the rear rack) and the front stem will be adjustable for height with a couple of 24mm spanners

35 on an electric bike, ay. I can get up to 45 KPH on my push bike. Of course that's down Thepraya Rd heading towards Pattaya.

It was actually quite scary! Piddly brakes and not many ways to avoid an altercation if something went wrong. blink.png

Think I will stick to leisurely rides down along Walking St Jomtien. smile.png

PS: The GF was riding behind me on the PCX, thats how I knew the speed I was doing.

Edited by BSJ