More Loi Kroh Clamp Downs To Be Enforced - Street Girls Cleared

Beetlejuice

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif Beetlejuice's obsession with this topic is getting a little boring..........

Agree, also could BEETLEJUICE change her/his Avatar which must be one of the most irritating on the site!

Come on, it's a popular topic. If there is something new to report then I appreciate him opening a topic, while often disagreeing with some of the opinions therein. In this case I believe the request to not have staff out on the streets was made some time ago in the big meeting of the governor with bar owners.

The temple angle may be new. Note that the devil himself threw a lot worse at the Buddha to distract him and break his meditation-marathon, and failed. It could be good practice for monks to ignore some noise until 1am or so.

As for any avatars you don't like: you can easily filter out any image you don't fancy, including specific avatars.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif Beetlejuice's obsession with this topic is getting a little boring..........

Agree, also could BEETLEJUICE change her/his Avatar which must be one of the most irritating on the site!

Come on, it's a popular topic. If there is something new to report then I appreciate him opening a topic, while often disagreeing with some of the opinions therein. In this case I believe the request to not have staff out on the streets was made some time ago in the big meeting of the governor with bar owners.

The temple angle may be new. Note that the devil himself threw a lot worse at the Buddha to distract him and break his meditation-marathon, and failed. It could be good practice for monks to ignore some noise until 1am or so.

As for any avatars you don't like: you can easily filter out any image you don't fancy, including specific avatars.

Thank you, Winnie.

I have created this thread only for informative reasons, or more of a tip off really.

My message is; this may only be a load of hot air and blow over. I certainly hope so, but brace yourselves just in case.

Personally, I think it`s a shame the way it`s all gone, but this has been on the cards for a long time and has been expected, so comes as no surprise. The really sad part is the knock on affects this has on other businesses. I know of several that are already struggling and trying to sell. I think we can expect to see quite a few changes in the town within the next couple of years. Some may say that’s a good thing, others may feel disappointed. It depends on your point of view and what sort of lifestyles you enjoy.

As for me, I fall into the disappointed category.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Are we talking about the bars actually along Loi Kroh or the collection on the spur road further down, away from the moat?

Given the size of CM, this small area of bars is almost negligible compared to other tourist destinations in Thailand. Moreover, even if every rent-a-girl bar closed there, it is easy to find similar places tucked away here and there, although there might be less English spoken (use body language :D).

In fairness, there are quite a few tourists who don't enjoy being blocked or grabbed as they walk past. How well it works (and can be enforced) is anyone's guess, especially after alcohol consumed and when a handsome guy walks past. But it's not entirely unreasonable.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Monks complaining about losing sleep. Kind of ironic considering the groans in our village when the <Snip!> turn on the speakers in the temple at 4am.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I don't live near a temple but I remember traveling in Indonesia and having the Mosque's turn there's on early in the morning.

Moving to a foreign country and complaining about the indigenous religion being too loud is the height of arrogance.

From recollection Mohamed was an Arab warlord not an Indonesian. As such Islam is hardly indigenous to Indonesia, it is imported (like Christianity to the Philippines), whatsmore Asian Muslims are regarded as 2nd class Muslims by their beloved Arab betters. Also Indonesia is now predominantly Islam not entirely, so I am a total loss at what point you were trying to make about the arrogance of complaining about a non-indiginous religions' 4 am speakers?

So are the gay areas also being hassled like the heteros, if not then this is obvious discrimination. May need to organise a Hetero Pride march in Chiang Mai although may be a limited turnout.

......now there is a novel thought..... a hetero march, with marchers wearing macho and noticeably altered attire, marching south from Airport Plaza..... It could be named the HANG DONG PARADE

shock1.gif

• Like 2

......now there is a novel thought..... a hetero march, with marchers wearing macho and noticeably altered attire, marching south from Airport Plaza..... It could be named the HANG DONG PARADE

shock1.gif

There have already been groups of Hetro sexual people marches for rights in Chiang Mai, known as Macho pride.

The last event took place in Chiang Mai on April 1st. See pictured below:

post-110219-0-44008200-1344752501_thumb.

Moving to a foreign country and complaining about the indigenous religion being too loud is the height of arrogance.

And what about when the locals complain about the sound from the temples in the wee hours of the morning?

They dare not, otherwise they will receive de-merit points.

I think we can expect to see quite a few changes in the town within the next couple of years.

No disrespect intended, but I have seen hundreds of these crackdowns on the bars catering to foreigners over many years and nothing much changes (which is fine with me). Thailand is not a place for long-term plans - no matter how enthusiastic they are when they come up with this stuff initially.

I was out for a few drinks last night and nothing has changed. The bars were rather subdued what with it being Mothers day but those that were open at the moat end were operating as normal and none of the people I asked had heard a thing about any sort of crack down. Just another rumour from Beetlejuice.

Edited by SamSipEt
  • Like 1

Does Thailand and Chiang Mai want tourists/retirees or not. One street in the whole city and the politicians can't leave it alone? This is really too much.

Maybe they don't want sex-tourists? unsure.png

Edited by Semper

Does Thailand and Chiang Mai want tourists/retirees or not. One street in the whole city and the politicians can't leave it alone? This is really too much.

That's just silly talk.

Just brainstorming. smile.png

That's just silly talk.

Nothing will hapen. They just make those anouuncments to sit back and watch the resident Farongs get al bent out of shape about it.

The Thai police have a saying. They say

"They love Foreigners they are there entertainment"

That's just silly talk.

with what???

shock1.gif

There have already been groups of Hetro sexual people marches for rights in Chiang Mai, known as Macho pride.

The last event took place in Chiang Mai on April 1st. See pictured below:

I havent really read all this thread..but i just saw this picture.

Now i have no idea what the thread is about anymore..all i know is that Chiang Mai definitely needs more of THAT..(maybe dressed a bit more appropriately though..but yeh, much, MUCH, more of that! ..please..!!!)

When I came to CM back in 2001, we had the crackdown by Purachi the Minister of the Interior.

The girls where ordered to dress more modestly and stay inside the bars and not be Active on the street.

The 'Tale' doing the rounds in Johns Bar was that there was to be no girly bars or Go Go inside the Old City Moat area.

Johns Place lost his Go Go bar.

It was also said that Adult nightlife was to be moved down to Chiang Mai Land.

john

Not quite correct; John was not making money from the go-go bar so he shut it down.

Nothing to do with the BiB; actually one of his brothers happens to be No 2 in the force.

Now i have no idea what the thread is about anymore..all i know is that Chiang Mai definitely needs more of THAT..(maybe dressed a bit more appropriately though..but yeh, much, MUCH, more of that! ..please..!!!)

More of what? You mean young people in general? (I would agree with that; the nature of the place has always been that younger folks are very transient, and typically leave after a couple months, or a few years tops. I'm an exception myself, but then if you stick around long enough you're again not that young anymore. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

When I came to CM back in 2001, we had the crackdown by Purachi the Minister of the Interior.

The girls where ordered to dress more modestly and stay inside the bars and not be Active on the street.

The 'Tale' doing the rounds in Johns Bar was that there was to be no girly bars or Go Go inside the Old City Moat area.

john

Not quite correct; John was not making money from the go-go bar so he shut it down.

Nothing to do with the BiB; actually one of his brothers happens to be No 2 in the force.

Correct on both counts thumbsup.gif No 2, is now retired.

Edited by uptheos

More of what? You mean young people in general? (I would agree with that; the nature of the place has always been that younger folks are very transient, and typically leave after a couple months, or a few years tops. I'm an exception myself, but then if you stick around long enough you're again not that young anymore. wink.png )

the cat is on heat WTK, you missed her point completely.

john

Correct on both counts thumbsup.gif No 2, is now retired.

+1 confirmed :wai: