Driving Licanse

Skinlog

hi all,

In sep my driving licanse will exp.so can you please say when i have to go to police station?Again to Mo Chit?and what i will need to show them?Health certificate? work permit and visa? they will give it without any exams??

thank

Ed

is it renewal after 1st year or 5 years? If it is after the 1st year then can only do it on or after the expiry date. With the renewal after 5 years i don't think it matters before or after the expiry date.

You have to go to the DLT (Dept of Land Transport) and you need all the documents you had to do before (Residency Certificate from Immigration, Doctor Certificate, passport of course, and copies of everything). If you are doing car licence and bike licence, some offices require 2 of everything. No exams, just money!

is it renewal after 1st year or 5 years? If it is after the 1st year then can only do it on or after the expiry date. With the renewal after 5 years i don't think it matters before or after the expiry date.

You have to go to the DLT (Dept of Land Transport) and you need all the documents you had to do before (Residency Certificate from Immigration, Doctor Certificate, passport of course, and copies of everything). If you are doing car licence and bike licence, some offices require 2 of everything. No exams, just money!

They gave me temporary for 1 year and it is the first year,so this time they should give me for 5 year??? Are you sure that it should be the day of expire or after??if i go after they will not say you should do all exams one more time??I;d like to go early. maybe you know hotline of DLT?thank you for help

They gave me temporary for 1 year and it is the first year,so this time they should give me for 5 year??? Are you sure that it should be the day of expire or after??if i go after they will not say you should do all exams one more time??I;d like to go early. maybe you know hotline of DLT?thank you for help

@Skinlog,

You might want to check out this thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/574959-drivers-license-in-chiang-mai/). While the discussion is talking about CM, it also outlines the requirements in general for the 5 year license and how long before the expiration you can apply. You don't have to wait until it expires to renew.

David

• Like 1

Yes, you will automatically get the 5 year. Genericnic (above) was able to get it before, but Offices around the country maybe different so best to check, No problems going after the expiry date, you don't have to do any tests again.

Call Centre number is 1584.

a list of the offices (been googlefied)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.dlt.go.th/th/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_weblinks%26view%3Dcategory%26id%3D54%26Itemid%3D57&usg=ALkJrhjhasIYweH-TOIsjHQjlehUjXbtBw

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternon friends,

Yesterday i got my new drivig licenses.just got a health paper from hospital,passport and work permit. They ask me to pass the simple phisical tests like reaction, colors... after it just took from me 960B for 2 license. And they return me my old,i was surpised why, then i mention that new one will be valid the day old one expire.

Thank for helping