Who To Report A Bad Thailand Plastic Surgeon To? Police?

abcdefpanda

I had my alarplasty and buccal fat removal in Bangkok by a plastic surgeon. Now I am not satisfied with the results at all as my nostrils look very asymmetrical and my smile is distorted. I am a foreigner and I want to report this surgeon to someone who can help me out as the surgeon does not want to do any revision.

I have looked around a bit but there is no Thai medical organization I can report him to. Please help!!!

Can I report the surgeon to Thai police? Or any medical associations?

there is a thai medical association, the president is the owner of Pratunam Clinic I believe, forgot the name...

I'll try to find it.

But before taking action you should inform yourself about your rights as a patient in such a case.

If you need to leave the country, go to your Embassy, get an emergency travel document.

Forget about the doctor and move on because you will get nowhere with that.

OP: Be very careful. Is your Doctor aware that you are an unhappy customer and that you are leaving Thailand in the coming seven days? if so he may have contacted the police, repeat may have, and they in turn could have contacted Thai immigration to put an alert on file. To obtain a new passport I would guess you will have to make a police report that would be false. A number of unknowns, so be careful, don't compound your difficulties.

I suppose all you can do is put it down to experiance and don`t blame the surgon, you did not do your home work properly, I know in Aus there is plenty of news items re this sort of thing, boobs, teeth etc, forget it, the old saying, poor man pays twice, so how cheap is it now

If you need to leave the country, go to your Embassy, get an emergency travel document.

OP: Be very careful. Is your Doctor aware that you are an unhappy customer and that you are leaving Thailand in the coming seven days? if so he may have contacted the police, repeat may have, and they in turn could have contacted Thai immigration to put an alert on file. To obtain a new passport I would guess you will have to make a police report that would be false. A number of unknowns, so be careful, don't compound your difficulties.

Where in the hell does it say about leaving Thailand in 7 days or needing emergency travel documents - am I reading the same thread here?

• Like 1

Where does it say OP has lost his/her passport? Is this the twilight zone?

Where in the hell does it say about leaving Thailand in 7 days or needing emergency travel documents - am I reading the same thread here?

leaving Thailand in seven days mentioned in a post in another thread by the OP that's been closed. Emergency travel doco is in relation to the OP leaving his passport with the doctor as surety for payment of services as OP has only made part payment (see#10)

Edited by simple1

The OP is making it the twilight zone with 3 different posts about the same subject.

Paid an downpayment for treatment

Is not satisfied doens't want to make full payment

Doctor has passport.

OP wants to leave in 7 days without paying in full and charge doctor for malpractice.

in a post that was moved here"said doctor kept passport,to make sure he got his money" person didn't like the out come,don't want to pay.

Why would anybody leave their passport with their doctor? Unreal, and should also be a BIG red flag something is not quite right. Best to have given that clown a pass in the first place and sought out a competent doctor.

• Like 2

Why don't you just go talk to the surgeon and have him make it right. Unless you have mental issues (just not going to be happy and never should have got surgery), most all reputable cosmetic surgeons here will fix at no charge any mistakes like this they make. Surely you must have done even a little bit of research on this doctor to know he is reputable. Why in the world would you want to go to the police or anyone else who cannot make your nose right????? Shouldn't you goal be to make your nose right?

The OP is making it the twilight zone with 3 different posts about the same subject.

Doctor has passport.

OP wants to leave in 7 days without paying in full and charge doctor for malpractice.

Thanks. Thought I needed eye surgery there.

• Like 1

Doctor has passport.

Thanks. Thought I needed eye surgery there.

Same same and thanks too - obviously an odd thread from an odd poster who appears to have done everything totally wrong. The only way out is take a Thai friend and try to negotiate a settlement, failing that try contacting the tourist police who may have some suggestions. As a last resort try your consulate and see if they can point you to a legal advisor - but it's a lot to do in 7 days.

How much did you spend and how bad do you think the results are? Does anyone else agree with you that the result of the surgery is bad? I doubt you will get your passport back without paying the money you owe. I'd just put it down to experience and try to pick a better surgeon next time. I can't see how you can possibly sort this out in 7 days. And you are pretty crazy to let someone else keep your passport. It's one extra lesson in life that you have learned.

• Like 1

I want to report a dentist. What channels do I have? I believe there's a dental whatever association.

The problem though is....what kind of evidence do I have

Sorry to hijack the thread a little

1 she was rude

2 she misled me about what treatment / work she did (but I have no written record, just what she told me she was doing....)

3 she gave me expired pain killers. I went back (for something else, and mentioned the expired medicine, she says ohhh but I didn't charge u for it lol

4 went back to get my records and she refused to give it to me!!!!

I want to report a dentist. What channels do I have? I believe there's a dental whatever association.

1 she was rude

2 she misled me about what treatment / work she did (but I have no written record, just what she told me she was doing....)

3 she gave me expired pain killers. I went back (for something else, and mentioned the expired medicine, she says ohhh but I didn't charge u for it lol

Eat more chocolate!

You will feel better.

• Like 2

Lol gee thanks

But on the bright side.....it must mean u pay attention to me :D despite my decaying teeth!!!

Ps I was coming back to delete my somewhat off topic post, but now that theres been replies....

Anyway sorry op

1 she was rude

http://www.thaidental.net/ has some useful links.

Guys how come you cam around as very angry to me!?

Again, the doctor ignored my email asking for the revision surgery from him. Well, what can I say? He said it is due to swelling but well, my nose looks clearly uneven due to the sutures were not on the same plane - one above, one below.

Not to mention, if I have facial nerve damages I would sue him for sure! You guys do not even know how painful it was to do the 1st surgery and now I have to do another revision surgery to correct his mistake! I have to be in pain again! How ignorant you guys are!

Never damages will take a lot of time to repair and may be a permanent damage. If so, he would need to pay for my treatments!

I thought people here could give me an advice, oh well I am disappointed in Thai plastic surgery now... You cannot just operate a patient then say it is her fault to ask for it at the 1st place.

You guys know NOTHING about the situation so if you cannot give advice then please don't be so crude

The police have nothing to do with this and complaints to any medical association will have no effect.

How much time has passed sinc er the surgery was done? (As one cannot determine the final results for some time due to swelling).

And where (i.e. what facility) was the procedure performed in?

If final results are clearly unacceptable you may be able to get some results through complaints to the hospital administration...assuming this was done in a hospital. If it was done in a private clinic owned by the doctor then this is obviously not an option.

Beyond this the only recourse would be to hire a lawyer and sue, but this may well cost you more than having a revision would. Medical lawsuits aren't very common in Thailand and usually involve egregious situations leading to death or serious disability, you are not likely to get much in a case like this even if successful, although the threat of legal proceedings might lead the doctor to settle with you out of court.

I would definitely not advise having a revision done by the same doctor with whose results you are already displeased. Nor by any surgeon likely to be angry with you, as one forced to do the procedure would be. Get someone else altogether, but do first wait for all swelling etc to subside.

Guys how come you cam around as very angry to me!?

Again, the doctor ignored my email asking for the revision surgery from him. Well, what can I say? He said it is due to swelling but well, my nose looks clearly uneven due to the sutures were not on the same plane - one above, one below.

Not to mention, if I have facial nerve damages I would sue him for sure! You guys do not even know how painful it was to do the 1st surgery and now I have to do another revision surgery to correct his mistake! I have to be in pain again! How ignorant you guys are!

Never damages will take a lot of time to repair and may be a permanent damage. If so, he would need to pay for my treatments!

I thought people here could give me an advice, oh well I am disappointed in Thai plastic surgery now... You cannot just operate a patient then say it is her fault to ask for it at the 1st place.

You guys know NOTHING about the situation so if you cannot give advice then please don't be so crude

Well I've read all the posts and nowhere do I see anybody being angry with you. A lot of posters have taken the trouble to suggest advice and supplied links to other possible sources of advice. A few people (including myself) did point out that you did a very silly thing and obviously did not do your research thoroughly. Perhaps if you had asked the Thaivisa members for advice before you went ahead with the op then the outcome could well have been different. You have nobody else to blame but yourself for getting into such an impossible situation and if you expected sympathy and not criticism then more fool you.

• Like 1

most all reputable cosmetic surgeons here will fix at no charge any mistakes like this they make.

if you have approached the doc like you did on this thread, i wouldn't be surprised if they turn you away.

As to the results, does anyone agrees with you that you have a bad result?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect App