Gay Rights "Advocates" Sparking Gay Civil Rights Revolution In Latin America

Jingthing

Bottom line: YOUR "gay civil rights advocates" are NOT "OUR gay civil rights advocates". They never will be, they've never been of any use to me, never helped me get any "gay rights" directly or indirectly, and I don't "owe" them anything or want to be associated with them in any way.

So let me get this straight once and for all. Anything concerning gay civil rights activism anywhere in the world that doesn't help you personally is of no interest to you whatsoever? As a gay man you feel no compassion whatsoever for Iranian men being murdered for being gay? Etc. Etc. Sounds extremely self centered. Some of us ARE interested in the international gay civil rights movement. Why is it that talking about that here on the gay forum invites such derision? It seems the wrong place for that. If you REALLY aren't interested, can't you just stay away from topics about international gay civil rights activism instead of launching an endless campaign of disrespect for them? My understanding is this forum is supposed to be PRO GAY and yes I think the spirit of that means not insulting people who have worked for and are working on furthering gay civil rights. Edited by Jingthing