Egypt Air A Quick Review. Biz Class

smokie36

Had a few requests for this so here ya go....

Check in at Amsterdam began exactly three hours before the flight at the very far end of check in.

Queues were long but I simply walked to the front in true 7/11 style and no one said a word. :D

Egypt Air use the Servisair 2 Lounge which has Heineken on tap in the lounge....good selection of hot snacks and nibbles. Wine and spirits were available too. Pc's available for a small fee.

The five hour flight to Cairo is on an A321 with no entertainment system...old style biz class...no lie flat seating....comfortable enough though.

Food was good, no alcohol served at all on any of the flights.

I say food is good....the choice on all their flights is literally beef, chicken or fish.

Transfer at Cairo is easy...ignore the queues and wave your next boarding pass at the Egypt Air staff and soon you are in the departure lounge where.....you can buy beer for around 3 a pint. :D

There are three lounges available for use....one of those is a smoking lounge...towards the F gates....much more comfortable than the normal smoking areas at the gates themselves. Lounges are dry....internet, both wifi and their PC's were slow or not working. Food poor, decent coffee.

Cairo to BKK on 777 has proper Biz Class...170 degree seats, small avod selection of films...maybe a dozen in total. Had a good sleep both ways on this although food BKK to CAI was awful.

Thai lounge is used at BKK...I'm sure you have all been there before....

Overall I'd fly them again on a cost basis....but not for overall quality or comfort. Average at best.

:)

Smokie thanks for the review.

I was wondering -I've read elsewhere people bring their own booze on board and the FA's don't care, did you witness this ? also assuming you are Star Alliance FFP LH/TG/AC/UA did Egypt Air post the points quickly ?

Thanks again

Wow......... better than I expected, especially smoking lounges in both Amsterdam and Cairo.tongue.png

Thank god for that, would not have liked to be on your blacklist for bad advice. Don't mind it for choice of football teams though.whistling.gif

Thanks a lot for this review, as I said before better to have reviews here, where one can interact with the poster. A lot more informative than Skytrax for example.

Thanks again

Yermaneewai.gif