Q Bar In Bangkok

fagelfenix

Hi,

I would like some info on the Q Bar in Bangkok. Im going to move to Thailand at the beginning of 2013 and have got a club booking membership card that puts you on the guestlist, that has included Q Bar. I dont have any friends or acquiantances in Thailand so im thinking about some variation and "befriend" and rotate some ladies of the night as company when im going out etc. Is it "acceptable" to bring a couple of ladies of the night (clean and good looking) to that place? One more thing, in the part of Europe where i live there is always exceedingly long queues at the best nightclubs at the weekends, being on the guest list means you dont have to line up in the queue and just pass by and tell your name, is it the same in Bangkok? Dont want to look stupid when some bouncer tells me to wait in the queue :)

Q Bar is primarily a gay bar. The "Q" stands for "queer". Yes, they do tolerate women. However, they will welcome you with more open arms if you turn up with a couple of good-looking Thai boys on your arm. I have always wondered how people don't seem to realize how very gay this bar is. Good luck.

Q = Kieu, as in "The Tale of Kieu" (Vietnam). The first Q Bar was under the Opera House in Saigon. Same owner. Don't know where you got queer from.

• Like 1

Excellent idea! The best way to make friends and acquaintances in a new town is by being accompanied by a couple of hookers. But as another poster said, half of the bar is full of hookers anyway, so at least they won't be sticking out like a sore thumb.

Q Bar is primarily a gay bar. The "Q" stands for "queer". Yes, they do tolerate women. However, they will welcome you with more open arms if you turn up with a couple of good-looking Thai boys on your arm. I have always wondered how people don't seem to realize how very gay this bar is. Good luck.

Q = Kieu, as in "The Tale of Kieu" (Vietnam). The first Q Bar was under the Opera House in Saigon. Same owner. Don't know where you got queer from.

I can confirm this. I've been to both, nothing 'queer' about either.

Bar is 60% hooker's.. 30% hookers pretending not to be hookers.. 8% farang hunting gold diggers and maybe 2% visiting for the first time :D

Its basically for those who think there too good for more conventional naughtiness.

Take a couple of whores and they will fit right in.

• Like 2

Bar is 60% hooker's.. 30% hookers pretending not to be hookers.. 8% farang hunting gold diggers and maybe 2% visiting for the first time :D

Its basically for those who think there too good for more conventional naughtiness.

• Like 2

Excellent idea! The best way to make friends and acquaintances in a new town is by being accompanied by a couple of hookers. But as another poster said, half of the bar is full of hookers anyway, so at least they won't be sticking out like a sore thumb.

The ones that are not hookers are the well educated hi so half Thai half Chinese that all the members here claim they marriedcheesy.gif

As another poster said they are the ones pretending not to be hookers!

Edited by maprao

Ahhhh, I remember a lot of people bitching about the concept of "face control" or "quality control" at Europe's more discerning clubs but the truth is, it really did preserve the tone of a club. Ironically, the same people complaining about such policies were the same ones crying in the hospital emergency room after being glassed by a peasant for looking at his girl for too long at club with no such policy in force.

Anyhoo, because of the low-rent nature of many of the punters and the girls in the foreigner-oriented venues, there are no such policies or queues at Q Bar so, as long as you can stump up the entrance fee (up to 600 baht on special nights), you're sorted.

For the love of God, don't rock up with two hoes on your arm no matter how good-looking they are. You'll look like a complete tool and people may subsequently - and justifiably - throw rotten fruit at you.

• Like 2

Ahhhh, I remember a lot of people bitching about the concept of "face control" or "quality control" at Europe's more discerning clubs but the truth is, it really did preserve the tone of a club. Ironically, the same people complaining about such policies were the same ones crying in the hospital emergency room after being glassed by a peasant for looking at his girl for too long at club with no such policy in force.

Anyhoo, because of the low-rent nature of many of the punters and the girls in the foreigner-oriented venues, there are no such policies or queues at Q Bar so, as long as you can stump up the entrance fee (up to 600 baht on special nights), you're sorted.

For the love of God, don't rock up with two hoes on your arm no matter how good-looking they are. You'll look like a complete tool and people may subsequently - and justifiably - throw rotten fruit at you.

For 600 baht, I can have 11 large bottles of Singha from 7-11 or Family Mart, or 14 large bottles of Chang. If you're willing to pay 600 baht just to enter what at the end of the day (or rather night) is nothing but a glorified hooker pick-up joint where both the drinks and the girls come at hyper-inflated prices, then more fool you. And yes, I have been there once alone, and one more time with a friend who insisted on going there. Both times, I hated it.

Bar is 60% hooker's.. 30% hookers pretending not to be hookers.. 8% farang hunting gold diggers and maybe 2% visiting for the first time biggrin.png

Best answer yet - Q Bar is full of "professionals", but some of them are so professional, that the first couple of shots, are for free - That can - and is being taking advantage of, of quite a lot of the younger expats here in the city.

But be careful - i've seen many guys going for a one-night stand with girls, from that bar/disco. And ending up with an expensive "girlfriend" .... and it all ways end up bad wai.gif

To be honest i don't like the "Farang" Disco's there, almost everything in Soi 11 and 12 sucks. If you want proper disco's, go to the Thai one's in Thong Lor or even better yet - find the hidden gems, int the outskirts of the city, where the local students go. It's a lot cheaper and A LOT more fun! whistling.gif

• Like 2

Bangkok is an south east Asian metropol. Its like comparing buying some 10 half liter bottles of cheap beer from the cornerstore in lets say London with going to "hot" clubs in metropols in Europe or USA. The question of if its fun/good/nice/worth paying extra money to go to some club thats classified as hot, in, hi so, whatever, is a question that isnt about clubs in Bangkok. Its a question that is relevant wherever you live or go. If you like high end nightclubs then you try going to does places, if you dont then theres other places where the drinks are good and the crowd is fun. Same as anywhere else.

Edited by fagelfenix

Did the OP take his name from the Scandinavian forum site or is he involved with it.

Just askin, like !

Not sure, but his main consern (after moving to Thailand) seems to be if he can get in to a nightclub without having to stand in a queue. rolleyes.gif

ladies of the night? How pathetic. Why don't you find some ladies who aren't hookers? where is the fun in paying a girl?

Ahhh, newbi's...if you think the fun bit is paying, you have missed the boat.

Or your fetishes are just weird.

• Like 1

sorry, anyone who compares a bar with a well defined music policy, professional djs, premium cocktails, excellent sound sytem etc with drinking Chang outside a 7-11 is the definitive negative indicator and should be avoided.

For many farangs here "night life" means: "a Leo in front of 7/11".

• Like 1

Did the OP take his name from the Scandinavian forum site or is he involved with it.

Just askin, like !

Not sure, but his main consern (after moving to Thailand) seems to be if he can get in to a nightclub without having to stand in a queue. rolleyes.gif

Ah, A HI-SO Scandahovian

ladies of the night? How pathetic. Why don't you find some ladies who aren't hookers? where is the fun in paying a girl?

Actually not a newbie. Did not move here cause I was loser in my home country who couldn't get any attention from the ladies. I was born here.

But yeah I admit, Q BAR is a bunch of farangs and mostly hookers. Just never understood why some people come to Thailand focusing mainly on the 'night life'. There are so many good women here who have good educations and respectable jobs. The fun is in the 'hunt' not going to the ATM.

• Like 1

Actually not a newbie. Did not move here cause I was loser in my home country who couldn't get any attention from the ladies. I was born here.

But yeah I admit, Q BAR is a bunch of farangs and mostly hookers. Just never understood why some people come to Thailand focusing mainly on the 'night life'. There are so many good women here who have good educations and respectable jobs. The fun is in the 'hunt' not going to the ATM.

Some people scare the prey away.

Why does very thread about a nightspot get used by some members to bleat on about how they never go anywhere near hookers, wouldn't be seen dead in "that kind of place" or to sneer (through pure envy) at those who don't half enjoy a good night out - be it at somewhere like Q Bar or outside the local 7-11?

Methinks there are some VERY insecure folks around these here parts...

To actually answer the OP, Q bar has probably long since had it's day at the top of BKK's night-life scene but remains a popular place.

I've not been for 2 years personally,and it was OK then but the music was certainly not to my taste.

Sadly I didn't have time to survey the demographic of every female customer but I think that's been done already..

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Thaivisa forums: A healthy mix of well adjusted friendly expats and creepy, culturally ignorant, foul weirdos. Just like the farang community in general.

If you came to Thailand because the prostitution is easy, good for you. If you didn't, good for you too. Don't understand why one has to have an opinion about the other. Mind your own junk and show some dam_n respect.

I have removed some content from this topic.

Too many posts about hookers, bar girls, sex workers lately. Many places on the Net for that sort of discussion, Thai Visa is one place where we want to keep it to a minimum.

Thank-you for your co-operation.