Do You Think Thailand Could Host The Olympics?

theblether

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand can't get 3G together because of the intense corruption. No way can they hold Olympic games. At least not in our lifetime. Thailand has a lot of maturing to do before they could ever host such an event.

Logistically, I also don't think Thailand could deal with the Olympics plus tourism. There are only so many rooms available in any given city.

But lets say they rise and overcome all odds. What are they going to do if the Reds or Yellows act up and ruin the event? They can't even protect the court house when they make rulings.

So no, not gonna happen.

• Like 1

All the "funnies" aside: with the speed in which major projects are finalized here (BTS, airport etc.), the only chance would be to NOW appeal for the 2100 games and start building AT ONCE!

@RabC........I'm not suggesting that Thailand has the capability at the moment to host the Olympics. There are plenty of countries that are incapable of hosting the Olympics, including some ( many ) Western countries.

A lot of the reasons put foward in regards to the lack of infrastructure and political instability are valid, however I can see Bangkok developing into one of the Worlds primary cities over the next few years so the notion of that particular city being able to host the Olympics is not out of the question.

So rose tinted spectacles maybe a bit unfair, I know they couldn't handle it now.......however with some infrastructure projects which are already planned such as the high speed

rail links etc they may be able to do it in 20 years or so.

There is nowhere else in Thailand capable of handling the Olympics......and I believe the IOC has now banned secondary cities from applying since the Atlanta shambles.

I can see Bangkok developing over the next few years into Atlantis 2.

@RabC........I'm not suggesting that Thailand has the capability at the moment to host the Olympics. There are plenty of countries that are incapable of hosting the Olympics, including some ( many ) Western countries.

A lot of the reasons put foward in regards to the lack of infrastructure and political instability are valid, however I can see Bangkok developing into one of the Worlds primary cities over the next few years so the notion of that particular city being able to host the Olympics is not out of the question.

So rose tinted spectacles maybe a bit unfair, I know they couldn't handle it now.......however with some infrastructure projects which are already planned such as the high speed

rail links etc they may be able to do it in 20 years or so.

There is nowhere else in Thailand capable of handling the Olympics......and I believe the IOC has now banned secondary cities from applying since the Atlanta shambles.

I can see Bangkok developing over the next few years into Atlantis 2.

So the Thais will become champion swimmers and canoeists then?

Great stuff

Tut tut Transam........thing is though your telling the truth. It's something to do with improving the breeding stock????

Lol : ))) - to my Cheeky and provoking neighbour 'Mac' Blether. ! Outside NOW .. and if i am not there start without me. ! : )

x

If Rio can host the Olympics I don't see why Bangkok couldn't. They just need to make a bid and then build the venues if they win :)

The city of Bangkok actually has many of the things the IOC looks for.

So true, the IOC, as well as FIFA, found all the things they were looking for in RIo, so,

as long as they get them, the Olympics or the World Cup could be anywhere on earth with the,

ahem, necessary assets!

The World Cup in Qatar is a perfect example - who cares if the heat will fry the fans and kill the

players, as long as the FIFA VIPs get what they are looking for? :)

If Rio can host the Olympics I don't see why Bangkok couldn't. They just need to make a bid and then build the venues if they win :)

The city of Bangkok actually has many of the things the IOC looks for.

So true, the IOC, as well as FIFA, found all the things they were looking for in RIo, so,

as long as they get them, the Olympics or the World Cup could be anywhere on earth with the,

ahem, necessary assets!

The World Cup in Qatar is a perfect example - who cares if the heat will fry the fans and kill the

players, as long as the FIFA VIPs get what they are looking for? :)

You 'nailed it' ... 'assets'. ! Except that funding is the first and most amateur step in this case ..really this is about trust .. and there is no one to trust. ! There is no morality. (something that i struggle with LOL)

Edited by Judecalling

Tut tut Transam........thing is though your telling the truth. It's something to do with improving the breeding stock????

Lol : ))) - to my Cheeky and provoking neighbour 'Mac' Blether. ! Outside NOW .. and if i am not there start without me. ! : )

x

Thanks for the kiss........we Scots are irrisistible.

ps Gawd I hope your a lady?????

x

Oi!!

I want a fight too tonight....its Friday....w00t.gif

x

Oi!!

I want a fight too tonight....its Friday....w00t.gif

I'll indulge you seeing as your wearing a nice kilt/frock,lol.

Scottish students do not have to pay university fees like English students do, and that even when they are at English universities. Scottish pensioners in nursing homes get free personal care, they don’t have to sell their houses to pay for it like English pensioners do. In Wales everyone gets free prescriptions. £1300 more is spent on health, education and social services per head in Scotland and Wales than in England.

Say anthing you want to me, just don't agree with mew00t.gif

To be fair that is true about Andy Murray........there are plenty of English that can't stand we Scots.......Andy is a perfect example.......brittle, talented, but under that gruff exterior.....highly emotional.

I wish him all the best at the US Open.